IC: Ch 12: The Final Showdown

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Re: IC: Ch 12: The Final Showdown

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Jordie couldn't move the way she wanted her body to do, only furious thoughts as she spit blood into Corbitt's face.
Jordan "Jordie" Lynch thinking:   "But whether a mere man can know the [i]truth[/i], whether a seer can fathom more than I— there is no test, no certain proof though matching skill for skill [i]a man can outstrip a rival[/i]. No, not till I see these charges proved will I side with his accusers.... Never will I convict my king, never in my heart." ~ Oedipus Rex Sophocles  
With her last breath, Jordie struggles her arm up but the weight of the pistol gives and her legs buckle, the gun tumbling to the ground.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by BenTheRat »

The blood and spittle ran down Corbitt's face as he turned towards Charles. As Charles scampered away Corbitt jerked his head towards Harrison. A raspy voice that was more similar to fingernails on a chalkboard than to a normal voice screeched out across the macabre scene of the street.
"You do not control me Wielder. Only the King can tell me when there has been enough blood to sate his thirst."
random roll,1-3 Scott,4-6 Richard: [dice]0[/dice]
Instead of chasing after Charles, he instead strides up to Richard, his hands and face covered in blood and a wild look in his eyes. "What of this one Wielder, should we have him join us, or sacrifice him to the King?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC:   This starts a new round. Scott and Richard have come out of their temp insanity. Scott and Charles are both near Harrison, within 10-15 yards. Richard is about 25 yards away and Corbitt is standing next to him. Charles you had moved away from the firearms for now, so there is not one within reach. Scott there is a .38 near you, you could probably get it and fire 1 shot this round if it is loaded. Richard, you are on top of a police man, you realize what you have been doing and it sickens you, but the thought of death standing above you overwhelms the need to throw up. There is a shotgun on the ground next to you, you don't know if its loaded or not. And you have your own weapons still.  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Harrison felt the bile rise in his throat. His voice was hoarse and strained, his eyes looking more haunted than ever as the blood dripped in thick drops from his cut hand clutching the pognus.

"The Wielder commands you to retreat to your unholy sepulchre, Corbitt, there to await the return of the King!Go back into the shadows or be destroyed!Obey the will of the King!"

Harrison kneels, seizing the paint brush in his free hand, he starts retracing the symbols as he utters more arcane words.

"Et incarnatus est de diis, donum quod dedisti tollere"
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by DrVendetta »

As Richard finally recovers his sanity he briefly looks at his bloodied hands and arms trying to figure out what had overcome him.
As he sees Corbitt staring at him and yelling at someone about him he immediatly goes into a defensive mode.
Richard cautiously moves away from Corbitt in the oposite direction of where Harrision is, keeping his eye on Corbit ready to dodge any type of swing or attack Corbitt tries to through at him.
Ben,if I can pick up the shotgun while doing this I will and use it to parry any in coming attacks from [b]Corbitt[/b]
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Richard,Yes you can grab the shotgun, but there is no getting away from him. As you move away, he keeps up with you. While you are "quicker" and get to act first, he is "faster", so you cannot outrun him without a car or something to help you.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

Charles looks around to see if there is anything burning, anything that might be used as a torch. He figures that it's as likely to be vulnerable to fire as to anything else.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Charles looks around, there isn't really anything on fire. The house was, but that was put out.
Charles,make an idea roll.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Ben,can I prepare a parry or defense to get a bonus, as I know that bullets don't do anything but get his attention and I already have that. I contiune to try to lure him away from Charles and prepare to dodge or parry whatever I think Ihelp me the most as I havent seen many survive even one blow from him.
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Richard,So far its really been a lot of bad luck. Getting ready to dodge instead of shooting, gives you the chance to dodge, and the shotgun is giving you the chance to parry. But there is nothing you can really do to "improve" on that. You have done your action this round anyway. I'm just waiting on Scott and Charles to do something so we can move forward.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

Scott shakes his head and blinks his vision clear as if emerging from a deep sleep, one filled with nightmares and horror.
Scott thinking:   What the hell?  
In one quick glance he sees what is happening. He also notices an .38 lying close by, no doubt dropped by a law officer. Without further thought he picks up the pistol and takes aim at the creature that he partialy recognises from the basement earlier.

"Hey asshole...eat this" he pulls the trigger...

Pistol,50% 1d100 → [53] = (53) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4500165/ Missed, damn!
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

Idea Roll,Roll=16 - PASS http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4500226/
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Charles,you remember he was in the basement when the house was on fire. With all the wood in the basement, it probably became a huge inferno, but he doesn't look like he has been burned at all. So Fire probably won't do anything to him unless its hotter than what the basement had.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

Result of the idea roll,Sigh....
Charles begins moving back closer to the fray.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Charles is still dancing around hiding behind police cars outside of the main fray.
Harrison puts the final touches on his circle.
Scott, picked up the pistol and fired a shot, but it went wild.
Richard, rolled over the shotgun picking it up on the way as Corbitt hunches down and swings twice at Richard.
2 attacks,targets = 50. attack 1: [dice]0[/dice] attack 2: [dice]1[/dice]
1 of his claws goes wild but the other looks like it is going to hit.
Richard,you may try to dodge and parry the 1 attack, you just need to pass 1.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Dodge Roll,Dodge skill = 75% roll = [dice]0[/dice]
Richard rolls backwards away from Corbitt and Harrison just before Corbitts second swing makes contact with him continuing to try to draw Corbitt further away from Harrison.

Richard yells out "Someone get a car and try to run him down"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC:   Good Job, this is the end of the round. A new round of actions can begin. Feel free to post what you are doing.  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

Charles looks at the cars near him to any where the key might be in the ignition.
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard keeps his eye on Corbitt preparing himself to dodge and parry Corbitts next round of attacks
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

There are a lot of cop cars around, most look like they still have the keys in them.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”