IC-Ep 2-Beneath the Surface(Leonek/Salem)

The TARDIS goes missing, dragged into the sea by something inhuman. During their investigations, Story and his companions join up with the team from UNIT. Leonek and Salem make a horrifying discovery.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-Beneath the Surface(Leonek/Salem)

Post by DrPeterson »

He sighs resignedly:
All right, all right, just the boat thjen?

Leonek furrows his brow, not quite comprehending the figure of speech.

What cat?
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Salem replies, "satisfaction will bring it back". Returning back to Horsham, "Sorry about that, but I think we'll be fine with just the boat". Looking back at Leonek, "unless you're up for some fishing?"
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek utters a few uncomprehending syllables and then lets out another exasperated sigh. He would love to go fishing, but he can't relax before the find Dr Kirby, can he?

Just the boat then, the fishing will have to wait.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"All right," said Horsham, ringing up the rental on the old cash register. "You can pay your deposit and the fee for the first day now, and if you keep the boat longer than a day, I'll just take it out of the deposit and return the rest to you. That will be eighty-four quid, please." After he puts the payment away in the register, he continues. "You can choose any one of the smaller boats out front. Do you chaps want some fishing gear and bait, too?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"The fishing gear come at an extra cost?" As Salem exchanges quick glances with Leonek to see his reaction.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Horsham let out a dry raspy chuckle. "Of course you'll have to pay extra," he said. "I could hardly stay in business if I just give my stuff away."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"We will pay, no problem!"

Leonek pulls out his wallet and gladly contributes the necessary sum.

"Let's hit the open sea, yes?"

He seems anxious to get going, you can't really tell if it's the prospect of going fishing or of doing something to find Dr Kirby.
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Salem thought to himself that it may be a good idea to do some fishing. The samples of the fish may prove if these open seas are truly polluted, but it's an ocean and the prospect of it may prove unfruitful.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Horsham rang up the sale and provided Leonek with a rod and reel, as well as a small bucket full of live nightcrawlers that he got from behind the counter. "You chaps enjoy yourselves fishing," he said. "Come back any time."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Thank you, mjister!

Leonek smiled brightly, took his treasure outside and made for the boat.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Salem and Leonek carried their fishing supplies outside. The boats were upended out front, and a few of them were the smaller variety suitable for two people, all of which looked more or less the same.
OOC,[b]Leonek[/b] and [b]Salem[/b], please roll Spot HIdden.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek is extraordinarily sharp due to his enthusiasm to go fishing.
Success!,[url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4192339[/url]/
OOC: My on-board dice roller doesn't seem to be working in this thread. [dice]1d100[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I think the online dice roller has to be activated for each board in order for it to work on that board.
Leonek Novak,As [b]Leonek[/b] looked out to sea, he noticed some fishing boats off in the distance, scattered about. One small boat had a man inside fishing who looked to be in his fifties. He matched the description of [b]Zeke Baker[/b]. [b]Leonek[/b] could also see the drag marks beneath the surface of the water as they ran north and south, parallel to the coast. They continued south past the point where the beach ended and the cliffs rose.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

He made a mental note to mention the tracks to Salem when Horsham had left, for now he was happy to help get the boat ready and head out in the direction of where he'd seen Zeke Baker's boat.
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Salem remembered that he saw a man with Zeke Baker earlier today, but when he looked out to sea, he wasn't sure if he could see him still or not. Salem realized that he forgot to bring some liquor with him, to help loosen Mr. Baker's mind. Hopefully, Salem was hoping that Mr.Baker is still a little buzzed.

"Let's make our way towards Mr. Baker"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Salem Shields,[b]Salem[/b] could see the boat he had seen before, not too far from its earlier position. [b]Zeke Baker[/b] was inside it, fishing, but there was no sign of the other man. [b]Salem[/b] also saw the drag marks underwater now. They went a short distance to the south, to where the base of the cliffs stood beneath the sea. At that point he could make out an underwater cave opening, the waterline only a few feet above it. The marks led into it.
Salem and Leonek got into the boat and paddled out to sea. It didn't take them long to get within shouting distance of Zeke's boat.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"We should follows those tracks once we're done talking to that Zeke-character.", Leonek whispered as he prepared the fishing lines.

"If you do the talking, I'll pretend to be fishing."

Leonek cast out his lines, thoroughly enjoying the whooshing sound the line made as he threw it out to sea.
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Looking towards Mr. Zeke's direction, Salem belts out, "You got any decent drinks to share, kind stranger? My friend and I forgot to bring any to enjoy the nice weather! We'll owe you one back at the pub"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Zeke held up an empty bottle of scotch. "Sorry," he called, his voice slurring a little. "I done finished all mine."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Although casual conversation isn't Leonek's forte, he tries to chip in too.

How are the fish today? Are they biting? I am tying up nightcrawlers, myself.

Return to “Episode 2”