Moderator: Abdul Alhazred

Abdul Alhazred
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Posting Conventions

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Game Mood

Please be aware that this really is a very purist scenario – the characters are in for a rough ride! The fun of course will be in your roleplaying and storytelling skills, so please put as much into your posts as you can.

Rules

I'll explain any rules issues OOC whenever it's needed as the scenario develops. This should be pretty light touch though because of the nature of the scenario.

Die Roller

Please use Invisible Castle for your die rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/

Posting

I'll find it very helpful if everyone can follow these guidelines when they post:

Descriptive text can just be the default black
A character's thoughts should be italicized and in green - color=#008000
Something a character says will be blue - color=#0040FF
And anything OOC in an IC thread should be red - color=#FF4000

Character names should be posted in bold so as to differentiate them from the rest of the post, and it would be great if you put your own character name at the beginning of your posts.

Questions to the Keeper and notification of points spending should be in the form of ‘spoilers’. (See the forum FAQs for how to post them.)

Character Sheet Maintenance

Don't worry about updating your character sheet when you lose sanity or stability points, spend ability points, etc. I'll handle the bookkeeping.

Finally, if you have any questions about the rules, posting, etc then use this thread to pose them and I'll answer ASAP.
bzr101
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Re: Posting Conventions

Post by bzr101 »

Abdul, how should I use the Invisible Castle site for rolls (e.g. Campaign name etc.) and how should I post the results of a dice roll?
Die Roller
Please use Invisible Castle for your die rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/
Abdul Alhazred
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

No problems, I must confess I've not used it previously but it seems to be very popular here.

Firstl, please sign up at Invisible Castle.

Then for any dice rolling required, go here: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/.

Input your Character name and TDITB for Campaign Name. Generally the number of rolls is always 1 and then in Dice you put 1d6. Then hit submit. On the next page, highlight and copy the BBCODE part and post that in your post here as a spoiler.

That's it! :)
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

FYI.
Invisible Castle can be a pig to sign up for, many people seem to have problems.
Some GMs get around this by just having the players not sign up simply put the characters name in the box and what dice to be rolled in the Dice area for example 1d100.
Once the dice are rolled it will generate a roll. which can then be copied and pasted here 1d100 → [59] = (59)
Then the Link can be copied and posted here http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4253392/
As long as the player records what the roll was for ie: Sanity Roll 60% it should go okay.

Most members here put it in their posts so, Sanity Roll 60% 1d100 → [59] = (59) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4253392/
By highlighting the text and hitting the 'spoiler' button it appears,
Spoiler:
Sanity Roll 60% 1d100 → [59] = (59) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4253392/
There are other, complicated ways of doing it, but for me this genarally suffices.

Sorry to butt in, I hope it helps :)
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Abdul Alhazred
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Thanks Priest, sounds fine to me.

To be honest, if it becomes a problem I'm even happy to take a players word for their die rolls, although it's probably the done thing to use something like Invisible Castle.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Or you could always ask Carnage_Lee to activate this forum's dice roller, that way you can use the [dice]1d100[/dice] to generate a dice roll for you.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Abdul Alhazred
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Can it generate D6 rolls? That's all that's needed for Trail of Cthulhu.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Yes, by using the code
[dice]xd6[/dice]
x being the number of dice you want to roll. ;)
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I´ll check the dice roller....
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

[dice]3d6[/dice]

Checking 3d6
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

[dice]3D6[/dice]
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

There was an issue with the latest update and the doce roller. Apparently it´s not working.
TVblog

Abdul Alhazred
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Thanks for checking. I also experienced problems.

We'll be needing a few rolls soon, so hopefully people will be okay using Invisible Castle?
bzr101
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by bzr101 »

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Thanks for checking. I also experienced problems.

We'll be needing a few rolls soon, so hopefully people will be okay using Invisible Castle?
OK by me. bzr101/Jonesy
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Yup. Never got comfortable with the forum roller. Comfort in olde Castle.
TVblog

carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Sorry - my fault; I had only applied the Dice-roller' to 'The Game' forum. The Dice Roller has to be activated in each forum and can't be 'auto-enabled'.

[dice]0[/dice]
Fabio Silva
Layman
Layman

Post by Fabio Silva »

The good point on the dice-roll forum is the practicality.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

yes, the practicality and the fact that it doesn't suck as hard as IC. :)

Return to “Posting Conventions, Pre-Game Questions, Etc.”