IC-Ep 2-Tourists(Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook/Chad/Raymond/Salem)

The TARDIS goes missing, dragged into the sea by something inhuman. During their investigations, Story and his companions join up with the team from UNIT. Leonek and Salem make a horrifying discovery.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-Tourists(Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook/Chad/Raymond/Sal

Post by Thorn »

Brook shakes her head. "No. The old lady was asking about her to. The writer guy thought maybe she'd gone diving. But there's quite big fish in the water around here. I hope she's allright." The teenage girl shrugs a little, with look to her friends.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Brook Davies,[spoiler]I rolled Psychology for you on Dark and Moody and got a 5, a critical success.[/spoiler] [b]Brook[/b] got the sense that these three men were being secretive, as though they had something to hide. She could tell this because she herself had some of the same mannerisms, as she had her own secrets. They were acting kind of like secret agents whose cover was in danger of being blown. The one who was speaking to [b]Lucius[/b] seemed to recognize him, as well as [b]Brook[/b] and [b]Elizabeth[/b]. He also seemed as suspicious of the three of them as [b]Lucius[/b] was of the strangers.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years

Post by CrackheadC. »

"Diving? What for?" Raymond gave a small laugh at the big fish comment, "I'm sure the fish aren't big enough to keep her down there for days. It's been some time since we heard from her." He turned his attention towards Ms. Cressy, "Is there some place in town that our friend could have gotten diving equipment, for rent or otherwise? I don't think she brought her own with her."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

OOC Psychology passed,rolled 38 (stat 41) with real die!
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

"Looked big enough to me," Brook says, looking at them with rising suspiscion. She looks to Elisabeth, and moves closer to her, leaning in to whisper in her hear:"There's definitely something fishy about them...."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius looked over his shoulder at the museum curator and guided the men away from her as he spoke more softly, "I can tell you three aren't locals. Be careful of them. Something is not right in this town, and I suspect we are all in danger if we overstay our welcome or ask too many questions. There is something unusual in the waters here, something not fish nor human... something that can walk out of the water and haul away something very heavy. We haven't seen it yet, but we've seen evidence of it." He straightened and smiled saying a little louder now, "Perhaps we should meet up again later and compare notes on what we find about the history of this fair town? It is rather fascinating."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Why, yes," said Amelia to Raymond. "There's a chap name of Horsham a bit south of here, on the beach. He rents boats and diving equipment. There aren't any actual docks in Dunwich, not any more. When it was a major city, it had a harbor that saw a lot of traffic, but that harbor is under water now. The local fishermen just take their boats to the beach and launch them."
Elizabeth Young,[b]Elizabeth[/b] got the sense that these three men were being secretive, as though they had something to hide. She could tell this because she had some of the same mannerisms, as she had her own secrets.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

OOC,Sorry for not writing much, [b]Mr. Handy[/b] do you mind rolling a Psychology roll (75%) for me if the chance is still open. Thanks!
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Yes I agree," whispers Elizabeth to Brook. She nods her head towards their companion. "Well we'll see how they respond to Lucius. Looks as though he is trying to break the ice."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I rolled for [b]Salem[/b] on Dark and Moody, but he failed with an 84.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

"Thanks Ms. Cressy, We'll have to talk to Horsham later." Raymond says, and turns to Lucius to respond. "That's uh..." He pauses for a few moments to collect his thoughts. "Yeah, we aren't locals. That's strange - giant walking fish? I find it hard to believe... but I suppose that isn't the only strange thing about this town."

He shifts on his feet, "I wouldn't mind comparing notes later - we have to run down a few more things today, but I wouldn't mind meeting up with you all later to see what you know about the town - any bit helps. Thank you, Mister.... Verras? Where were you all from?"
Mr Handy,Any relevant rolls I can make to recognize the sort of fish creature he is talking about?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Raymond MacIntyre,You've never heard of anything like that, apart from the Creature from the Black Lagoon, which is just a movie.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Rome," Lucius responded... "originally at any rate, before I was invited into grand adventure with my friends here." Lucius looked to the girls and asked, "Is there anything else you'd like to discuss with these nice gentlemen?"
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook looks at the men, shrugging a little. "I'm from London. How 'bout you guys? MI6?"
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth grins at Brook's comment. "Yes what's your interest in Dunwich? History, tourism or something more intriguing? And, as you can probably tell, I'm Scottish." She smiles.
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

Raymond laughed, "MI6? Hah no, nothing quite so dramatic. I'm just a scientist - looking into what I hope is a localized anomaly." He awkwardly extends his hand to greet the two women. "A Roman, a Scot, and a Londoner walk into a museum... sounds like the set-up to a bad joke." He smiles, "I'm from the States myself, but I've lived in Oxford and London for the latter part of my life. I do miss it though, the wide open expanses, the untouched nature, and the people using whatever ingenuity they have and their own two hands to strike out or work the land. England, and even big cities in the States just never had the same feel to me."

He nods to Lucius, "I have to say, your English is quite good for being from Italy, but then again I suppose it would have to be if you're traveling so much that you end up in backwater cities like this..." He gives an apologetic look to Ms. Cressy, "No offense meant, ma'am."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"My what?" Lucius asked.
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

"Your English. I mean to say you understand English really well." Raymond looks confused and embarrassed for a moment. "Oh... You only said you were from Rome, that doesn't mean you haven't lived anywhere else. I just assumed that Italian would be your first language."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"None taken," said Amelia. "I of all people know that Dunwich's best days are behind it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

"A scientist. And you're all looking for a Valerie. Who was also a scientist? Or something like that? The little old lady was no scientist. She said she was looking for relatives of her late husband. And yet, she was looking for Valerie to..." Brook muses.

Return to “Episode 2”