Act III(b): 'The Cerebral Activities Society'

In Leagues of Adventure the characters are all middle and upper class Victorians who go on wild adventures in response to wagers, handsome payments from rich patrons, invitations from adventuring leagues, or
simply out of sheer boredom. Opportunities abound to thwart dastardly deeds, discover lost cities, mingle with new cultures, and plumb the darkest depths of the globe.

Moderator: Priest

Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Re: Act III(b): 'The Cerebral Activities Society'

Post by Priest »

Wellington,For a small consideration,[b] Klebbs [/b]supplies you with the address of [b]Norman Smalls[/b], adding, [color=#0040FF]"As I told the young lady, despite my having made several attempts to contact Mr Smalls, it would seem that he has not been seen for the past couple of days"[/color]
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Klebbs,"[color=#0000BF]You are much obliged, Mr [b]Klebbs[/b]. yet I shall try none the less. Should you seek more gainful employ, drop by my residence, I have many connections throughout the City who appreciate a keen mind such as yours.[/color]", Wellington turns to go, but seems to reconsider. "[color=#0000BF]Tell me, Mr [b]Klebbs[/b], were they any details you spared mentioning to the lady in order as to not upset her sensitivities?[/color]"
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Wellington:

Klebbs shakes his head, "No, there is nothing more to tell"
- Anais Nin
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

I have work to do and have no need of further disturbance. Good day Mr Klevendon"
"You disgusting soak," thinks Klevendon. He leaves Mattison's office.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Wellington bids goodbye to Klebbs and goes out to, encounter Klevendon on the way out.

"Ah! I trust our editor in chief was very informative after I left. You have the look of someone who left the most charming of company!"

Horatio G. Wellington straightens his coat and prepares to leave the building
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Coat suitably straightened and sartorial splendour restored, both of you leave the building and descend the steps to the street, which amidst its hurlyburly can be seen a small group of persons stood around a sewer entrance. Of course three of the five figures are those very gentlemen that you recently employed to remove the lid of the sewer entrance from which you have been appraised that the recent deluge of verminous creatures had issued.

Beside them you notice the well, but functionaly, dressed female form of Miss Bly and her erstwhile companion and epicurean purveyor of wild life savouries, Mr Richard Roxborough.

It would appear that the three gentlemen of recent aquaintance have succeeded in opening the sewer and Mr Roxborough is currently looking into it.

Even at a distance it seems from the way Miss Bly is wrinkling her nose and covering her mouth with a delicate lace handkerchief that a most obnoxious smell is emanating from below.
OOC:   Please continue here: viewtopic.php?f=286&t=4860&p=155820#p155820  
- Anais Nin

Return to “Leagues of Adventure”