IC-Ep 2-Return to the Inn(Chad/Ray/Tobias/Elliot/Valerie)

The TARDIS goes missing, dragged into the sea by something inhuman. During their investigations, Story and his companions join up with the team from UNIT. Leonek and Salem make a horrifying discovery.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-Return to the Inn(Chad/Ray/Tobias/Elliot/Valerie

Post by BenTheRat »

"You're in room 104, great. Then we don't have to break in. As soon as we can I'd like to search it. I just hope she left us some clue." Elliot stopped and took a gulp from his pint of local brewed stout, then in a more hushed tone, "If you can get the doctor out of his house, I can take a look around there tonight propbably also."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Shroudeye
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Shroudeye »

Raymond just nodded to everyone trying to talk all at once and during this mass gathering of speaking persons, he managed to get the bartenders attention again and placed Chad's request. "Good ideas all. I have yet to check into my room so I shall do so when you want to poke around 104 and join you if you like. I do also need to get in touch with our people and place an equipment drop. Chad if you want, please give me your lists. Now as far as the nocturnal tourism idea, separating the doctor from his home may be far more difficult. This is why I wanted to commence with a stake-out of sorts before taking further clandestine actions. We are after all guests here and do not want to be part of the story."
Dominic Pius, The Last Express

Raymond MacIntyre, The Shadow Over Dunwich

Daedalus Wickliff, The Aquitania

I don't want to see another cop or cookie in my life. I don't know which one makes me sicker
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"No offense, but I could care less whose story gets trampled on here. We aren't here to observe and take notes. We are here to find one of our own thats gone missing, possibly from foul play. So if that means getting our hands a bit messy to do that, then so be it. We've been tip-toeing around town here for too long already in my opinion. I say we line everyone up and start shooting people till someone starts talking." Elliot takes a look around to guage the reaction to his shock statement to see if it is getting the reaction he wants. "Someone around here knows something. Her door is smashed in, and I know she didn't go down without a fight, or a plan or something. There had to have been several of them, that means witnesses. One person doesn't pull this off. We need to start finding out soon before its too late."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

The bartender kept the drinks flowing as long as the money did the same.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Tobias keeps his face blank at Elliot's statement but he nods imperceptibly. "I've got a short list of equipment to replace as well but, even if we call UNIT now, we wouldn't get it until at least tomorrow. We'd have to arrange a drop outside of the village for it too." He wonders how Raymond would react to his list. "Wouldn't the doctor leave his house to deal with a medical problem?"
ooc,What time is it?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,It's a little past 1:35 PM.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Shroudeye
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shroudeye »

Raymond was taken aback a little by the sudden violent suggestions that Elliot spoke about not-so-subtlety to all that was listening. he quickly pushed back the urge to react unprofessionally and instead turned his attention to what Tobias just said. "Brilliant plan man!" Raymond stated with a slap on the back to Tobias. "Can you play injured?" he asked as he raised his eyebrow quizzically.
Raymond Macintyre,Player: Shroudeye (formerly played by CrackheadC.) Name: Raymond MacIntyre Age: 28 Sex: Male Occupation: UNIT Technical Advisor Current Residence: UNIT HQ, London Colleges, Degrees: Oxford, Physics and Chem M.Sc. Birthplace: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA Home Era: 1985

I don't want to see another cop or cookie in my life. I don't know which one makes me sicker
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 11 years

Post by MikeTheMoose »

Chad looks at Elliot, sympathetic to his frustration."Elliot I'm anxios too but we've got no idea what or how many of what we are up against. We are down on gear and an extraction vehicle. The one thing we do have going for us is our cover, and right now all we have is suspicions. We're not even sure if we kick in someone's door what we are looking for. Or really whose door we should be kicking in. And once we do get belligerant had better score something really good because with our cover gone the opposition wil either attack, or retreat and disappear, neither one is good for Dr. Kirby. Whatever we do it mustn't blow our secrecy....yet"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Tobias[/b] was badly injured in the helicopter crash, so he wouldn't even have to fake it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias winces as Ray slaps him on the back and glares at him. "I don't reckon I need to 'play' anything, thank you very much." He says acerbically and flexes his shoulder. "I'll just add a re-opened shoulder wound to the list." He drinks his beer moodily and then relents, "I suppose I could have a relapse during the date; it'll be dark by then for reconnoitering and the doctor is more likely to come if Annie calls him out. 'Wounded Soldier' is always a good one with the girls anyhow."
Shroudeye
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shroudeye »

Ray's face lost all colour after he realized his terrible mistake. He sunk inside after he had hurt his assistant further, and felt horrible. "You would do this then?" he asked, not sure if Tobias was up to it since he showed signs of pain, some of which he had caused. "Only if you feel up to it lad. I would not want to put you at further harm if you are still in bad shape." Ray then sighed and stared at Tobias. "Sorry about hurting you."

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Elliot takes another swig, "sorry about that outburst. You're right all we have going for us is our cover. But we could "observe" people all day long and get nothing out of that. I like this idea of calling the doc for Tobias and I'll have a quick look around his house and office."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias smiles weakly, "That's alright Ray, but I think I'll have to take it easy tonight and let Elliott do the snooping. I reckon a quiet date and an appointment with the doc will be more my line. I might take a nap though as it could be a long night."
Shroudeye
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shroudeye »

Raymond nodded in approval and acceptance of the task ahead. He was also relieved that Elliot was calmer now thanks to a few well placed words by Chad. "Very well gentlemen, I shall make the call and arrange for some new equipment to be dropped and then we can pay the good Doctor a visit for a check-up on our dear friend Tobias once he has rested. I think we all need a little break and should check our rooms for anything out of place if you know what I mean" Ray then placed a few more bills on the bar for another round and walked off to find the callbox.
OOC,Going outside and heading toward the callbox
Raymond Macintyre,Player: Shroudeye (formerly played by CrackheadC.)[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/vivamort/9238515d-7f32-499e-a6f7-77099636633c_zpsa8ebb785.jpg~original[/img] Name: Raymond MacIntyre Age: 28 Sex: Male Occupation: UNIT Technical Advisor Current Residence: UNIT HQ, London Colleges, Degrees: Oxford, Physics and Chem M.Sc. Birthplace: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA Home Era: 1985

MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 11 years

Post by MikeTheMoose »

ooc,did I ever get a beer?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, I said in one of the posts above that the bartender was keeping the drinks flowing.
OOC,Everyone is moving to the thread linked below.
Joining Forces
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 2”