OOC

Moderator: Priest

DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Re: OOC

Post by DrPeterson »

Priest wrote:Family visiting, no updates before Sunday night.
Strength!
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

Almost finished now.
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

And so we come to the end of the cruise. Thanks for playing.
I am tempted to try the 'Alternative Beginning' but not as AMBE. Instead as Savage Worlds for which the War of the Dead adventure was intended.
Playing this game has taught me some valuable lessons. Lessons I would like to put into practice, as with most things the 'if only' factor has come into play. 'Alternative Beginning' allows that chance.
If anyone is interested please give me a shout.
- Anais Nin
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

What? We finished just like that? I was hopping we would go to land, to see what is happening to the world. So Marcello would see he didn't have a chance to be re-elected...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm definitely interested in playing. I'd thought that this was just the introduction, and that the game would continue after we got off the ship.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Your choice, either we can continue into chapter two, or we can go with alternative beginnings.
Chapter Two starts with you heading for land.
Alternative Beginnings has you in Raleigh, North Carolina when it begins.
I thought that last comment by Marcello was a good point to end the chapter. Either way I think that shifting to Savage Worlds might be the way to go, but again I leave it up to you, the players (if you do decide to shift, I will do the conversions for you).
There is a quick start rule pack available for Savage Worlds, so if you don't know the system take a quick look - its free.

http://www.peginc.com/freebies/SWcore/TD06.pdf

Whatever you choose to do it's cool with me, I was starting to think that people had lost interest in the game. I think we may have lost a couple of players, but that's okay if we have their characters will not make it to land.
- Anais Nin
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

I think it would be cool to stop this story line here and start with Alternative Beginnings, and then maybe pick up these characters in Ch2, or just hear or find things about what happened with the Pinnacle in the new adventure.

Savage Worlds is good for me, I've never played it, but I'm sure we'll pick it up quickly.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I would like to continue this adventure, but I'd be fine with using Altarnative Beginnings and then coming back to it. I'm willing to learn Savage Worlds if you'd rather use that.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

That might be a good idea. We could run Alternative beginnings with new characters and leave the survivors from the Pinnacle for a while then come back to them at a suitable point.
Running AB using Savage Worlds will be easier in the long run (no conversions). It is an easy system, easier than AFMBE, so you are right it will soon be understood.
But I will see how the rest feel before deciding. I'll pm them.
- Anais Nin
Mr. Pear
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 11 years

Post by Mr. Pear »

I think the Unisystem from AFMBE is simply brilliant, but I'm cool with anything. Let's go for it then :-)
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

I'm ok with any decision.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Thanks all. I will begin with the Savage Worlds character creation system using this board. I will post a 'Quick and Dirty' guide to the system for the benefit of those who do not know Savage Worlds. For the moment we simply await word from Garrett as to his thoughts. I will go with the five of you as before, but might try and enlist another.
Most of the background information to the story remains the same, just a different location and different circumstances. I will put any different pieces under a new Topic, 'When there is no more room in hell...'
- Anais Nin
Garrett
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by Garrett »

Hey I know I got a little inconsistent towards the end of the cruise but I think I"m good now and I would like to try this savage world thing.

Return to “Archive”