Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

War of the Dead - important information

Post by Priest »

To start;

THE ZOMBIE GENRE AND WAR OF THE DEAD

It’s important to note that the modern day concept of the zombie in film and literature is owed almost in its entirety to George A. Romero, beginning with his 1968 film “Night of the Living Dead.” In the setting of War of the Dead, Romero never made that film or any of its sequels and, as a result, the concept of the Living Dead never existed in film or print.
Characters in War of the Dead are totally unfamiliar with the Living Dead. The idea of the dead reanimating, the possibility of a bite being one possible method of Infection, or the need to destroy the brain when combating the Living Dead is alien to them when the outbreak first takes place. Such knowledge should come only through experience, and through life-and-death encounters. (War of the Dead – Daring Entertainment)
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Re: War of the Dead - important information

Post by Priest »

The action starts on board a cruise ship, The Pinnacle, so characters need a valid reason for being aboard as passengers not crew. As it starts out as a holiday cruise, character dependants are encouraged (bonuses will be given, during Character creation). Occupations are up to the individual player, characters may choose a military or law enforcement background, but as they are on leave/vacation they will have no access to occupational hardware. However you may feel that knowing how to use a rocket launcher might be useful at some stage.
In the end remember this is not a simple ‘zombie whack’ story, it deals with far more complex issues. So, no matter what background is chosen this story is all about the survival of ordinary folk in extraordinary circumstances.
- Anais Nin
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Guns:
So far this only seems to apply to Garrett's character. It seems that it is okay for an American citizen to possess a firearm aboard a ship, but he cannot take it ashore with him. So a gun is permissable as long as you stay aboard, as to whether the Ships security would appreciate having armed passengers aboard, that is something else.

Edit: Since I wrote this post I've discovered that since 9/11 security has been tightened in regards to what you can and what you can't carry into the USA and guns are right up at the top. As this the Pinnacle is registered in the Bahamas and sailing out of an American port, security would be extremely tight. As a result no 'legaly registered' firearms will be allowed aboard, any 'illegal' firearms will be confiscated.
So any character with a firearm amongst their possessions might want to rethink.
- Anais Nin
Garrett
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by Garrett »

No gun, got it.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I won't have a gun, but I will be bringing my baseball bat, baseballs, and glove, intending to get some practice in.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

I'll be armed with my uncanny writing skills and awesome personality.

Yeah...
I'm going to survive this...
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

The Pinnacle is an eleven deck cruise ship registered in the Bahammas sailing out of Miami with a passenger capacity of 2,435 persons. Fully fitted out to cater for those in pursuit of the combined pleasure of Gaming and Cruising, amongst its advertised amenities it boasts the Oceanic Dining Room, Masquerade Theatre, Starview Lounge, Voodoo Bar. Aztec Crown Lounge, three Conference Centres, two pools, six whirlpools, a beauty salon, a library, a video game room a relaxing health spa, and of course Montezuma’s Palace. Said to rival the best that Las Vegas can offer.
It is owned by Howard Forthington, and captained by Enrico Romero. Its full security compliment is headed by an internationally renowned security consultant Jason Kirkman.
Throughout my descriptions of rooms will be basic, if any character wishes to detail fittings and fixtures within that is fine as long as they are not attempting to gain unfair advantage through doing so. All cabins and rooms throughout the ship are constructed of a steel/composite construction rendering access to and from all interiors other than by regular doorways impossible without suitable tools. Access to all rooms and secure areas throughout the ship is via encrypted keycard locks.

All corridor flooring is coated with a non-slip compound, effective against water, oil and other noxious substances. Each corridor has full fire control equipment, including extinguishers for all major substance fires.

Passenger cabins begin on deck four with all decks accessible via the numerous elevators, or stairs for the more athletically inclined. On this deck will be found the ships medical facility as well as the ‘Capn Kidd’ children’s area.
- Anais Nin
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Two questions:

Are there skeet shooting facilities on board?
Which bar serves the best cocktails?
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Pear
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 11 years

Post by Mr. Pear »

What's the scheduled route for the ship? Doing photoshoots on Caribbean beaches is a hard and stressful job, so I need to be able to plan the whole process..
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Itinerary 2 nights:
MIAMI - FLORIDA, NASSAU - BAHAMAS, MIAMI - FLORIDA

- Anais Nin
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

DrPeterson wrote:Two questions:

Are there skeet shooting facilities on board?
Which bar serves the best cocktails?
Yes, situated on the top deck at the stern of the ship.
According to various guides the Voodoo Bar would be your best bet.
- Anais Nin
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Excellent! I can hardly wait to combine the two!

Return to “Archive”