Q & A - Lifeboat

The fate of the Aquitania (1914-1925).
This ocean liner scenario follows a group of upper class travelers who have some time to kill. Maybe too much time.

Moderator: Dave Syrinx

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Q & A - Lifeboat

Post by Dave Syrinx »

lifeboat.jpg
banner.jpg
Welcome to the OOC area!

Hopefully you all find my layout at least a bit logical. Typos and linguistics set aside...
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Re: Q & A - Lifeboat

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Not much mystery as of yet. I´m just waiting for the characters´ folios to get uploaded. Then we can do some getting-to-know-each-other by the pool side.
I realize it´s morning on the east coast (US), so I´ll put my wine glass down and enjoy the sun a bit more.

Nice to have finished another week of work 8-)
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Henry Boyd is posted, Archeologist, Photographer, and Professor. Glad to meet all of you.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Glad to have you on board, so to speak. Welcome Ben!
/Dave
TVblog

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Sorry! I've lost my mind with moving. I do have a few spare minutes to create a sheet, however. Let me know if I've done it wrong as I have sped through it a bit.

I'm creating another girl so perhaps Dr. Susan will have a bit of competition for Daedalus' attention! :D

Not quite as high-APP, though (12) not as high with the Credit Rating either.... I think she's spent most of her spare income on this boat ride.

So not much competition! :lol:
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Shroudeye
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Shroudeye »

Well this should be fun if nothing else. :)
Dominic Pius, The Last Express

Raymond MacIntyre, The Shadow Over Dunwich

Daedalus Wickliff, The Aquitania

I don't want to see another cop or cookie in my life. I don't know which one makes me sicker
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I think it's hysterical that we both chose the same surname. Maybe we could be sisters, or cousins.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Funny. Just checking the 4 of us do know each other right?
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

That is up to you. Initially I intended for you all to know each other but now it seems you all ended up in the close vicinity of one another. You may know of each other, that´s for sure. For good or worse.
TVblog

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

I know! I picked two names of two old PCs whose essence I wanted to mingle and capture, and happened to use the same last name as yours!

My character could be your cousin. I'd be fine with that. Probably not sisters as I want the reckless Australian element to it. Of course, our family is clearly unconventional considering that your character is a doctor with no interest in marriage and mine is ... a broke dilletante as far as the other folks are aware. Maybe you bought her ticket! :D

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I have a number of names in mind for characters at all times, and I'd been thinking of using Walsh for a while. This seemed like a good opportunity, with Liverpool being so close to Wales and having a large Welsh population. I hadn't originally planned for Susan to be a doctor; I was going for a dilletante too. However, when I saw the high INT and EDU in her best set of rolls, I realized it would be a huge waste of her talents. I'm sure Susan would agree there.

Cousins sounds good to me. We could possibly even be sharing a cabin for two. I had thought that Susan could have paid for your ticket, which makes a lot of sense.

Susan isn't uninterested in marriage, she just has very high standards.

"Sure he's rich and handsome - but can he cogitate?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Charlotte doesn't mind marriage but she'd want an exciting man who likes to travel and have a free-spirited wife who gets her nose into things she shouldn't. She's certainly not very domestic nor interested much in high-society affairs due to all of the stuffiness. Think of her like a Bright Young Thing crossed with a tomboy who in the longterm doesn't fit into anything but the most Bohemian of circles. In the short-term she behaves quite nicely and scrubs up wonderfully. It's not that she can't behave, it's just that she finds it dreadfully dull. She's concerned that any husband she does get will be a collar around her neck, duping her into domesticity and then expecting gratitude. She's pretty enough that some men have considered marrying her (not realising her age as she looks to only be in her mid-twenties) with the assumption that they could tame her and get a proper housewife.

She would rather have a separate cabin but if you're paying then she'll go with it. She's also enjoying the idea of being all proper and would have given you assurances that she won't do anything unseemly. She's quite clever as well, though her skills run to less savoury enterprises then doctoring. She does speak a few languages, though. Feel free to peruse her skills.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'd like to, but I can't seem to find her character sheet anywhere.

A double cabin would probably be more cost-effective than two single cabins. Unless that's not the case, I think I'd probably have booked a double.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

The other Walsh added to the upkeep section,
Scuse that.
/Dave
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Well, I didn't intend to drop this story, but it does feel like a dropped ball. Sorry for that.
Consider this a notice of retiring this game.

Play well and win, in another game, guys.

Thanks for sharing a few moments on the boat.

/Dave
TVblog

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

sorry to hear this. was looking forward to the voyage once it got going.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich

Return to “The Aquitania (Canceled)”