IC-Ep 2-On the Trail(Leonek/Tobias/Salem/Elliot/Valerie)

The TARDIS goes missing, dragged into the sea by something inhuman. During their investigations, Story and his companions join up with the team from UNIT. Leonek and Salem make a horrifying discovery.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mskatonic
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-On the Trail(Leonek/Tobias/Salem/Elliot/Valerie)

Post by Mskatonic »

Valerie looks at Tobias, "well young man, while I would have enjoyed a bit of diving in my youth, I don't think this old bag of bones could handle that nowadays. I think I'll leave that diving to you and stick to more academic pursuits. I still want to go to the museum today. We might find some information about this legend which would give us an idea of where Dr. Kirby was possibly diving." Valerie paused, "you don't suppose it would raise some red flags if I inquired about Dr Kirby at the inn? She was signed into the ledger. I just don't want to raise any suspicions if there is something foul amiss. However, sometimes the best route IS the most direct one."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Salem Shields,As [b]Salem[/b] looked out to sea, he noticed some fishing boats off in the distance, scattered about. One small boat had two men inside, and he recognized one of them as the man in his forties he had seen outside the museum when he had first arrived in Dunwich. The other man, the woman, and the teenage girl who had been with him were in the museum now. The other man in the boat looked to be in his fifties, and he was the one doing the fishing. He also had a bottle of whiskey. [b]Salem[/b] could also see the drag marks beneath the surface of the water as they continued beyond the shoreline. They did not go out far. After about ten yards, they made an abrupt right turn and continued south, parallel to the coast, where they kept going as far as he could see. He was confident he'd be able to see where they went if he followed along on the beach.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Tobias shrugs. "Leonek and I are supposedly on holiday. I think a visit to the museum which fuels a hankering to explore the sunken ruins around here should be perfectly reasonable. I'm a crazy Yank, remember. So lets go to the museum first. Then I'll start to inquire about diving; it may lead to some insight into Dr. Kirby's last movements. You can try at the inn but they are pretty tight-lipped there. There's a local handyman here with the same disfigurations we saw in the slideshow. I couldn't get any information about him but keep a look out. He's an ugly sod." He grimaces, remembering. "If you do inquire about Kirby, we'd better split up now; me asking about diving and then you the doctor would seem very suspicious if the locals compare notes." He notices Salem gazing out to sea. "What's up Salem?"
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek claps his hands together and looks back towards the town.

"Let's go to the museum, then!
Mrs Soames, I wouldn't ask around about Dr Kirby too much, we already did and it might link you too directly to us. I wouldn't want to expose you to the same danger the doctor is probably in.
"

With that, he starts heading back to Dunwich.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias nods, glad to be doing something, he catches up with Leonek and walks with him.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I need to wait for [b]Salem[/b] to respond before I move things along. What he has to say may alter your plans.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mskatonic
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Mskatonic »

Valerie nods to Leonek. "Good point. I'm not sure who we can trust here in town, and certainly don't want to make any enemies my first day here."
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

For a few moments, Salem remained idle to his own thoughts as the group's discussion flew over his head. "One of our lead who may know where Dr. Kirby is, is actually out at sea in that small fishing boat, I think it may be Zeke Baker," as Salem points toward the small boat at sea. Lowering his arm, Salem resumes studying the tracks in the sand and steadies the camera to take a picture.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias stops walking off. "Who the hell is Zeke Baker? And what's he doing out there?" He shades his eyes and looks out to sea.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Zeke? What an awkward name, it is more like something out of that Deliverance movie...

Leonek looks out to sea as well.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mskatonic
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Mskatonic »

Valerie looks out to see at where Salem is pointing. "Hmm well I suppose we should talk to him and see if he can tell us anything, before running off on a wild goose chase. Where do you suppose he'll land that boat? Should we try to flag him down?"
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias scans the beach. "He may not be able to land here, can we catch him when he moors up? I wonder what he is doing out there now, is he a fisherman?" He shakes his head irritably; the headaches are coming back. "Let's get off this beach and head to the museum or the harbour. You finished with the pictures Salem?"
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Salem looks up at Tobias and nods approvingly. "I think I'll look around to see if there's a harbour close by and follow our lead. I'm afraid there's not much to say who our lead Zeke Baker is, but he's the last known person to be in contact with Dr. Kirby. You can go to the museum if you like and meet up with Chad and Raymond."
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Mskatonic
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Mskatonic »

"I would like to see the museum." Valerie says, " I do not think it would be wise for all of us to go talk with this lead. Might raise suspicions. However I think you should take someone with you,Salem. We don't know this Zeke person and what he might possibly have to do with Dr. Kirby's disappearance. Better safe than sorry, I say."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Salem took a picture of the distant fishing boat, though there was no telling how well it would come out when the film was developed. The people in the boat were far away, so there might not be much detail.

"Yes, that's a good idea," said Leonek, nodding. "None of us should go anywhere alone. I'll go with you if you like, sir."
Salem Shields,[b]Salem[/b] did remember [b]Amelia[/b] saying that Dunwich no longer has a harbor, as it has been underwater for centuries. She had also mentioned that someone named [b]Horsham[/b] had a place on the beach to the south where he rented boats and diving equipment. That was the same direction in which he could see the drag marks extending underwater.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Just watch out for people pushing you off the harbour wall!" Tobias grins dryly at Leonek. "Well Madame, let's hit the museum." He says to Valerie, he nods to Salem and starts walking up the beach towards the town.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Leonek followed Salem south along the beach while the others walked back to town and quickly found the museum, just a few doors past the Ship Inn on the main street.
OOC,[b]Leonek[/b] and [b]Salem[/b] are moving to the thread linked below.
Beneath the Surface
OOC,[b]Tobias[/b], [b]Elliot[/b], and [b]Valerie[/b] are moving to the thread linked below.
More Visitors
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 2”