The Blackstone Hotel, Keswick (All Except Jonesy)

Moderator: Abdul Alhazred

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: The Blackstone Hotel, Keswick (All Except Jonesy)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"I´ll accompany you ladies, of course." Laws smiles and decapitates an egg with a spoon.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Abdul Alhazred
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

For Pedro Only,Through the babble of conversation you can hear the radio. The talk is of the Italian invasion of Abyssinia and the actions of the League of Nations. Although the signal fades occasionally, you can hear the news pretty well.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

"Smashing," beams Rosa. "I just know that if we all work together, we'll soon get to the bottom of this unpleasant business."
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

"I say, the quality of the BBC keeps decreasing, doesn't it? What rotten luck!", Exeter finishes his second coffee and lights another cigarette.

"Top of the morning to you, Doctor Laws, I trust you slept well? I had the most dashing dream about ritual sacrifice and all that hocus pocus! Must be last night's consternation!"
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

"Do you really think so, Lord Exeter?" replies Rosa. "I thought the feature on the ''Opping 'Olidays' was very interesting."
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"Oh very droll, Rosy! Don't tell me you're into that bucolic idolisation shmarmy marmy! Honestly, the state of public broadcasting these days!"

Exeter crushes his cigarette in the ashtray and takes another sip from his coffee.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

"It's Ros-ah," replies Rosa tartly. "Please do me the pleasure of getting my name right." There is a moment's awkward silence, then she gets up and moves over to the sideboard. She studies the dials on the wireless set and then turns the tuning knob to try to get a signal.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Exeter seems to blithely ignored Rosa's comment and rants on.

Oh yes, I remember when my brother Perry was reading archaeology at Oxford, you could at least tune in to a decent concerto. These days all you have to look out to if the shipping forecast.
Abdul Alhazred
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Despite her best attempts, Rosa struggles to tune the radio to any station. As she tries, the salesman gets up from his table and walks over to join her.

"I say, do you mind tuning back to the news, I'd just like to hear the end of that piece on Czechoslokakia?"
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

"Oh I do apologise," says Rosa. "I don't seem to have had any luck. Please do tune it back to the programme you were listening to."

She stands to one side to allow the salesman to re-tune the radio, a kernel of suspicion growing in her mind.
Abdul Alhazred
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

The salesman smiles politely and steps up to the set. Adjusting the dial he aligns it with the 'BBC' marker on the display and spends a couple of seconds fine tuning it. He steps back beaming. "There you go. Thanks very much, awfully kind of you, and there's only a couple of minutes left. Feel free to tune it to whatever you want when the programme finishes".
All characters in the dining room except Pedro,Strange - it's still the case that all you can hear is static. Must be something wrong with this chap...
For Pedro only,You hear the BBC news, currently an item about India.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

"How very odd," says Rosa returning to her seat. "He seems to be happy with the tuning but I can't hear anything but static." She looks around the room, trying to gauge if anyone else is having problems with the wireless.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

Helen looks up at Rosa's question and looks around the room. She shrugs her shoulders and makes a face, then says in a whisper loud enough to carry to the entire room, "What else would one expect from this centre of inbred country oafs. Don't you agree Exy dahling? Perhaps that strange noise is Czechoslovakian or some other ridiculous foreign lingo."

She turns her head and smiles at Pedro, "What do you think?"
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

To Exeter, Laws says. "Not a wink, old chap."

A bit later at the radio, he says. "Soon, we'll see the Lady in white, right?" He steps away from the malfunctioning apparatus and pulls Rosa by the elbow. "We off to the photographers yet?"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

"Once we've finished breakfast, Dr Laws," replies Rosa. She glances out of the window to see if the weather has changed. "I think I'll be needing my coat and headscarf as well."
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Helen also glances out the window and sighs,
Helen thinking:   no change still bloody awful  
Looking at her empty coffee cup she addresses the company at the table, "Well, that's breakfast done. So if you're ready Rosa dear, shall we be off? Who knows we may even find an establishment that provides decent coffee"

Once more she briefly glances out the window to the gloomy rain swept streets of Keswick. "However" she adds, again in that loud whisper, "I somehow doubt it"
- Anais Nin
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Yes, well, it's bally obvious it' not Czechoslovakian, is it, Hels? If you'll pardon the expression and all. This whole situation is highly unusual!

Exeter seems to ruffle his feathers and peers out of the window from his chair.

"What an idea to travel North, Pepe old boy, we should have gone to the Guernsey!"
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Helen bridles at the misuse of her name by the obnoxious Count, but lets it pass.
"Yes Exy dahling, I'm sure you would have been much better suited to Guernsey. Still you toddle off to the library I feel certain that you will find something to interest you there, a Beatrix Potter perhaps?"
- Anais Nin
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Finishing her breakfast, Rosa says, "Shall we go and grab our things and meet back at the reception in ten minutes?"
Fabio Silva
Layman
Layman

Post by Fabio Silva »

Pedro seems distracted with something he hears.

— Excuse me ladies, I was hearing something that caught my attention.You want to go now? Would you want a vehicle to get around in the rain? I can give you a ride.
For Abdul Alhazred,I can spend a point of credit rating for owning a car or buy one?

Return to “The Game”