The Voyage of a lifetime [prologue] - (All players)

The fate of the Aquitania (1914-1925).
This ocean liner scenario follows a group of upper class travelers who have some time to kill. Maybe too much time.

Moderator: Dave Syrinx

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

The Voyage of a lifetime [prologue] - (All players)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

12:30

This is where the realization sets in. The journey is beginning. New York harbor will greet them in six days. In one hour, the ship will leave Liverpool.
God´s speed!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Re: The Voyage of a lifetime [prologue] - (All players)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Daedalus has left his and Denton´s stateroom to take in the sights of the ship. Henry is unpacking across from Susan who is picking out a swimsuit for later. The fourth passenger has yet to board the Aquitania.

On the way to the staterooms the neighbors all pass four loud first class passengers. They boasted about bets and wealth and seemed overly confident with themselves. A curios person might have seen they all had pins with a silhouette of Athena. Susan saw the open air pool on A-deck when she ventured there for a stroll prior to finding her quarters. A steward told her there was a gymnasium and an enclosed pool down on E-deck accessible via electric lifts from the reception room on D-deck, the deck below her quarters.

Stateroom numbers:

Laraqua: No.13 for
Shroudeye: No.15 for Daedalus and Denton
BenTheRat: No.20 for Henry
Mr. Handy: No.23 for Susan
Who´s where?
Who´s where?
Single stateroom
Single stateroom
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dr. Susan Walsh unpacks her things, making herself at home in the cabin. I've already seen the pool on A-deck, so I'll go take a look at the one on E next. It's nice that there's an enclosed pool too in case of rain, but I'll probably use the one above as long as the weather holds.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Shroudeye
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Shroudeye »

Young Daedalus makes a turn from the dinning hall and heads as fast as he could toward A-deck, where he might find Peter Wilks. This man may offer a challenging time at gambling or at least he hoped so anyway for he was bored already. He also starts thinking of a way to get a seat at the Captain's table as soon as possible. He knew his name, William T. Turner and kept a keen eye out for any crew that may offer the chance at this dinning experience along the way.
OOC,What would I have to use for a check on finding a crew member that would give me access to the Captain's Table?
Daedalus Wickliff,[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/vivamort/d09c8239-4333-43d8-914d-c995c1d82fd3_zps757a546f.jpg~original[/img] [b]Prodigy, Gambler, Heir Apparent[/b] Appearance - Age: 19 Eyes: Brown Hair: Brown Height: 5'11" Weight: 185 lb. Education: College Occupation: Self Personality - Oftentimes charming and can be a bit of a coniver. Seldom acts for others interest, more interested in his own pursuits. Somewhat of a chameleon, one can never know which Daedalus you would meet. Has a soft spot for the "Damsil in distress" and if given the choice between gambling of any kind and doing something else, Gambling wins.
Dominic Pius, The Last Express

Raymond MacIntyre, The Shadow Over Dunwich

Daedalus Wickliff, The Aquitania

I don't want to see another cop or cookie in my life. I don't know which one makes me sicker
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

The foyer on A-deck has a number of stewards that would be able to give Daedalus directions to the Louis XVI restaurant.

A conjuration of proper seating:
Spoiler:
To get a seat at the captain´s table could be achieved in a number of ways. Daedalus could use his lineage to wedge himself in at the table. (fast talk)
Or he could do a stunt and be the hero of the day, that just calls for an accident of sorts...
Thirdly, he could bribe a steward to put his name on the placement cards. (bluff ie: a luck check at half skill)
Susan takes her time to find directions on how to reach the pool. It takes some legwork.
TVblog

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Henry changes into his swimsuit and makes his way up to the top deck pool. He figures he can still out swim about anyone on the ship.
He heads up to the pool and finds a nice chair to lounge in and takes a look around the deck.
Then takes off his shirt, dives in, does a quick lap, and then gets out to lay in the lounge chair.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Shroudeye
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Shroudeye »

Daedalus got the attention of one of the various interchangeable stewards huddled in the foyer of A-Deck. "Excuse me my good man. I was wondering if I might have a word with you." he brought to bare all the charm and poise he could muster. He really wanted to be included with the more important patrons on this voyage. His ego would not let him be treated just as another passenger, and it would be rather awkward to be seated next to a common person. One of his heritage would demand satisfaction and not be subjected to a grievous faux pas such as not being allowed to be a guest with the Captain.

"I was wondering there was anyway to get a seat with the Captain?" He asked as he shook the stewards hand and placed some bills in the mans' palm. "It would be so very nice to be included this night and having a Noble person as a guest would certainly make for stimulating conversation. Allow me to introduce myself, I am Sir Daedalus Wickliff, of the Wickliff of Yorkshire, at your service."
Persuade (65%),[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4210031/]1d100=60[/url]
Fast Talk (45%),[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4210050/]1d100=71[/url]
Daedalus Wickliff,[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/vivamort/d09c8239-4333-43d8-914d-c995c1d82fd3_zps757a546f.jpg~original[/img] [b]Prodigy, Gambler, Heir Apparent[/b] Appearance - Age: 19 Eyes: Brown Hair: Brown Height: 5'11" Weight: 185 lb. Education: College Occupation: Self Personality - Oftentimes charming and can be a bit of a coniver. Seldom acts for others interest, more interested in his own pursuits. Somewhat of a chameleon, one can never know which Daedalus you would meet. Has a soft spot for the "Damsil in distress" and if given the choice between gambling of any kind and doing something else, Gambling wins.
Dominic Pius, The Last Express

Raymond MacIntyre, The Shadow Over Dunwich

Daedalus Wickliff, The Aquitania

I don't want to see another cop or cookie in my life. I don't know which one makes me sicker
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

After consulting the map of the ship, Susan ventures out, never afraid of a little exercise. She heads down to D-deck to the reception room and then calls the lift to go down to E-deck.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Charlie strides up the gangway to the Aquitania's deck with a happy smile and a mischevious gleam in her eye, clutching her hat to her head in one hand and carrying one of her cases in the other as a few porters dash up with the rest of her cases. She smiles around at everyone else on the decks as she heads toward her stateroom, almost giggling with excitement at being able to get up onto one of these big ships. As she nears her stateroom, her stride lengthens to an unladylike amount as she tries to hurry (also unladylike) to get to the stateroom and see where she will be able to sleep! Once she's all unpacked, she'll then be able to explore the ship. How very exciting! How absolutely and positively exciting!
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

In stateroom 13, Charlie shows the help where to put her trunks and belongings. After arranging everything to her liking, she tries to make heads and tails of a boarding pamphlet´s fold-out map. She compares the locations of the various dining locations and bars.

It most certainly would be best to ask for directions to get anywhere.

In his lounge chair, Henry is soon visited by a steward who asks him to confirm his name for the tab. The chairs are 1$. "Is there anything else, Sir?", the young man asks. His suit´s sewn-on tag says: G. Michaels.

Susan exits the caged elevator and steps out to a marble pool area with palm trees in large ornamented pots. She finds herself all alone.

Young Daedalus is assured by the steward that the Wickliff family will be acquiring a seat at the main table at 6 o´clock. Most certainly.
After setting that straight, Daedalus makes his way to A-deck and spots Wilks and company talking about the latest bets on the promenade, taking in the sights of everything fair passing by.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

A pamphlet similar to Sarah´s is available to all passengers. They can be found on the drawers in each stateroom.

General Information for Saloon Passengers

PUBLIC TELEPHONE - Telephone service with booths and operator in attendance will be found on the New York wharf.

MEALS will be served at the following times in the Saloon at the following times :- Breakfast, from 8 to 10; Luncheon 1 P.M., Dinner from 7.00 P.M. The Bar will be closed at 11.30 P.M.

SEATS AT TABLE should be arranged for through the Second Steward on board the steamer on day of sailing.

DIVINE SERVICE on Sunday at 10-30 A.M.

STEAMER CHAIRS may be hired from the Deck Steward at a cost of $1.00 for the voyage.

RUGS are also available for hire at a cost of $1.00. Attention is called for that each Rug is contained in a sealed cardboard box, and bears a serial number worked into the material so that passengers will have no difficulty in identifying their rugs. At the end of each voyage, the rugs which have been in use are sent to the store and thoroughly cleaned, before being re-issued.

THE SURGEON is authorized to make customary charges for his services, subject to the approval of the Commander, for treating any passengers at their request for any illness not originating on board the ship.
In case of sickness arising on board no charge will be made and medicine will be provided for free.

LIBRARIES.—An excellent selection of Novels by well-known authors, in addition to a set of travel books, are available for the use of Saloon passengers.

PORT HOLES.—Passengers should request their Bedroom Stewards to open and close the port holes in the Staterooms, as required.

It is dangerous for passengers to handle these themselves.

VALUABLES.—The Company is not responsible for theft if valuables or money are kept in the Staterooms. The same should be placed in charge of the Purser for deposit in his safe, and a receipt will be given on the Company's form. As no charge is made for carriage the Company cannot accept any responsibility for loss or damage, however arising. Passengers are accordingly advised to protect themselves by insurance.

PAYMENTS.—Passengers should obtain a receipt from the Purser on the Company's form for any additional Passage Money, Rugs, Chairs, Excess Baggage, Freight, Wireless Messages, etc., paid on board.

EXCHANGE of MONEY. - Owing to fluctuations it is not possible to make a fixed Rate of Exchange.

PROFESSIONAL GAMBLERS.— Passengers are informed that Professional Gamblers are reported as frequently crossing on Atlantic Steamers, and are warned to take precautions accordingly.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Also available is the following information:

Captain: William T. Turner
Staff-Captain: F. E. Storey,
Chief Engineer: G. Patterson,
St. Ch. Engineer: R. Shortridge
Surgeon: B. Sydney Jones
Asst. Surgeon: M. Richards
Chief Steward: F. V. Jones
Ch Officer: P. A. Murchie.
Purser: C. T. Spedding
Second Purser: C. N. Baildon
Asst. Purser: W. E. Hughes
Extra Chief Steward: B. Powell

Saloon Passengers: 138
Second Cabin: 45
Third Class: 3

TOTAL: 186

Saloon Additional:
Mr. Amphlett
Lrd. M. Angus
Mr. R. Boardman
Mr. R. O. Babock
Mrs. Lantier
Mr. G. Rogers III
Mr. R.C. Stacy
Mr. A. Wieldings
Mr. P. Wilks

NOT ON BOARD:
Mr. B.B. Barry, Mr. C.E. Heller, Mr. G. Thompson

Given this information, there are 134 Saloon passengers besides the four principal passengers of the cast.
The Aquitania truly is for the rich and privileged.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

As a note to all concerned, luncheon will be served in thirty minutes.

[goear]1d9e8b1[/goear]
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Susan has a look around the pool area and the gym, then retraces her steps and goes in search of the Second Steward to make her table arrangements. There isn't enough time for a swim with luncheon starting so soon, she thinks, but perhaps afterwards.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Stewards and restaurant staff walk through the corridors and promenades announcing luncheon in thirty minutes. This would be the time to head for the staterooms for a change of garb.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Figuring that the Second Steward will probably be at the luncheon, Susan returns to her stateroom to change for the occasion.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

OOC: Just about noon tea at your place now, right?
I found a Trail of Cthulhu supplement guide for the Titanic while browsing my files. Refrained from looking it through. Will read it after this play.
Awaiting some more guests at the restaurant before posting the luncheon proper.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Actually it's getting close to 3 PM right now. There's probably a six hour time difference between the Eastern Time Zone and Sweden.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Henry enjoys one more lap in the pool before retiring to his stateroom to get cleaned up and ready for the luncheon.
Then heads that way.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Charlie heads back to her stateroom as well to double check her appearance before heading off to the luncheon. She's pretty sure that she's dressed well enough for the occasion. She hopes so. She doesn't have many outfits of this calibre.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/

Return to “The Aquitania (Canceled)”