IC: Ch 12: The Final Showdown

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Re: IC: Ch 12: The Final Showdown

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC:   Ok, that officially ended that round. In the new round, Harrison has already tried his spell and failed. Scott tried his resistance and failed, so is trying to tackle Harrison this round. Charles is free to act this round. Richard cannot do anything this round except lay there. But he is alive and awake. A small miracle, that would have killed about every other player in the game.  
OOC:   Scott and Harrison: Scott will attempt a grapple roll, if he succeeds, Harrison may attempt a dodge. If Harrison fails the dodge, then I want Scott to roll a strength vs strength resistance roll to tackle him out of the circle. Str 12 vs 9 means Scott has a 65% chance to knock Harrison out of the circle if he hits with the grapple and Harrison fails to dodge.  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

Here I come!!,1d100 → [67] = (67) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4508238/ Bugger!!!!! Missed
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC:   You missed on purpose. Just down to Charles and Corbitt now. Charles what do you do?  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard rolls over in complete pain taking in the situation in front of him then quitely says "I said to run Corbitt over not me" to no one in particular.
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

Charles tries to hit Corbbitt again with the car.
Here we go again,ROLL = 9 - SUCCESS!!!! http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4508742/
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

As you pass Corbitt and send Richard flying, you throw it in reverse and slam on the gas heading for Corbitt.
He attempts to dodge out of the way.
Dodge,[dice]0[/dice]
Corbitt gets slammed by the car, but it just didn't have as much speed as it did before.
damage,[dice]1[/dice]
While it threw Corbitt a few feet and he fell to the ground, it didn't appear to do any real damage. Perhaps if you were going faster.
OOC:   We are ready to go to a new round. Scott, you are still controlled, you may break it with a resistance roll of 25%. If you fail you will continue to try and tackle Harrison. Harrison you can continue to try the incant while trying to dodge from Scott. Charles, you are only a few feet from Corbitt, running over him may do more damage. Richard, you may act this round, but no running.  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Ben,what did I take in when looking around last round? Is there another vehicle I can make it into close buy? Are there any fire hoses laying around that I think would have enough water pressure to knock Corbitt to the ground? here is an idea roll if you need it [dice]0[/dice]
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Richard,you were knocked away from where the cars were at. But their are water hoses, whether it would have enough pressure to knock Corbitt down, you aren't sure.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard moves as quickly as his aching body will let him to a nearby fire hose laying unused on the ground.
Ben,depending on how close I am, I may try to hit [b]Scott[/b] with the hose instead of [b]Corbitt[/b] hoping to knock him away from [b]Harrison[/b] instead of spraying [b]Corbitt[/b], my main objective is to allow [b]Harrison[/b] to continue uninterupted in his attempt to banish [b]Corbitt[/b]
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Ben,25% chance to break control: 1d100 → [45] = (45) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4509272/ Failed still under masters control. Another attempt to tackle Harrison 25%: 1d100 → [100] = (100) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4509276/ Missed him again, this time critically. Have I grappled myself?
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC:   Still waiting on Harrison and Charles for this round.  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

Charles tries running over Corbitt once more.
DRIVE ROLL,ROLL = 14 - success http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4510902/
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC:   If Dr. P doesn't post by this evening I'm going to do it for him and move things along. So be prepared to move on tonight.  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Harrison bend like a reed in the wind, evading Scott's clumsy tackle.

He straightens himself up, rips open his shirt and slashes the pognus over his chest above his heart. As the blood runs thickly, he exclaims in a loud, imperious voice.

"ET INCARNATUS EST DE DIIS, DONUM QUOD DEDISTI TOLLERE"

The Roll (55%),[dice]0[/dice]
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Scott dives at Harrison but trips on some blood, sending him sprawling out of the circle. At that same time, Richard turns the hose on Scott trying to keep him away from Harrison. The water making it very difficult for Scott to stand up.
Harrison cuts his chest and screams outloud in Latin and an ice cold wind swirls around Corbitt laying on the ground. He screeches out in a language you have never heard.
Harrison,you know the spell worked.
Charles guns the car again hoping to catch him under the tires. Corbitt tries to roll to the side and towards Harrison.
dodge,[dice]0[/dice]
He nimbly avoids the car and is on his feet sprinting towards Harrison. You can see his mouth moving, but over the screaming and water spraying and car revving, you cannot hear what he is saying.
OOC:   A New ROUND is begining. Everyone please post your plan. Scott you are on the ground, to resist the control you need a 30 or lower. And to get up with the water spraying you need a combo of Str and Dex. So lets say (Str*5 + Dex*5)/2 = 55% to get up. That is all you can do this round, If you resist you may choose to stay down or get up.
Richard, the hose had a lot of power when you first turned it on, but now it seems to be losing force. Charles, Corbitt dodged the car and is running towards Harrison perpendiculor to your car. You would have to spend a round getting the car turned to make another run at him. Harrison, Corbitt is almost on top of you and can attack this round. You can attack him or do something else. You see hatred in his eyes as he continues to move his mouth. You may make a listen check.  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Ben,Resist Control 30% 1d100 → [11] = (11) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4511763/ Whoooooo! Attempt to get up 55% 1d100 → [11] = (11) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4511774/ Yes!!!!
Fighting the flow of water Scott begins to rise to his feet, "Hey Richard turn it off!"
- Anais Nin
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Listen,[dice]0[/dice]
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Harrison,you can't make out what he is saying.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Ben,If [b]Harrison[/b] is not in the way I will change the direction of the hose from [b]Scott[/b] to [b]Corbitt's[/b] face, I understand that the water pressure isnt as great I am just trying to obscure [b]Corbitts[/b] vision to give [b]Harrison[/b] a decent dodge chance or bonus to his dodge if he chooses to do that. If I do not have a shot at [b]Corbitts[/b] face I will drop the hose and start moving towards the frey, picking up the nearest weapon or pulling mine out if they are still on my person.
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

Charles begins turning the car around.
OOC,Do I need to roll to do a three point turn?

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”