The Blackstone Hotel, Keswick (All Except Jonesy)

Moderator: Abdul Alhazred

Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Re: The Blackstone Hotel, Keswick (All Except Jonesy)

Post by Philulhu »

"It's only a bit of rain and it probably isn't far," says Rosa briskly. "A stout pair of boots and an umbrella to keep the rain away and we'll be fine, won't we Helen?"
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

"Absolutely dear", says Helen aghast at the idea of being driven around by someone unused to British roads. "Give me a moment to grab my things and I'm ready"

With that Helen rushes from the table to reapear mi=oments later with a cream coloured raincoat, a headscarf, and a pair of wellington boots. Her Mother had told her to be prepared for the worst, and she had duly come prepared.
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

"Gosh, that was quick!" says Rosa herself only halfway upstairs as Helen reappears. "Just give me a mo'..."

Five minutes later, Rosa's back downstairs, dressed for the elements with her headscarf tied firmly in place and an umbrella rolled up under her arm. "Ready when you are," she smiles and holds open the door for Helen.
Last edited by Philulhu on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

"Thank you my dear. I like to be well organised and have everything easily to hand" As she goes through the door Helen casualy scans the room to see if his lordship was still holding court and if the doctor was coming.
"I find it also pays to travel light with a minimum of baggage" as she utters the word 'baggage' she allows her eyes to settle on Exeter.
- Anais Nin
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Exeter just about finishes his last breakfast cigarette, seemingly oblivious to any comments, and calls out to the waitress.

"I say, love, would you be a sport and arrange us a taxi to the library?"
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

"Are you joining us, Dr. Laws?" calls Rosa from the doorway.
Abdul Alhazred
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

The waitress looks across the dining room to Viscount Exeter and says "Certainly sir, although it is only a few minutes walk?" Well used to the pecadillos of some of the hotel's guests she doesn't wait for a reply before walking out to reception and asking them to arrange a taxi.

Returning to the dining room she lets Exeter know the taxi is on its way and will be outside shortly.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"Ah, excellent! I'll get my coat!"

Exeter gets up, brushes off his trousers and heads upstairs to get his coat and then goes to await his taxi.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Abdul Alhazred
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

After a few minutes the taxi trundles up outside the main entrance to the hotel. The driver, a man in his late 30's with deep scarring visible on one side of his face, winds down his window and calls out "Taxi for Viscount Exeter?"
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Splendid! Happy hunting and toodles!

Exeter opens his umbrella and calls out to Pedro.

"Come along, Pepe, you've bored these ladies enough already, you old scoundrel you!"

Exeter then proceeds to get into the cab.

"What ho, old boy! To the library and it would be mighty nice if you conjured up some sun on the way as well!"
Fabio Silva
Layman
Layman

Post by Fabio Silva »

— Come on! I'm coming after you!

Pedro says going toward the taxi. Inside the vehicle he cleans the water that wet his clothes. He feels younger when facing a mystery!
Abdul Alhazred
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Turning his head to face the two gents sitting in the back of the taxi, the driver replies "Don't s'pose that sun will be back till the spring now sir. The library is it? Just a couple of minutes then. Just the two of you?"
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Exeter nods and takes out another cigarette.

"Yes, man, just Pepe and me! Take us away!"
Abdul Alhazred
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

The taxi pulls away and makes it's way through the wet, increasingly cold streets of Keswick. In what seems like no time at all the taxi slows, and the driver calls back "Here were are Sirs."

Looking out of the window Exeter and Pedro both spot walking along the street the dishevelled looking man they saw in the bar of the Blackstone Hotel last night. He looks even more unkempt, and decidedly wet, this morning.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Dr. Laws appeared not to have heard. "Oh, I'm sure he'll catch us up," says Rosa after a few moments, telling the waitress to ask him to join them when he could. Moving out from under the canopy over, she holds her hand out to check for rain, then puts up her umbrella.

"Shall we go?" she smiles at Helen.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

"Lead on dear" replies Helen, putting on a show of bon-homie as encouragement for the younger woman. "No doubt the good doctor will follow when he's finished stuffing his face with sausages and bacon".

She watches as the taxi pulls away from the kerb its destination the library a few yards up the street.
Helen thinking:   Ahh how the rich live  
- Anais Nin
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"Ah, excellent! Top show, old bean!"

Exeter hands the man the appropriate fee and gets out under cover of his umbrella.

"I say, Peders, look there! It's that horrible creature from the other night! He looks even more dishevelled now! How wonderfully disgusting!"

Exeter doesn't pay the poor man any more attention and heads into the library.
Fabio Silva
Layman
Layman

Post by Fabio Silva »

Pedro exits the vehicle striding toward the library. He notes the odd man and has difficulty recognizing him. After a while he remembers and just nods his hand while fleeing from the rain and say:

— Good day. I hope things are better today.
bzr101
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by bzr101 »

(bzr101 playing as Jonesy)

Jonesy looks up at Pedro, nods his head in a small bowing gesture and states, G'day to you Sir! I'm doin well, but can always do with a job and some food. The weathers a bit better'n yesterday, but can always get better. Where you gents off to this morn'in?
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

"Do you want to share my umbrella?" Rosa asked Helen as they walked down the street in search of the photographers. "I'm surprised you didn't bring one - the weather's always a bit iffy up here."

Return to “The Game”