Arrival

There has been no word from a Nazi-run covalescent home in the Nazi-controlled south of France that is owned and operated by a subsidiary company controlled by long-serving members of the Nazi party as part of their aims to expand onto the conquered lands. There's probably nothing to worry about. There are a few people scheduled to arrive today anyway. They'll soon get to the bottom of it.
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: Arrival

Post by royya »

I'll take the rear.
Jean replies and holds the rake so tightly causing his palms to hurt.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

As they step out into the hallway, they hear a heavy drizzle hit the window panes. There's still some light coming in through the windows, the final traces of dusk not yet overtaken by dark clouds or the horizon but the corridor itself is awfully dark and gloomy. There are five doors to the left, a few have already been examined to be offices, with a single door to the right and a final door at the end of the hall. There are more blood drops on the carpet, all looking rather fresh, but no bloody shoe prints or anything that vulgar. Each door handle seems a little bit bloody as well, as though each handle had been jiggled as the person passed.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, I'm not cleaning this up," whispers Erich with a nervous chuckle. "Let's check the rest of the doors on the left that we haven't already tried. Then the one on the right, and finally the one at the end."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The next door on the left looks much like all of the others. Who will be the one to open it?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Avoid touching the blood, try with your boot maybe or with the rake I'm holding.
Jean says to Erich
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Erich nods. "I've got a pair of gloves," he whispers, fishing them out of his pockets and slipping them on. "Cover me," he adds to Herman. With one hand in his pocket gripping his pistol, he opens the next door with his other hand once the others are ready.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

A man charges forward from the room, face twisted in terror and rage, with a sharp knife clutched in one hand. He wears a suit, fancy, and his gold wristwatch glints in the hallway light. The office behind him is plunged into darkness and gloom, curtains drawn across windows.

(Herman can shoot first as he has his gun readied, Herman again, then Erich, then the charging man, Jean isn't in the doorway and can't act with everyone in the way).

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Are we at point blank range? Also, can I get two shots too if I fire through the fabric of my pocket? I'm already holding the gun.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

OOC,Yes, and yes.

royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Jean leaves the others to deal with the man in the room, he is in the rear anyway, he will guard, ready with the rake to punch anyone that might come from the corridor.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Herman shoots. He aims for the man's legs.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Those will hit since we're at point blank range. If he doesn't go down, I'll fire.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

OOC,Mr. Handy is correct. Roll for your damage. Ergh, nowhere near the book at the moment and had so little sleep my memory is fried ... does point blank give you double damage or am I thinking of another system?

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Point blank just doubles effective skill, not damage. Impales do double damage.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

mauser damage,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4758938/]2d6+4=10[/url]
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The man collapses to the ground, his leg wound bleeding terribly and arterial spray pumping freely. The sharp barks of his rifle echo throughout the building. If they were in any doubt as to whether anyone knew they were here, that is bound to have changed. In the creeping silence that seems to fill this very building, that shot must have thundered throughout the entire building. Surely. Right?
First Aid,anyone with even minimal first aid can tell that he's going to be a goner as the thigh's major artery is pumping out too much blood to save him. The only reason he's still "alive" is due to a mixture of dramatic license and because death is rarely instant in the real world so to embody a Gritty Realism aspect, I'm going down this direction. Therefore you can react to the dying man as you please, but he will die. He's lost hit points in an earlier circumstance that you can spot with a successful Spot Hidden roll.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"This man had already been wounded," says Erich, looking at the body. "He may have reacted out of fear. Whatever injured him can't be far away, either. We should search him and the room quickly, then keep moving. The gunshot won't have gone unnoticed."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Herman crouches down next to the dying man and tries to get his attention; the blood doesn't faze him as he's seen it many times before. He grips the man's hand. "I've got you, it's okay." He looks into the man's eyes and knows he hasn't got long. "Can you tell me what's here, in this building? What attacked you?" He doubts the man will speak but he's heard of stranger death-bed confessions.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The man murmurs something, so quiet it's almost impossible to understand.

(OOC: Listen checks. Herman is doubled as he can put his ear to the man's lips and those who choose to spend the round searching the room can make one at half chance).

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death