OOC

In Leagues of Adventure the characters are all middle and upper class Victorians who go on wild adventures in response to wagers, handsome payments from rich patrons, invitations from adventuring leagues, or
simply out of sheer boredom. Opportunities abound to thwart dastardly deeds, discover lost cities, mingle with new cultures, and plumb the darkest depths of the globe.

Moderator: Priest

Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Re: OOC

Post by Priest »

Apologies chaps. Been away, back now will get right on it :D
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

I've really enjoyed this - it's been good fun.

Definitely count me in (with Roxborough) if/when you run the sequel.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Thanks for running this Andy! I thoroughly enjoyed the game, you did an excellent job of running this and helped bring everything to life (in my head).

The scenario broke down well into discrete sections and every part had a clear defined goal (even if we didn't realise it right away) - I particularly enjoyed some of the earlier scenes, with the visit to the 'King's Head' and the 'hunt in the sewers' providing some stand out moments. The latter scenes were a trifle 'rail-roaded' but (as I now know ) the scenario was written as an introduction to the game and very suited to 'convention-play' so it's written to finish fast. You managed the scenes where the characters split up superbly - something that isn't easy to manage in a pbp game.

The cast of characters were nicely realised and there was some excellent role-playing all round and I look forward to adventuring in the 'Leagues of Adventure' universe again.

Thanks everyone for making this a game to remember!
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

^^^^^^^^^ What he said :D
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

Thanks all for playing. A RPG is only as good as the players, and everyone excelled at giving the characters life.
It was not the easiest scenario I have tried to run, and was, as Lee said a bit, railroady. But in the scenarios defence it was intended as an introduction to LOA, and supposed to be playable in four hours, ha! - it lasted a trifle longer than that.

I learned a lot about the 'Ubiquity System' and must say that for the most part I was impressed. Impressed enough to consider moving on to the first of their proper scenarios 'Dreaming Spires - Scenario One of the Great Game Campaign' at some stage. Those who chooses to continue with the characters from 'Dragons..' will be more than welcome to do so. However should knew players wish to join in or should old ones wish to create their own, they will be welcome also.
If Lee should wish to continue with either Wellington or Nellie it is his choice.

Again my thanks to all for making the 'Dragons of London' such an enjoyable game :D
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin

Return to “Leagues of Adventure”