Moderator: Cearlan

DeeJ61
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years 1 month

Re: Martin Sorrell's House

Post by DeeJ61 »

Jemima Thorndyke

Jemima stops in her tracks as she hears noises downstairs, she assumes that someone has entered the house, she scans the room for somewhere to hide, then quickly and quietly rolls herself under the bed in the hope that she will be able to sneak out undetected later.

[dice]0[/dice] sneak

Oh no ... Failed miserably 90/40
Last edited by DeeJ61 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Phnglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn. Iä!
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Post by Cearlan »

The sound from above indicates that someone is in the house with you ... upstairs.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Someone's up there, all right," whispers David. "Whoever is armed should lead the way. We don't want a repeat of our last visit."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by royya »

Joseph grabs something blunt and goes upstairs with the others.
We know you are there! come out, we are many and you are one, you cannot overcome us, we are armed!
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
DeeJ61
Layman
Layman

Post by DeeJ61 »

Jemima Thorndyke

Jemima lies there under the bed ... there's nothing she can do now but hope that maybe something may distract them from finding her there ... as she listens to them getting closer to the room, she is playing out lots of different scenarios in her mind as she tries to concoct some sort of excuse for being there.
Last edited by DeeJ61 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by Priest »

As the group starts climbing the stairs, Meredith, hangs further back. At Joseph's words of bravado, his bravery vanishes like smoke in a strong wind. He halts and finds comfort in the shape of his beloved pipe. "Carry on, boyos." He whispers then adds silently beneath his breath, I'll just wait here until the danger's past..
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

The group,The party reaches the door and pauses outside, looking at each other for morale support, despite Joseph's claims of being armed, confidence is not exactly high. [color=#FF8000]Who is at the front and second?[/color]
Jemima,Several sets of footsteps approach the door and pause outside, it sounds as though there is one feale amongst them by the sound of her heels on the floor. This may be relevant, it may not be The fact that the group has called for her to come out and declared that they are armed causes some concern.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,It won't be me, as I'm not armed or much good in a fight.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

OOC,So it's between Sarah and Joseph then ... As Tomsen has not been on the site since 6th I'll npc Sarah until his return - guess who's going first then ...
The group,Sarah huffs and moves past the so called gentlemen who are hesitating outside the room. Very conscious of what happened to mark she pushes the door open fully from behind the wall. Sniffing, she recognises a woman's perfume on the air as the door opens ... Lentheric if she is not mistaken. [color=#0040FF]"OK honey, you better come out before the boys get here, this is your last chance."[/color] She peers round the doorframe. [dice]0[/dice] Spot Hidden 56/70% [color=#0040FF]"I can see you hiding under the bed honey, why not come out and make it easy on yourself?" [/color]Still conscious of Mark's fate she ducks back behind the doorframe, hoping her words will have the desired effect. [color=#0040FF]"I'll count to three, then they are coming in - and they are armed and know where you are ... One ... Two ..."[/color] she counts as she looks at Joseph, hoping he will enter if needs be.
Jemima,From your vantage point under the bed you can see the door swing open and a woman's voice calls out; [color=#0040FF]"OK honey, you better come out before the boys get here, this is your last chance."[/color] and after a second or three it continues [color=#0040FF]"I can see you hiding under the bed honey, why not come out and make it easy on yourself?" [/color] Then the voice calls out a bit more hesitantly [color=#0040FF]"I'll count to three, then they are coming in - and they are armed and know where you are ... One ... Two ..."[/color]
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
DeeJ61
Layman
Layman

Post by DeeJ61 »

Jemima Thorndyke

Jemima realises she has no choice but to show herself, She rolls out from under the bed and quickly jumps to her feet.
She calls out: "Hello ... I erm ... I thought this house was empty, err ... just wanted somewhere to lay my head for a few days that's all."
tormsen
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by tormsen »

Spoiler:
Back now,sorry for that.
Sarah realizes she may be scared if the young woman thinks she is about to be set upon by a group of men, who as far as she would know could merely be rough theives with potentially evil intentions. Her heart softens as she hears the lady wanted a place to stay unmolested: her own financial woes had made her make similar arrrangements in the past though she was shameful to admit it.

"Well, now, don't you know this is the site of a mysterious death? Bad enough having to sleep in an abandoned house, let alone one that may have restless spirits lurking about."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

David steps up behind Sarah. His eyes meet Jemima's as he looks at her suspiciously, trying to determine how honest she's being. - which he suspects isn't very. "Why do women keep breaking into my friend's house?" he wonders aloud. "Well, at least you aren't trying to shoot us. I'm Professor David Johnson. And who might you be, Miss?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Joseph tries to scan the woman, see if she need some kind of medical treatment.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Joseph cannot see any need to get professionally involved with this new woman on the scene as there are no obvious medical concerns from his visual scan of her.

David seems suspicious of the newcomer.

Sarah tries to act as a mediator between the group and the new woman.

Jemima is slightly intimidated by the group.

Meredith stands at the bottom of the stairs wondering what is going on, but able to hear muffled voices
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
DeeJ61
Layman
Layman

Post by DeeJ61 »

Jemima Thorndyke

"My name is Jemima, I knew this house had been empty for awhile, I just needed somewhere to stay for a couple of days ... I'm sorry that there has been a death here" Jemima says; she looks at David, "I do hope it wasn't your friend ... but of course I shouldn't be here," Jemima moves nervously toward the group while saying, "I'm sorry for trespassing, I will leave immediately!" She keeps moving forward to walk through the group.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Finding it difficult to hear what is going on upstairs and judging from the lack of raised voices or activity, Meredith, pipe clutched between his teeth, climbs slowly up the stairs ready to flee if necessary. Once outside the room containing the others he glances inside and is suprised to see a strange female seemingly in the act of leaving. He looks towards David and raises a questioning eyebrow, whilst placing himself to obstruct the doorway.
- Anais Nin
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

David, despite his misgivings looks out the window and seeing the rain has restarted, huffs to himself, he could not in all conscience turf the poor girl out onto the street, especially in the rain, which seems to be getting worse.

"My dear ... we have a job to do here, and whilst I cannot allow your stay here, I think you could remain until this rain passes at least. Allow me to introduce ourselves, and please, be advised that we pose no threat to your honour or safety. I am Professor Johnson from Brown University, this lady is Miss Hawkins, one of our students. The young man with the poker is Dr Huckleberry and the sombre looking gentleman in the doorway is Professor Jones. Our task here is to search the house for clues regarding the untimely demise of our recently deceased friend. Now I know you have no obligation to join us in our search Jemima, but an extra pair of eyes would be valuable ... if you would be willing that is. You would be searching with either myself or Professor Jones, or with Miss Hawkins if you would prefer. I say this because we do not yet know you and secondly, the clues we seek are probably written in books that are maybe a bit dry and academic for a layman."
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Excuse me miss.
Joseph address Jemima
How long have you been here? Have you seen anything unusual, have you seen the person who lived here and the woman that visited here as well? Have you seen anything strange that might help us?
and one last question, what do you do for your living ?
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Unclenching his teeth at the sight of the woman, Meredith allows his pipe to drop into his left hand whilst searching his pocets with hi right, "Hmmm, more to the point, young lady, how did you get in without keys and without the watchfull neighbour having seen you?"
- Anais Nin
DeeJ61
Layman
Layman

Post by DeeJ61 »

Jemima Thorndyke

Jemima steps back a few paces as her exit suddenly becomes blocked by Meredith.
"Well hello to you all," Jemima replies after David has introduced everyone to her,
"Of course I will help if I can, as you say an extra pair of eyes and all ... I don't mind searching with you David ... or indeed any of you, I'm very grateful for the chance to stay here a little longer in the warm and dry."
'Hmmm ... this is an ideal opportunity to look around the house, and with permission too.' Jemima thinks to herself.
"Oh my goodness .... so many questions!
Well where to start?
I was hanging around outside on and off for a few days admiring this beautiful house, it seemed such a shame that there didn't seem to be anyone living here ... I was watching the neighbour take the dog for it's usual walk a couple of days ago, when, out of nowhere an odd looking gentleman was making his way to the door, he had keys, so I thought if I could follow him in and hide, then I would have somewhere to shelter from the elements for a while ... so that is what I did.
It sounded like he was looking for something, he made quite a lot of noise but seemed to make a hasty retreat.
The next thing that happened was last evening around 7.30, I had gone up to the loft where I was hiding, to bed down for the night, the next thing I knew, it sounded like someone was on the roof ... I think whoever it was entered the house through the skylight, this person also seemed like they were looking for something ... made a lot of mess and noise, I believe this was a woman because she was muttering to herself and getting angry and cursing out loud. I don't know whether she found what she was looking for, but her search was far more extensive than the man that searched before her ... I wonder if they were looking for the same thing?
Then around 10 o'clock I heard a lot of voices and some arguing, there were gunshots and at that point I was very frightened and just hid very quietly behind some big boxes in the corner of the loft, the next thing was police sirens.
I had just plucked up the courage to come down from the loft not long before you guys turned up, so you can imagine how frightened I was when I heard you all coming up the stairs shouting that you were armed ... I thought you were the same people back again! now you know why I was hiding under the bed."

Return to “Archive”