Arrival

There has been no word from a Nazi-run covalescent home in the Nazi-controlled south of France that is owned and operated by a subsidiary company controlled by long-serving members of the Nazi party as part of their aims to expand onto the conquered lands. There's probably nothing to worry about. There are a few people scheduled to arrive today anyway. They'll soon get to the bottom of it.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Arrival

Post by Laraqua »

The covered flatbed truck trundles along the unpaved road, seeking and finding every rut on the way or so it seems. The sky is darkening around them. An unexploded bomb in the middle of one road had caused them to divert quite a distance and a military convoy had further slowed them down and thus ensured their arrival would be nearly two hours late. The canvas covering flaps around the two sitting on the benches in the back, causing quite a noise and letting in the chill air which seeps through their clothing and gets into their bones. They can see only the trees and shrubbery that line the dirt road behind them and have no idea how close or far away they may be.

Herman Kluge, who sits in the passenger seat, finds himself uncomfortable as the quite hard chair is bolted down with no springs within it and thus every bump and grind is transmitted directly through his body. He, at least, can see the majestic sweep of the massive building that stands behind the cast iron fence with its broad gate. There's a boom that currently lays before the gate, besides which stands a comfortable sentry box with glass windows and no sentry inside.

With a grinding of gears, the truck slows to a stop and the driver turns to Herman. "There you are," he says in passable German.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Arrival

Post by Mr. Handy »

Erich Landau, seated in the back of the truck, rises and gathers his things: an old, battered suitcase and a black metal toolbox. While they may have tools at the hospital, he prefers to use his own. He knows that his tools are of high quality, and he is used to using them. Still standing in the back of the truck, he uses his higher vantage point to survey his surroundings. He always likes to stay alert; it's one reason he isn't dead yet. You never knew when the Resistance might spring an ambush, and the absence of a sentry is troubling.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Herman nods shortly to the driver. He grabs his kit bag and rifle and swings out of the truck. He looks at the empty sentry box, "Security? What security? Useless idiots." He mutters under his breath. He looks around for a guard and walks over to lift the boom.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"No need to lift that up," says the driver. "Here's where I stop. Funny about the sentry being absent but I s'pose that's what they need more like you for." He reaches out through the open window and thumps on his door. "C'mon then, out you get. Not far to the manor doors now."

There's no sign of any sentries anywhere about. The gate and fence are bristling with curls of barbed wire and the sentry box beside the gate seems to a relatively well-used office judging by the coffee cup, calendar and postboard full of reminders, exhortations and other details.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you for the lift," says Erich to the driver. He climbs down from the truck and approaches the gate, carrying his suitcase and toolbox.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Herman drops his kit bag and steps into the sentry box. He sniffs the coffee cup, looks at the entries on the calendar and noses through the notes on the post board. He's very confused that there's no sentry and wants to get the low down on what's been happening before he takes up his new post.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The coffee cup is cold though there's no mould on the sludge at the bottom at the very least. Considering the cool air, that means they could have left this sentry box anywhere from an hour ago to a day ago. There's no sign of spent shells or anything else like that. The calendar entries are pretty plain and likely contain coded references to deliveries and other planned entries and exists. There's one listed for 2 hours ago that probably indicates them: 1 x Rifle, 2 x Shovels. The notes all discuss various basic security procedures, protocol changes and public information on Nazi Germany and Adolf Hitler. Nothing too secret. The sort of thing one would expect on any such semi-civilian noticeboard.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Erich follows Herman to the sentry box and looks inside. "You'd think they'd have better security in this place," he says. "Anyone could just walk right in. They need you more than they know."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Herman, embarrassed to be caught nosing about by a superior office, drops the coffee cup he has been sniffing and stands to attention. He flashes a salute, "Yes Sir!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,If you're talking about me, I'm not actually in uniform, and you don't know I'm a sergeant. I'm undercover as a janitor.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

ooc,Oops, okay. I was just going by your photo and equipment. Can I scrap (delete?) my last post and have this instead:
Herman casts an eye at the man who follows him into the box, "You're not wrong. Looks like I'll have my work cut out." He puts down the cup he's been sniffing and turns to go back out. "What're you here for?" Looking at the man's clothing for clues.
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

Jean (The old gardner) attends the garden of the place and is unable to see the newcomers. He is too far to notice them.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Erich is dressed in fairly standard work clothes, carrying an old battered suitcase and a toolbox in much better condition. "I'm the new janitor," he says, setting his suitcase down briefly and extending his right hand for a shake. "Erich Landau is the name. I'm past fighting age, so at least this way I can free up a younger man."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Herman smiles and shakes the proffered hand. "Wotcha, Herman Kluge. Guess we'd better see what this place has in store for us. You know who the boss is? I 'aint got a clue." He steps back outside to the gate, trying to smarten his uniform. He takes off his hat, spits in his hand and uses it to flatten his hair. Then, picking up his kit bag and rifle, he grins at Erich, "let's go!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Erich smiles back. "They didn't tell me anything," he says, picking up his suitcase and following him.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The truck rumbles off without them without a backward glance. The gate itself is firmly locked, chained, and padlocked for extra security. There's a personnel gate to one side that's unlocked and somewhat ajar at least. The grounds are relatively immense with two military-style trucks parked outside the double doors to the colonaded entrance that can be seen at a distance. There's no lights on view but there wouldn't be. Black out regulations are generally a wise idea, especially with such a semi-clandestine facility. A gardener can be seen finishing up his work on one of the more western beds, further on from where the gravel drive wraps around a fountain in the center of the yard. The scrape, scrape of his hoe is one of the few sounds. Everything seems a little quiet. A little off.

OOC: I'm assuming you two are standing just by the personnel gate. Let me know where you go. Please always try to be very direct with your movements and I'll aim for precision as well. Always feel free to ask questions about the surrounds and people you see.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That gardener works here," says Erich. "Perhaps we should ask him if he knows where we should report and what is going on around here."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"'s as good an idea as any. This place is dead." Herman shrugs and leads the way through the small gate, walking across the grounds to the gardener. He looks around and up at the looming building; and noses in the fountain as he strolls past. "Looks like you'll have your work cut out keeping this place clean." He says to Erich.
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

Jean turns his look to the newcomers and rest the shovel to the side. He raise his hand to greet them from afar.
Laraqua,fill me up with some info about the place. where should I direct the newcomers too
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Erich waves back to the gardener as they approach. "Yeah, and we haven't even seen the inside yet," he replies to Herman.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Fallen Lives Hospital”