OOC

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:10 pm
by Priest
For all those OOC chats.

Re: OOC

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:28 pm
by DrPeterson
I'm really looking forward to playing this. *hop hop*

I played coffee time of the dead a few months ago and it tasted of more!

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:37 pm
by Priest
We are waiting for Pickman 37, who expressed an interest, to join us then the Pinnacle is almost ready to set sail. However I will be quite happy if we have a last minute passenger or two :twisted:

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:56 pm
by DrPeterson
or "lunch", as they are commonly referred to. ;)

Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:15 pm
by Garrett
groan, what the hell is taking Pickman so long? I want to start the bloodfest!

Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:52 am
by Pickman37
Sorry looks like I'm out. In about a month or so I will be without computer access for 5 weeks. My other games should survive but I don't think this one can with the daily posting and no use starting here only to vanish for more than a month. Sorry. Hopefully you can continue on.

Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:41 pm
by DrPeterson
I'm sure we could find you locked in a cupboard when you return, mate.
Take care!

Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:16 pm
by Garrett
So are we just gonna start with three or wait for another fourth or what?

Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:28 pm
by Priest
I am as disapointed as you. So I'm going to advertise on the games looking for players board and see what happens, but the Pinnacle will hoist anchor next week with or without four.

Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:29 am
by Garrett
Sweet

Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:13 pm
by DrPeterson
I've a friend who likes AFMBE, I'll ask him if he'd like to join.
I don't think he ever forum played before, though.

Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:52 pm
by Priest
It would seem we may have two more players, Laraqua and Mr Pear (conscripted courtesy of Dr Peterson). So all going well and the characters completed the Pinnacle sets sail on her maiden voyage to the Bermudas on Monday 29th April at 20:00 hrs (GMT). As the advertisement for the cruise had said, "An exciting time is garaunteed for all passengers".

Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:47 pm
by Priest
Time is getting short for character creation, the Pinnacle weighs anchor at 20:00 hrs (GMT) Monday 29th. :D

Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:27 pm
by DrPeterson
Mr Pear told me he's working on his drawbacks and advantages, but apart from that, he's got his character figured out.
He's coming over tomorrow to suffer my Tatters of the King. If he hasn't posted by then, I'll give him a gentle nudge through means of a clenched fist. ;)

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:14 pm
by Priest
It seems we are about to be joined on this cruise by Kabukiman :D

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:32 pm
by DrPeterson
Excellent, more meat for the grinder!
:D

Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:17 am
by Priest
I shall be away from Saturday 11th untill Sunday 19th May. Holiday (woohoo) visiting castles and other places of interest in Northumbria.

Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:22 am
by kabukiman
Ok, have fun!

Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:11 pm
by DrPeterson
Have a grand time!

Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:56 pm
by Mr. Pear
enjoy and beware of what lurks in those castles!

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:30 am
by DrPeterson
Apparently I'm going barbecuing in the east of the country this weekend. If you'd be so kind as to take over Jonathan till tomorrow night.

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:58 pm
by Priest
Don't worry, I don't envisage anything happening before Monday. Have a good time :D

Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:49 pm
by Garrett
Hey, how do you calculate initiative and damage in combat, also wasn't there some sort of rule where if you do enough damage you stun your enemy?
Also do spiked knuckles do piercing damage?

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:13 pm
by Priest
Garrett wrote:Hey, how do you calculate initiative and damage in combat, also wasn't there some sort of rule where if you do enough damage you stun your enemy?
Also do spiked knuckles do piercing damage?
Apologies missed your questions.
Initiative is 1d10 + DEX + any fast reactions/skill mods.
Damage for the spiked knuckles 1d4 x Strength +2
Damage is inflicted to life points, if life points drop to 0 or below end of character. For zombies they are called dead points. There is no ruling for stun, but I will use discretion and work it to the amount of damage inflicted in a single attack and the location of that attack.

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:08 pm
by Mr. Handy
I'll be away on vacation through the 29th, and again from the afternoon of July 3rd through the 7th, so I probably won't be able to post during those times.

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:29 am
by DrPeterson
Our excavation starts this week and since my assistant isn't arriving until the second week, I might be hard-pressed to post on here with anything remotely resembling frequency.

If my delayed responses are slowing down the story, please feel free to NPC my character after their particular..uhm...idiom, sir?...yes, idiom!

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:26 pm
by Priest
Having started well I'm beginning to feel that interest in this game is starting to flag, probably my fault. However this may be due to time of year, holidays and so on. So I'm going to call a time out and try and pick this up again in September after holiday season if everyone is agreeable?

Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:13 am
by kabukiman
Ok for me.

Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:21 pm
by Mr. Pear
eh, not in my case anyway. I'm still as interested as I was when starting. For me there shouldn't be a time out but if it's necessary, that's fine with me.

Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:12 pm
by Mr. Handy
I'm still interested too, I was just away for most of the past two weeks and spent the rest of the time catching up. If you want to pause the game until September, I'm fine with that, but I'm ready to continue now.

Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:27 am
by Priest
Oh I'm quite happy to continue, I just thought that with this time of year being full of holidays and real life stuff that people might want a short break. However having said that Dr Peterson is away at the moment with limited access to the site, so I think pausing until his return might be a good idea. How does everyone feel about that?

Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:12 pm
by Mr. Handy
That's okay with me.

Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:49 pm
by kabukiman
I'm ok too.

Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:40 am
by Garrett
BAAAH! Where's peterson, I want this game to continue I was having fun!

Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:23 pm
by Mr. Pear
last thing i heard was that he took a train somewhere in spain...

Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:51 pm
by DrPeterson
I wasn't on that particular train, and there were no fascists to bomb the ones I was one, so I made it back in one piece!

Thanks for waiting, guys! Now let's do stuff with bubblegum and arses!

Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:21 pm
by Priest
Okay, now we are together again, I suggest we resume tomorrow night (Monday). In the meantime I will prepare a short situation report. ;)

Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:28 am
by kabukiman
I didn't knew we had restart the game! Sorry not playing it.

Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:44 am
by Priest
kabukiman wrote:I didn't knew we had restart the game! Sorry not playing it.
No problem. Not much has happened - yet!

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:44 pm
by Priest
Family visiting, no updates before Sunday night.

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:07 pm
by DrPeterson
Priest wrote:Family visiting, no updates before Sunday night.
Strength!

Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:19 pm
by Priest
Almost finished now.

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:18 pm
by Priest
And so we come to the end of the cruise. Thanks for playing.
I am tempted to try the 'Alternative Beginning' but not as AMBE. Instead as Savage Worlds for which the War of the Dead adventure was intended.
Playing this game has taught me some valuable lessons. Lessons I would like to put into practice, as with most things the 'if only' factor has come into play. 'Alternative Beginning' allows that chance.
If anyone is interested please give me a shout.

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:26 pm
by kabukiman
What? We finished just like that? I was hopping we would go to land, to see what is happening to the world. So Marcello would see he didn't have a chance to be re-elected...

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:33 am
by Mr. Handy
I'm definitely interested in playing. I'd thought that this was just the introduction, and that the game would continue after we got off the ship.

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:32 am
by Priest
Your choice, either we can continue into chapter two, or we can go with alternative beginnings.
Chapter Two starts with you heading for land.
Alternative Beginnings has you in Raleigh, North Carolina when it begins.
I thought that last comment by Marcello was a good point to end the chapter. Either way I think that shifting to Savage Worlds might be the way to go, but again I leave it up to you, the players (if you do decide to shift, I will do the conversions for you).
There is a quick start rule pack available for Savage Worlds, so if you don't know the system take a quick look - its free.

http://www.peginc.com/freebies/SWcore/TD06.pdf

Whatever you choose to do it's cool with me, I was starting to think that people had lost interest in the game. I think we may have lost a couple of players, but that's okay if we have their characters will not make it to land.

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:17 am
by DrPeterson
I think it would be cool to stop this story line here and start with Alternative Beginnings, and then maybe pick up these characters in Ch2, or just hear or find things about what happened with the Pinnacle in the new adventure.

Savage Worlds is good for me, I've never played it, but I'm sure we'll pick it up quickly.

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:36 pm
by Mr. Handy
I would like to continue this adventure, but I'd be fine with using Altarnative Beginnings and then coming back to it. I'm willing to learn Savage Worlds if you'd rather use that.

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:27 pm
by Priest
That might be a good idea. We could run Alternative beginnings with new characters and leave the survivors from the Pinnacle for a while then come back to them at a suitable point.
Running AB using Savage Worlds will be easier in the long run (no conversions). It is an easy system, easier than AFMBE, so you are right it will soon be understood.
But I will see how the rest feel before deciding. I'll pm them.

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:37 am
by Mr. Pear
I think the Unisystem from AFMBE is simply brilliant, but I'm cool with anything. Let's go for it then :-)

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:40 am
by kabukiman
I'm ok with any decision.

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:40 pm
by Priest
Thanks all. I will begin with the Savage Worlds character creation system using this board. I will post a 'Quick and Dirty' guide to the system for the benefit of those who do not know Savage Worlds. For the moment we simply await word from Garrett as to his thoughts. I will go with the five of you as before, but might try and enlist another.
Most of the background information to the story remains the same, just a different location and different circumstances. I will put any different pieces under a new Topic, 'When there is no more room in hell...'

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:49 am
by Garrett
Hey I know I got a little inconsistent towards the end of the cruise but I think I"m good now and I would like to try this savage world thing.