Page 1 of 1

Main group

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:17 am
by kabukiman
5 AM, west of Innsmouth.
Sixteen soldier, some civilians and one woman are walking as silent as possible in the frozen Manuxet river. The only sound they hear is the wind. In the narrow gorge, it’s impossible to see the city. They all know their objectives: the center of a cult, and the house the leaders. Nobody knows exactly why the attack. Some say it’s because the locals are smuggling liquor, others that they are a net of Bolshevik spies. Nobody knows for certain. Even more strange, is the presence of a woman here. It seems she is a journalist, but why not send a man. Near bridge, one group goes for the mansion and another to the church.

Re: Main group

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:57 pm
by kabukiman
Captain Corso stops and points up. You will have all to climb with the rifles and bayonets on the dark.
Please, everyone from the esoteric order raid make a climb roll.

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:39 pm
by ImpInTraining
Gordon Pruitt found climbing with the extra gear a bit clumsy. He slipped and fell from his efforts trying to keep quiet in the impact.
Climb - fail,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4313168/]climb(40%) (1d100=76)[/url]

Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:38 am
by Mr. Handy

Dalton Trimble has some difficulty making the ascent.

Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:26 am
by Laraqua
Charles Drake climbs the ascent with ease.

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:05 pm
by ImpInTraining
"Thank goodness one of us isn't a clumsy clod," Gordon commented quietly. He held up his hand to Charles and asked, "A hand please?"

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:30 am
by Laraqua
Charles assists however he can, grinning ruefully. And this was right at the start of this leg of their journey....

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:58 am
by kabukiman
Those who failed the climb, will make a luck roll; if you fail, you loose 1 hp.

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:08 am
by Mr. Handy

Luckily, Dalton is unharmed.

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:54 pm
by ImpInTraining
Gordon was not so lucky, having twisted his ankle in the fall.

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:20 am
by kabukiman
With some dificulties and injuries, your group climbs the place. After some walking, you arrive ath the target. You all see 2 persons standing at the door of the decrepid church. The capain makes a quick sign to Gordon and Dalton to "take care" of the sentinels.
Please, both roll sneak.

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:00 pm
by ImpInTraining
Without a second thought, Gordon nodded to the captain and started pushing forth. Unfortunately, he was finding it hard to sneak around with his twisted ankle. With every noise he made, he paused and tried to stick to the shadows, sneaking a peek to see if the two men had noticed and left their post.
ooc - hide check if you need it,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4350661/]Hide (35%) (1d100=10)[/url]

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:03 pm
by Mr. Handy

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:23 pm
by kabukiman
-Hey, Matt, I heard someone- says one of the figures and pointing in your direction. You all notice he have a very strange voice.
-I'm gonna shoot as a warning.
Captain Corso says a curse and orders:
-Shoot them, we lost our cover anyway!
Please roll your fireweapons.

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:10 am
by Mr. Handy

Dalton cooly raises his rifle and fires at the figure who said he was going to shoot as a warning. His accuracy is unerring as always, and the bullet drills his target right between the eyes.

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:24 pm
by ImpInTraining
Gordon choked on his shot, not expecting to be directed to open fire so early. His 30-06 sounded out, echoing off the distant hills, but his shot went wide. Quickly, he cycled the chamber by pulling the bolt back and seating another round.

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:19 am
by kabukiman
The survivor runs inside the building.
Captain Corso shouts:
-Let's go! We can't give them time to recover! He runs with the other men.

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:03 am
by Mr. Handy

Dalton runs with the others, working the bolt on his rifle to chamber the next round.

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:43 pm
by ImpInTraining
Gordon rushed for the door as well, not waiting for anything.

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:21 am
by kabukiman
Inside the building, you see a big hall, decorated in neoc-classic style; It has several benches and an altar. Aparently it sems a church, but it has an air of decay, like if it wasn't repaired of cleaned for a long time. You see a small door on the oposite side from when you entered.
Make a listen roll, please.

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:05 pm
by ZeekLen
Peter Rondale climbs without trouble and hustles into the building with the rest of the troops.
1d100=20
As he crosses the threshold and his eyes adjust to the light he puts a hand up to his ear.
1d100=18

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:22 am
by Mr. Handy

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:36 pm
by ImpInTraining
Gordon heard nothing aside from the sound of the door slamming open. He saw the other door across the way and didn't see anyone else immediately visible inside the room, so he assumed the survivor just kept running - and Gordon did the same making for the small door.

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:44 pm
by kabukiman
Rondale hears a truck outside stopping the engine.
Gordon open the door and saws a long corridor (you don't see the end); near the door is a stair.

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:23 am
by ZeekLen
Peter whispers under his breath to his commanding officer. "I hear a truck outside. I think it might be some bogies trying to flank us." Whispers Peter under his breath to his commanding officer. He takes a short breath inward and grips his bolt action rifle.

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:47 am
by Mr. Handy

Once he's alerted to the truck, Dalton quietly takes up a position next to the door leading outside, ready with his rifle in case the enemy approaches.

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:10 am
by kabukiman
Captain Corso sends two men with Gordon.
You hear those awful voices outside telling something as "kill the strangers". As soon as one is seen near the door, the captain shouts: "Fire!"

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:13 pm
by ImpInTraining
Gordon says, "I think this buggar went downstairs. I'm heading after!" He heads down the stairs in hopes of catching up with the one who's getting away.

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:00 pm
by ZeekLen
Peter Rondale gets a little jumpy and fires a shot that misses.

Roll One
Generating 1 rolls of d100

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:40 pm
by Mr. Handy

Dalton takes his first shot, which hits, but it doesn't do all that much damage.
OOC,Rifle roll (85% skill) shooting at one of the fish guys. [dice]0[/dice]
OOC,Damage from .30-06 rifle bullet. [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:10 am
by kabukiman
-The strangers are shooting us! Curse them!
They start shooting too.
[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:12 am
by kabukiman
Dalton and Rondale roll luck.
Gordon go to the thread with your name.

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:38 am
by Mr. Handy

Dalton is lucky.
OOC,Luck roll (55% stat) in the shootout. [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:21 am
by ZeekLen
Roll One
Generating 1 rolls of d100, 10 per line.
Comment:

Feeling very unlucky.

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:48 am
by kabukiman
[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:51 am
by kabukiman
Rondale suffers 9 points of damage; another soldier is also hit.
Dalton, you can mak a first aid roll.

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:28 pm
by Mr. Handy

Dalton pulls Rondale behind cover and tries to treat his wound, but it is too grievous and he is no medic.

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:07 pm
by ZeekLen
Rondale coughs into his sleeve and as he wipes his mouth his cheek is smeared with some blood. He sees the blood on this sleeve. He grabs a grenade and asks "Sir, Permission to use heavy explosives?"

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:18 am
by kabukiman
He looks to you with sad eyes and says:
-Permission granted son.

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:41 am
by Mr. Handy

Dalton nods somberly. "I'll cover you," he says.

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:21 pm
by kabukiman
Rondale roll throw grenades please.
Dalton, roll riffle.

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:49 am
by Mr. Handy

Dalton leans around the edge of the doorway and expertly shoots one of the attackers in the head, blowing it to bits.

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:02 am
by ZeekLen
1d100=53
Rondale lobs a grenade
4d6=16
and it raises quiet a ruckus.

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:02 am
by kabukiman
You all saw the head of one of the men explode with the shot; it was like watching a tomato being smashed. The others started to screamed angry. Then the grenade landed and for a moment there was silence; there was a terrible explosion, then silence again. Deadly silence.

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:26 am
by Mr. Handy

Dalton works the bolt and chambers the next round, ready to shoot in case there is any movement outside.

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:45 am
by kabukiman
You see 4 dead bodies, one without the head.

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:29 am
by Mr. Handy

"I count four dead," hisses Dalton. "Was that all of them, or did we miss one?"

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:26 am
by kabukiman
-I don't know for sure. But if you don't see anyone, and there aren't shooting you, I think it's safe to say we finish them.
Rondale, we will take you with us, I know your hurt, but leaving you alone, would'nt be a good idea.
-says the comander
ZeekLen,Your character is seriously wounded, so I'm giving you the choice of getting another character, what do you say?

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:12 am
by Mr. Handy

Dalton nods and goes over to help Rondale. "Can you walk?" he asks.

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:51 am
by ZeekLen
If I can play Rondale through to his demise as well. He is,after all, my first ever Cthulhu character

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:26 pm
by kabukiman
ZeekLen,Very well, you continue with your character

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:29 pm
by kabukiman
You all hear an explosion, like if the building had been hit from the ground.

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:39 pm
by Mr. Handy

"We're not using artillery, are we?" asks Dalton, trying to help Rondale along.

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:58 am
by kabukiman
-I think it was bellow. Our 3 soldiers must be using grenades. Let's go help them-says the comander

Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:20 am
by Mr. Handy

Dalton nods and helps Rondale onwards through the door that the others used.

Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:19 am
by kabukiman
You descend the stairs and you find the 3 soldiers. On seem a bit hurt.

Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:32 pm
by ImpInTraining
Gordon was sporting some new bandage wear, fresh with stains of blood from an apparent gunshot wound and burned clothes around his leg from the grenade he had dropped prematurely - not that he'd let any of the others know that part. "Sir!" he said with a sense of urgency, "There may be one wounded down there, the others retreated and suggested that they were setting something loose, a guard dog or something. I suggests using light sources, as they hinted it was dark... or black, whatever it is."

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:40 am
by Mr. Handy

Dalton tries to help Gordon, but there isn't much he can do for him. "Fire might be even better," he suggests.

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:11 pm
by kabukiman
-I hope they aren't thinking of turn the ligths off, it would be a nasty figth. Let's continue.
You start the descent. After some time, the stairs seems severly damaged, like if an explosion had hit it.

Roll Jump

Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:17 am
by Mr. Handy

Dalton lands very badly.
OOC,D'oh! :shock:

Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:11 am
by kabukiman
You jump but miscalculate it; you loose your balance; to avoid falling you throw away your gun, so you managed to arrive safely. But you lost your gun who makes a lot of noise when it hit the ground.

Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:05 pm
by ZeekLen
1d100=77
Rondale tries to jump. But instead feels something pop in his leg.

Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:09 am
by Mr. Handy

Dalton quickly retrieves his dropped rifle.

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:21 am
by ImpInTraining
Gordon sholdered his weapon after seeing what happened with Dalton, then attempted to make the leap. Unfortunately, his earlier injuries made it a bit harder than he had hoped.
Jump - Fail,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4397011/]Jump (28% I think) (1d100=68)[/url]

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:18 am
by kabukiman
Gordon and Rondale both lose 1 HP.
Dalton, doesn't recover the rifle because she has fall by the stairs and you don't see her.
You all start hearing something like a singing in an unknow language. Like if it was frogs and human voices singing.

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:35 am
by Mr. Handy

"Damn," mutters Dalton, unable to find his rifle. "And I'm the best shot in this unit, too. Anyone else care to lend me a rifle? I'll give you one or two of my grenades. But we'd better get moving fast, before they have time to get organized."
OOC,Do you mean [b]Dalton[/b] in the second line instead of [b]Gordon[/b]?

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:52 am
by kabukiman
OOC,Oops, your rigth, my mistake. I have edited.

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:26 pm
by ZeekLen
Rondale hands Dalton the rifle he has been using to help himself stay propped up. His face covered in grit he snears. "You'd better take mine. I'm a pretty good throw.. (coughs) You just gotta do something for me.. If you make it out of this. Go to Boston. Look up Scotty Mills. Give him this." Rondale also hands him a baseball card. It's dark but you can see the thousand yard stare and prideful smirk of Lou Gehrig looking into the darkness.

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:51 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thanks, friend," says Dalton, handing him a grenade in exchange. He puts the baseball card in his pocket and points his rifle ahead. "I'll see to it. Let's get moving." He proceeds onwards, helping Rondale along.

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:27 pm
by kabukiman
You end the descent. The voices are louder, and you see a great room with an altar full of candles. In the altar you see several... fishes with cloth? One has a dagger, a tall hat, and is dressed in silk; behind hime is a another room. A person seems to be sleeping in the altar (maybe drugged?)
There are several persons (men and women) with awful deformities and they still continue singing in a strange language; you see some children (human).
Three deform people have guns and are preparing to shoot you.

OOC1: Please roll sanity for watching the deep-ones
OOC2: Roll spot hidden

Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:11 am
by Mr. Handy

Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:08 pm
by ImpInTraining
The bizarre sight before Gordon tore at his very psyche, but his sense of self-preservation kept him from losing it. Gordon had already unshouldered his weapon and had it up and at the ready when he noticed those aiming weapons their way. He took aim and paid little attention to anything else.

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:35 am
by kabukiman
OOC1, Dalton roll a 1d10
OOC2, Gordon roll weapon
OOC3, Rondale, you need to roll sanity and spot hidden.

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:04 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,Holy smokes... he actually succeeded in a skill check! Someone sound the fanfare!
Gordon's 30-06 rifle was lined up and he squeezed the trigger, his gunshot echoed through the chamber and he struck his target! It was a deadly blow!

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:48 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4405994/]10[/url]. I believe that's stupor or catatonia. Just as well, since I'll be going away for over a week startng tomorrow night.

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:35 pm
by ZeekLen
---- Signed section - include this line ---- Results displayed via web. Summary: Sanity and Spot Hidden -------------------------------------------------- Roll One Generating 1 rolls of d100,1 per line. Comment: Sanity 41 -------------------------------------------------- Roll Two Generating 1 rolls of 1d100, 1 per line. Comment: Spot Hidden 56 (Off Table: I hope this is ok. My normal dice roller is giving me trouble today.) ---- Signed section - include this line ----

Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:49 am
by kabukiman
Dalton simply get to the ground, and stays there mumbling something.
Gordon sees with satisfaction one less enemy, and Rondale prepares to shot on...

OOC: Rondale please roll your weapon.

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:45 pm
by ZeekLen
---- Signed section - include this line ----

Results displayed via web.
Summary: Dice rolls generated by PBE Games

--------------------------------------------------
Roll One
Generating 1 rolls of 1d100, 1 per line.
Comment: Grenade

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:08 am
by kabukiman
Please, both roll 1d6.

Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:39 am
by ZeekLen
--------------------------------------------------
Roll One
Generating 1 rolls of 1d6, 1 per line.
Comment:

Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:50 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Am I supposed to roll too?

Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:27 am
by kabukiman
OOC, yes, Mr Handy and ImpInTraining.

Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:27 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,Sorry... I didn't know you meant me. You said 'both' ... there's what...three or four of us players in here right? Anyway, got a 5 out of 6. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4413317/]Directed to roll this. I don't know why... probably because I'm so damned good looking. (1d6=5)[/url]

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:16 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4413653/]Random roll (1d6=5)[/url]

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:24 am
by kabukiman
OOC: I wasn't counting with Mr Handy since he was out, but after he return, he was included; since he was in the ground he got a bit covered from the blast and only lost half the hps.

The grenade fails the target and everyone in the room is hit by the blast. The explosion is terrible and for a moment none of you can hear anything. Then you start recovering your hearing and sight. You see women and children in the ground covered in blood. Your enemies seem also confused.
OOC. Gordon and Rondale please both roll sanity: if failed, loose 1d4 of san.

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 pm
by ImpInTraining
Sanity Failed,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4414282/]Sanity (55%) (1d100=70)[/url]
Lost 3 Sanity,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4414287/]Sanity Loss (1d4=3)[/url]
Gordon is nearly in shock. The sight of the slaughtered children makes him vomit as he tries to recover his wits.

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:27 am
by ZeekLen
1d100 → [29] = (29)
Pass

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:03 am
by kabukiman
You both get shocked with the carnage, with all those women and children dead (or hurt). But at least the chants have stoped. You see some of the deformed men starting to get up and getting their weapons; but the fishmen seem to be running (well, not running, since they cannot run, but only walk).
Please roll fireweapons (unless you want to make any other action).

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:24 pm
by ImpInTraining
Gordon wiped his mouth with his forearm as he spotted movement out of the corner of his eye. It was the deformed men lurching for their weapons! He drew his weapon up quickly and took a sloppy shot without aiming missing badly. "Stop where you are or we'll drop you!" he warns their opponents. He figured might as well use it as a warning shot... try to save some face for such a horrible aim.

Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:34 am
by ZeekLen
Rondale throws one last grenade to finish them off!
1d100 = 49

Rolling 4d6
( 1 + 2 + 6 + 5 ) = 14

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:17 am
by kabukiman
The result is a disaster... for the enemy. The few survivors are too wounded to make any resistance, and all they can do is asking for help. But some of the leaders have escaped by the tunnel...

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:02 pm
by ImpInTraining
Gordon takes his knife out and puts a silent end to any of these creatures that seem to be in pain and outside of the hope of surviving. A quick death would be preferred to the suffering, he rationalizes.

Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:47 pm
by kabukiman
Nobody seems to notice. The commander shouts:
-Don't let them go away! We need to capture them.
He says to two soldiers to stay with any survivor and then follows to the tunnel.

Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:13 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Am I still insane?

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:54 am
by kabukiman
Mr Handy,Yes

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:04 pm
by kabukiman
As the commander follows the tunnel, after some time they arrive at a great cave. You can see the group you are chasing has stopped near something. Please make a spot hidden roll.

OOC: Mr Handy, you can start acting now.

Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:13 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Mr Handy, you can act.

Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:16 am
by Mr. Handy

Dalton collects his equipment and hurries to catch up with the others, but he can't see much.
OOC,I'm sorry, I hadn't realized that I could act in this thread. I hadn't seen that OOC comment at the end of the previous post.

Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:20 am
by kabukiman
You run in a long tunel, without hearing anything. But suddenly you hear screams and gunshots.

Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 5:15 am
by Mr. Handy

Dalton races towards the sounds, his rifle at the ready.

Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:31 am
by kabukiman
After some time, you arrive at a large cave. You see several cultists dead and your companions shooting... at a thing. A black mass of ooze that is going in your direction. It must be your imagination, because it seem to have several mouths doing a sound like "Tekeli-li". 2 of the men are mumbling in stupor, the others are shooting against the thing with no results.
OOC: Make a sanity roll please

Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 4:39 am
by Mr. Handy

Dalton's eyes go wide when he sees the monstrosity, but this time he retains some composure. Knowing that his rifle will be useless against this thing, he begins to reach for a grenade.
OOC,I probably have to roll for my Sanity loss before I can act, which I expect is 1d6 even though I succeeded and thus may be enough to make me go insane again.

Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:41 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Yes, you must roll a 1d6, but we don't know what kind of madness you will get...

Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:46 am
by Mr. Handy

Dalton while alarmed, retains most of his composure. He pulls the pin and lobs the grenade directly at the thing, causing a powerful explosion!
OOC,Creatures with a high SIZ give a bonus to hit, equal to +5 for every full 10 points of SIZ above 30, so it will probably be easier to hit. However, I rolled well enough that I hit without a bonus.

Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:17 am
by kabukiman
The thing... makes a sound like a scream. Not a scream, a huge hiss of pain and anger. It change direction and goes after you mad with fury,as incredible it may seem that such a mass can feel feelings. But your companions (those who are still capable), throw grenades at it, stopping the thing. She starts retreating.

Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 5:28 am
by Mr. Handy

"Press the attack!" says Dalton, reaching for his last remaining grenade. "We need to finish it off!"

Posted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:48 am
by kabukiman
OOC: What action you will take?

Posted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:22 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'd like to throw my grenade at the creature, but grenades can only be thrown every other round according to the weapons chart. I'll lead the men after it in the meantime if its retreat would carry it out of range otherwise.

Posted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:54 am
by kabukiman
The thing coninues to retreat to the opposite side. It screams more with each grenade.

Posted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:52 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Do we have any grenades left?

Posted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:15 am
by kabukiman
OOC: in the group, about 3.

Posted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:54 am
by Mr. Handy

Dalton doesn't want to reveal to the creature that they're almost out of grenades, and he doubts that a few more will kill it when so many hadn't done the job. "I think it knows we can hurt it," he says. "If it has any sense, it'll leave us alone now. We should keep our grenades ready, but hold off on using them unless it causes trouble. Do we have any more powerful explosives?"

Posted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:29 am
by kabukiman
The commander says:
-There is a group outside with flamethrower and another with explosives. We can called them, and keep this thing at distance until they come.
He sends one of the soldiers who goes happily to be out of here..

Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 4:36 am
by Mr. Handy

"That should do nicely, sir," says Dalton, keeping a wary eye on the creature. It takes a special kind of crazy to carry a flamethrower, he thinks, but I'm glad we have someone nuts enough to do it.

Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:33 am
by kabukiman
Time passes. The thing is in a corner of the cave. After some time, it starts moving a little, and immediatly one of the soldierrs throw a grenade. The things stops and make a sound like a protest.
-Hey, it seems it has some inteligence. You think we could tame it as a pet? I mean, the other freaks controled it somehow...- says one of the soldiers.
The others look at him like if he was completly crazy.

Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 5:26 am
by Mr. Handy

"Maybe they tame it by feeding someone to it every so often," says Gordon.

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:20 am
by kabukiman
Private James was descending the stairs of the church. He arrived at a great room full of bodies. Women, children, men. Some were still agonizing. There was a corridor, and after some time, a cave with several soldiers, some very shaken. They all looking to some point.

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:52 pm
by Airbornexo
Pvt. James Thorson shrugged the straps on the heavy tank at his back, the volitile liquid sloshing inside as he shifted it to a more comfortable position. He looked at the carnage and scratched the blond stubble forming at his chin. He shook his head and let out a low whistle 'damn it, if I hadn't been so slow on the climb I might have saved a few lives here!'

He staggered down and down. Looking for the squad, until he found them or what was left of them and found his eyes involuntarily drawn in the direction they were looking...

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:40 am
by Mr. Handy

"It's over here," says Gordon, hearing the newcomer with the heavy flamethrower rig approach. "We'll cover you."

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:36 am
by kabukiman
All you see is some kind of mud. A big black mass of mud. Or is it oil? You don't see anyone else besides that, but for some reason, the soldiers are all looking at it...

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:37 pm
by Airbornexo
Thorson acknowledged the other soldiers with a nod and walked a little closer to them , unslinging the gun section of the thrower and checking the nozzles and hoses instinctively as he walked. He peered at the mass a little closer, "what the hell is that you're looking at a plant or something?"

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:56 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'm not sure what the hell it is," says Dalton, "but it's no plant. That thing survived a whole bunch of grenades, and bullets don't seem to do a thing to it."

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:07 am
by kabukiman
-Just finish it, ok?- says the officer- it killed two of our men.

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:09 pm
by Airbornexo
With an expert hand, Thorson lets a couple of test-puffs of flame out of the nozzle. Then in a controlled burst hoses a long tongue of flame over the thing in the corner...

OOC - success, made roll by 7. What's the damage of a flamethrower?

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:35 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,The rulebook says 2d6+shock.

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:27 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: roll a 2d6. Shoggots don't get a shock, but it's nasty for them anyway...

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:19 pm
by Airbornexo
OOC - 2d6=7 :/

Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:56 am
by kabukiman
-TEKELILI! TEKELILI!
Sudenly the mass makes that strange noise, and it starts moving, in your direction. Somehow you know it's furious with you.

OOC: What do you do? Dodge or continue hiting it?

Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:37 am
by Airbornexo
Gritting his teeth Thorson's instinctive reaction is to fire again.

Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:11 am
by Mr. Handy

"Hit it with everything we've got!" calls Dalton.
OOC,Do I have one of the remaining grenades? If so, I'll throw it at the shoggoth. If not, I'll just shoot at it with my rifle. Is it close enough to us for point blank bonus?

Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:30 am
by Airbornexo
Thorson grits his his teeth so hard together at the sight of the enraged creature that he nearly cracks a tooth. However he somehow manages to keep his cool and plays fire out of the weapon in his shaking hand again. His aim isn't true this time and the gouts of flame splash the cavern wall missing the incomprehensible mass...

Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:52 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,That might still hit. If it's within your DEX (10) in feet, the point blank bonus applies, doubling your effective skill. Even if it's not that close, you get a bonus to hit very large targets. For every full 10 points of SIZ above 30 it is, you get +5 to your effective skill. This means that as long as it's SIZ 70 or larger, you still hit, and the average SIZ of a shoggoth is 84.

Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:12 am
by kabukiman
OOC: You hit it, because it's great mass AND you are very close. Throwing grenades is dangerous, but you can try.

You finally see it. A mass of bubbles with eyes and mouths screaming "Tekelili! Tekelili!". It's doesn't belong to this world, it's a nitghmare from some madmen dream.
OOC2: please roll san.

Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:40 pm
by Airbornexo
OOC - damage for the hit 2d6=5 and San fail 1d100=82 uh-oh!

Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:42 am
by Mr. Handy

Not wanting to risk a grenade with the creature so close to Thorson, Dalton trains his rifle on the thing and puts a bullet in it - for all the good it might do.

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:32 am
by kabukiman
When you think that the thing will hit you, it say a last "Tekelili" and stops. Dead (was it really alive?).
OOC: Roll a 1d6/1d20 for sanity loss.

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:56 pm
by Airbornexo
OOC - yow! San loss- 1d20=13

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:27 am
by kabukiman
Fire. You get fascinated with fire. Things burning are pretty. The flames dancing... how didn't you see it before? That's why you have come to this job. To burn things.

The cave is now in silence. But at least there is ligth, with the thing burning. The fire is something sane.

OOC: The scenario is also finished. I will write an ending in some days. I hope you all enjoyed, thank you for you patience and sorry for any mistakes.