IC-Ep 2-Tourists(Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook/Chad/Raymond/Salem)

The TARDIS goes missing, dragged into the sea by something inhuman. During their investigations, Story and his companions join up with the team from UNIT. Leonek and Salem make a horrifying discovery.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-Tourists(Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook/Chad/Raymond/Sal

Post by ImpInTraining »

The Roman looks a little confused when Italian is thrown into the mix. "Latin," Lucius corrected. "Latin is my language."
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"Stamus contra malum", hoping that Lucius would catch on to his subtle statement instead of a direct overture that seemed to upset Raymond. Salem gave pause to see Lucius caught his intention, he continued "you're pulling our leg to say Latin is your language!"

Salem recited a rhyme he remembered when he struggled learning Latin back in medical school.

"Latin is a language,
Dead as Dead Can Be,
First it Killed the Romans,
Now It's Killing Me."

Salem entertaining with the idea of Lucius wearing a Centurion helmet with the symbolic mohawk crest.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years

Post by CrackheadC. »

Raymond chuckled after Salem says Stamus contra malum, "Hah! That is one way to put what we do." His smile fades slightly, "Well, you've given us the third degree, care to tell us what brings you to Dunwich?"
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

"We're chance visitors," says Elizabeth. "And liking the place, and wanting to know more about it. Hence we're here at the museum."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius nodded to the gentlemen and their statement, "I guess you could say it is the same for us." He looked at Brook and asked, "What does he mean Latin is a dead language?"

In response to their question, the Roman answered "Waiting for the Something Bad to happen," mostly to himself. "Something bad always happens shortly after we arrive."
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook looks at Lucius and shrugs. "Latin's just not the talk of the town anymore, Lucius. Not unless you're a Catholic priest or a doctor, I guess. Not necessarily a catholic doctor. Just a regular one."

When he mumbles about the big bad happening, she frowns a little. Something already had.
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

"Sounds like you have a bit of Murphy's Law luck too. We've had our number of run-ins with it already so far." Raymond gives Chad and Salem a look with a slight grin before lowering his voice to a whisper for them and the newcomers to hear, "Listen guys you seem fairly on the up and up, if not being a strange sort. I have a bit of a proposition. We're here from a lab because one of our friends, and a top researcher, went missing here. She was investigating any environmental causes of a disease a recent... person of interest developed before he tragically ended his life." Raymond plows through not bothered by the contents of his discussion, "The disease made the man almost amphibious looking. Our friend was sent to Dunwich to look into it as reports stated it developed in the man after his visit here. However, our friend has stopped reporting in under rather suspicious circumstances if I say so myself, so we came to look for her."

Raymond
continues, "We arrived just today and we have seen people in town who have very similar disfigurements as well. My main concern is that we are just scientists and security, I have a feeling it will be quite difficult to find anyone in a small town that doesn't want the person found." He glances at Chad and Salem before finishing, "What I'm saying is, a few friendly extra eyes wouldn't hurt. And maybe if you help us," he looks at Lucius, "when your something bad comes along, we might be able to help. Quid pro quo, you understand?"
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by SSior.27 »

Chad chuckles and smiles a little nervously at the mention of his piloting error, but at least he is able to laugh about it now... was that a bad thing? He runs his fingers subconsciously down the deep scars on his face, not necessarily trying to hide them (he'd long since gotten over the embarrassment for the deep mars on his flesh) and listens with no small amount of incredulity as Raymond goes into detail about their task at hand. But when the offer is made at the end, he nods and looks for a reply from the group.

Something bad always happens? Really? Always?
Seeing Eihort - 1d6/1d20 Sanity Loss
Seeing Cthulhu - 1d10/1d100 Sanity Loss
Seeing 'Twilight' - Automatic Permanent Insanity
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"I think we'd be happy to help," says Elizabeth, looking to the others. "Yes? As I said we're chance visitors here, but we've noticed some very strange things since we arrived. And we are a little bit stuck here at the moment. Anything we could do to find out what is going on might help us as well."
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook nods. "Yeah, I can think of better times to get stuck in. I mean stuck. Amphibious means some kind of water animal, right? Like frogs or fish? Or giant sea monsters that can haul things into the ocean?"
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by SSior.27 »

"Well, fish aren't amphibians, but... wait... did you say 'giant sea monsters'??" Chad is taken aback by the inclusion of this option.
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

"Well, we haven't seen any, but I wouldn't be surprised." Brook shrugs.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius nodded, "Probably living in the sunken city off the coast. We will help you. They took something of ours anyway, we aim to get it back."
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

"You didn't see potentially non-existent monsters, but they took something of yours that you want back? What did they take and how do you know?" Raymond asks, "It could just as easily be some villagers looking to make a buck off of visitors."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"It's not easy to explain, but it, our transport mechanism, was dragged into the sea," says Elizabeth. "We left it parked on the beach. When we came back it was gone and there were grooves in the sand showing it had been dragged into the sea. It would have been far too heavy for villagers to move easily, even with a vehicle to drag it. And Lucius did see strange things in the sea."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius explains further, "I saw their footprints, more like webbed-claws. Definitely not human, but at least as large as one - walking upright."
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by SSior.27 »

Chad, slightly unnerved by all this talk, does the sensible thing and makes sure the museum curator is not listening to this rather strange conversation...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Amelia's wide eyes showed that she could indeed hear what they were saying.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by SSior.27 »

Noticing this, "Perhaps we should move this conversation elsewhere?" Chad tries to lead the group elsewhere. To Brook and Elizabeth, he adds conversationally, "Fancy a tea?"
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

"Perhaps we should take a quick tour of the museum first, now that we're here?" Brook looks to her friends. The museum wasn't her first choice, but sometimes when strange things occurred, it was good to do a little research of the place. "We could meet up for tea afterwards, at the Inn, for instance."

Return to “Episode 2”