IC-Ep 2-More Visitors(Everyone else)

The TARDIS goes missing, dragged into the sea by something inhuman. During their investigations, Story and his companions join up with the team from UNIT. Leonek and Salem make a horrifying discovery.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: IC-Ep 2-More Visitors(Everyone else)

Post by yockenthwaite »

While Amelia is out of earshot, hopefully, Elizabeth whispers to Brook: "That man with the limp, he went through that door." As Amelia and Lucius approach them she smiles brightly, trying to look as though nothing untoward has happened.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Sorry about that! [b]Chad[/b] and [b]Raymond[/b] are standing among the exhibits, not far from [b]Elizabeth[/b] and [b]Brook[/b].
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Tobias carefully closes the door and tries the one on his left.
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook glances towards the door, then back at Elizabeth. "Hmmph.......something's up with them..." she says quietly.

(I'll be away from Aug. 1st to Aug. 12th, and will not be online much, if at all, during that time. Going on a larp from the 5th to the 10th, so no computer then.)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The door on the left proved to be locked.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 11 years

Post by MikeTheMoose »

Chad approaches Amelia: "Good hostess; I'm eager to continue our viewing of Dunwich history."

Edited for clarity.
Last edited by MikeTheMoose on Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias examines the lock briefly but there is no hope without his tools. He tries the last door.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Definitely," says Elizabeth quietly to Brook, keeping a watchful eye on Valerie and the others.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Elliot speaks up for the first time since coming into the museum. "You have a great museum here. We were just over at Virgil Soames house talking history. His version is, how can I put this, slightly different than what is shown here."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Tobias opened the door on the right, which led to a small office. There was a window on the office's left wall with the blinds closed, but some sunlight still trickled inside. A modest wooden desk sat at the back with a chair behind it, a typewriter and a telephone on the desk's surface. There was also a gray metal filing cabinet in one corner, as well as a wastebasket beside the desk. A coat rack stood near the office door, a purple woman's overcoat hanging from it.

Amelia smiled. "I deal in facts," she said. "Mr. Soames deals in...things that cannot be proven. Don't get me wrong, he's still fascinating to talk to, and he's a true gentleman. He's not the shady character some of the townsfolk make him out to be. He's certainly getting a lot of visitors today, which must make him happy. I was just giving these people a tour of our exhibits, and it's almost done. Feel free to join us, sir, or just look around."

She made her way to where the others waited. "Dunwich may have been reduced in size and influence, but it still had some significance. Even though it only had a handful of electors, it still had two seats in Parliament. It was a notorious rotten borough because of that. However, in 1832, the Reform Act was passed that eliminated those seats. And this brings us to the Victorian Age.

"During the nineteenth century, many artists and writers flocked to Dunwich, finding meaning in its sad past and wanting to capture it. This is a reproduction of a painting by J. W. Turner, showing what remained of All Saints Church on the cliffside, before it had all fallen into the sea." She pointed out a framed painting on the wall:

Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Elliot smiled, "Sorry, please continue," following behind the rest of the group.
Handy and Valerie,Was trying to figure out if she really had something in the museum more along the lines of Mr. Soames. Psych roll maybe?
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elliot Webb/Valerie Soames,Sure, go ahead and roll Psychology.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Elliot continues to follow the group listening intently thinking I sure hope Valerie reads this gal better than I do.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

OOC,I had Lucias walk Amelia away from the door thinking that perhaps Elizabeth would want to follow Tobias, but Argus not.
Lucias followed Amelia to the Victorian era exhibit.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

ImpInTraining wrote:
OOC,I had Lucias walk Amelia away from the door thinking that perhaps Elizabeth would want to follow Tobias, but Argus not.
OOC,Yes, she/I figured it would be too obvious to do that. I mean where would she have vanished to, apart from anything else. Her absence would have been noted, and wondered about.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias makes sure the window is open a fraction but looks locked at casual glance [*]. Just in case he needs to come back later after the museum is closed. He then scans the labels on the filing cabinet drawers for anything unusual.
[*]ooc,I just tried it on my windows which should be similar English Victorian sash design to those in the museum.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Valerie didn't know Amelia all that well yet, but she seemed decent and kind enough.

"At this point, Dunwich was on its way to becoming the tourist spot it is today," continued Amelia. "Quite a few people came to Dunwich on holiday for the day thanks to the advent of the railroads. Sadly, All Saints Church was finally lost to the sea starting shortly after the turn of the century, leaving only the St. James Church at the end of this street, which fortuitously was built well inland. During World War Two, the Army took over Dunwich. They reinforced it to help fend off the expected German invasion that thankfully never materialised, and they also built one of the early RDF stations here, today known as radar, as part of the Chain Home Low System. Along with several other similar stations, it was key to detecting incoming German aircraft in time for the RAF to scramble and fend them off, thus resulting in our victory in the Battle of Britain and ensuring that the invasion would not happen. After the war, in 1947, the Barne family sold off the village, mostly to its inhabitants at the time. Captain Josiah Lake bought their old manor house."
OOC,[b]Tobas[/b] is moving to the thread linked below.
Poking About
OOC,Everyone else is moving to the thread linked below.
Together Again
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 2”