IC-Ep 2-Joining Forces(Everyone else)

The TARDIS goes missing, dragged into the sea by something inhuman. During their investigations, Story and his companions join up with the team from UNIT. Leonek and Salem make a horrifying discovery.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 11 years

Re: IC-Ep 2-Joining Forces(Everyone else)

Post by MikeTheMoose »

Chad noticing Tobias' lead was definitely getting extremely suspicious at this point. Lost "equipment" that they wouldn't further specify. No money. Conveniently showing up everywhere they tried to go. He was tired of the dancing in circles. He decided it was time to push the Gambit and see how far it would go. "Look you obviously aren't here just for the sight seeing. I understand you may have had some unfortunate circumstance strike....It can happen to the best of us..." Chad's focus briefly lapsed as he thought of the crash earlier in the day and how that had killed the ground crew, injured his team mates, broke their equipment, and put them at a severe disadvantage. "But if you are really in a bad way and need help, our help, then it's time to stop with the pretexts and start telling the truth. Not just the convenient truth, all of it, and you can start by dispensing with this 'tourist' hogwash." He eyed the new guests looking for clues about their personage, carefully trying to determine what the real story here was.
Rolls,Spot Hidden (45) [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4233910/]45[/url] Psychology (05) [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4233918/]18[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Tobias placed his order for drinks at the bar, which the bartender filled and handed to the waitress, who brought them to the tables.
Chad Engraham,[b]Chad[/b] noticed nothing unusual about [b]Story[/b] and his companions, but he noticed out of the corner of his eye that there was something odd about the waitress. She had enlarged eyes, and as she wrapped her hand around a mug to deliver a drink, [b]Chad[/b] could see that her fingers were webbed. Her features reminded him of the horrible autopsy photo, but they were less pronounced. [spoiler][b]Chad[/b], please roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d4.[/spoiler]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by MikeTheMoose »

Roll,Oh great, [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4234608/]49 and 4[/url]
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook looks at Chad, then waits untill the waitress has left the table before speaking. "It's not "hogwash", it's true. We're travelling, seeing different sights, I think that "tourist" covers that very well. More often than not we tend to end up in some type of weird, that's why I'm pretty sure the things in the sea is the reason we're here. Or maybe the disappeared woman. I think our ride likes to put us where we need to be, although sometimes there's not really much we can do.Yes, our valuables were in our vehicle, that is now disappeared, just like your friend, and I guess I could try get a job or something, but web design is a useless skill in pre-internet Dunwich. So, maybe we should just compare notes, and figure out what the hell is going on here, so that we can find our ride, cause untill that happens, we don't even have a place to sleep tonight." She looks at Story, Lucius and Elisabeth, blushing a little. "Ahm....too much?" She looks back to the others. "I'm Brook Davies, nice to meet you."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Tobias looks up at the mention of 'things in the sea' and seems to be thinking hard. "Thank you, Brook, we appreciate your honesty. Not that it makes much sense." He grins a little.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Elliot actually had his attention grab on something else, "What do you know of the missing woman?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

"Only that many of you are looking for her, and what the writer told you," she answers Elliott and shrugs.
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by MikeTheMoose »

Chad looked noticeably nervous and disturbed. His demeanor instantly changing from his forward confrontational stance to a nervous amicable one. He tries desperately to catch the eye of Elliot and Tobias and motion with his eyebrows over to the waitress. His forward approach had just put them in a corner. He raises his voice a little. "I apologize Miss Davies. My day has gone somewhat sour and I should have been a bit more understanding. Of course you are tourists. And out there all day with no money for food or drink. Oh it sounds like you've got just a touch of hysteria. Missing woman? I'm sure our friend is fine having a good time on holiday and we just missed her. Maybe if we abridged our little party to someplace a little more PRIVATE" Shooting glances to Tobias, Elliot, and last to Brook "...where Miss Davies could lie down, get some cool water, let the vapors pass, and stop talking nonsense. We can have a nice chat about our little holiday here in Dunwich? What do you say Tobias...Elliot? What do you say Miss Davies? Feel like you could lie down a spell?"

Edited for accuracy with revised thread
Last edited by MikeTheMoose on Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook raises her eyebrows quizzially, then looks from Chad to Story. "This is 1985 and not 1885, right?" She looks back to Chad. "I'm sure we can go somewhere more private, but I'm no dainty damsel in distress."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

"If you'd rather talk somewhere more private that's fine with us I'm sure," says Elizabeth. "Maybe you could tell us more about yourselves then too. I'm Elizabeth Young by the way. Nice to meet you."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Chad Engraham,I messed up earlier. It's the waitress who has the strange features, not the bartender. I edited the spoiler button above.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story quite surprised in his young companions boldness smiles at her when she looks his way and then agrees with Elizabeth, "Yes, some place quiet and private would do us well..." Lowing his voice he continues, "Otherwise we just might end up as crab bait."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius, who had remained quite silent for the while, allowed the banter to go back and forth before offering quietly so as not to invite eavesdroppers from passers-by or nearby tables, "I am Lucius Verras. Also a tourist as with my companions. However... I am not so inclined to tap-dance around the issues. We never end up some place ... nice. You can bet your bottom dollar that something nasty is going to show its ugly face around here, or pretty much anywhere we show up. It's the nature of the beast... our ... transport. I can't pretend to know what we face here... I just know that it will be dangerous, and will probably have something to do with something best left forgotten in the recesses of the mind once it's all done and over with. I have picked up in our earlier encounters with you all that you are likewise here to ... let's say, troubleshoot. Seeing as how we don't know who is friendly around here aside from you lot, I suggest we follow Elizabeth's suggestion."
ooc,It may be obvious with a psychology roll that Lucius has experienced some terrors in the past and has recently undergone therapy, I would suggest. But of course, that's up to Mr. Handy.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"So, let me get this straight: you ladies are happy to be just travelling through like tourists. And the gents are expecting to be eaten alive at any minute by some 'living horror'." Tobias looks perplexed. "Too right we need to get somewhere more private; you guys just aren't making sense. Wouldn't it look odd us all piling into one bedroom? I'd suggest back down to the beach again but it isn't comfortable."
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

"The beach is fine, unless more fish monsters emerge." Brook shrugs. "But a room will do fine as well, we don't need to go all at once."
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by MikeTheMoose »

OOC,Attendance check. Who all is at the table with us right now. :?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Anyone may roll Psychology to pick up on the fact that [b]Lucius[/b] is a bit disturbed. There are currently nine of you there: [b]Story[/b], [b]Elizabeth[/b], [b]Lucius[/b], [b]Brook[/b], [b]Chad[/b], [b]Raymond[/b], [b]Tobias[/b], [b]Elliot[/b], and [b]Valerie[/b].
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias doesn't notice anything unusual about Lucius. "let's go to the beach then. It was of some interest earlier and who knows what the tide will bring in." It is hard to tell if Tobias is being literal or metaphorical. "I'll sign the tab." He gets up and goes to the bar before returning. "Done. We can go whenever you've finished your drinks."
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by MikeTheMoose »

roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4244550/]psychology fail[/url]
Chad's ability to read people ranked only slightly above his ability to read Ancient Greek. He notices nothing odd about Lucius' behavior. As Chad stands he leans over to Elliot and whispers in his ear.
Whisper to Elliot,"You want a lead, one's in the room with us. The waitress has [i]THE CONDITION[/i]I want to get these blabber mouth civilians out of here before they put us in danger. You're the sly one you might be able to find out something if we can give you a little room. Then again if we've been made it could be dangerous to remain alone.
Chad slugs the remainder of his beer looks up and says "I'm ready."
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook finishes her tea and stands up. "Me to."

Return to “Episode 2”