IC: Ch 12: The Final Showdown

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

IC: Ch 12: The Final Showdown

Post by BenTheRat »

Date: March 25, 1921, 2:00 AM

As you pull up in your cars and get out, you are blocked from driving all the way up to the now smoldering building. At least a dozen police cars, 2 fire trucks and an ambulance are blocking the road.
Smoke still lingers in the air along with the smell of fire.
As you start to approach you hear a gun shot, and a scream come from closer to the house, you can't see what made the scream from where you are standing.
ooc,we are going to go into a combat thread real soon. So please just tell me what you want to do the round we are in. We will go in Dex order very soon: Sonny Richard Scott Harrison Jordie Charles For right now, just tell me what you are doing this round.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Re: IC: Ch 12: The Final Showdown

Post by DrPeterson »

Harrison moves towards the place where the scream came from with grim determination. He is clutching the pognus in his one hand (OOC: I'm assuming it's been handed over to him), and carrying the paint bucket in the other.
When he gets close enough, he'll pop the lid and commence mixing in the final ingredient.

"Good luck, you guys."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard follows Harrison until he stops and starts preparing, he then walks infront of Harrison towards the direction of the house expecting that to be the direction that Corbit will come from. Richard nods his head to Harrison as Harrison wish's them luck and says with a smile "We will give you as much time as possible but dont take to long, and by the way it's been good knowing ya" then turns and puts a lttle distance between Harrison and himself but makes sure he can still see Harrison.

Richard looks through his satchel and gets out some rope, makes a lasso and opens it up to about 10 feet and lays it on the ground about 15 feet in front of Harrison in the direction of the house. he then lays the loose end of the rope out to the side for about 20 feet in the direction towards the house. If Corbit gets past him he hopes to be lucky enough to have Corbit step into the lasso as he goes after Harrison and then Richard will run with all his might to try to snag Corbit in the lasso and bring him to the ground and possibly drag him away from Harrison.

He says to every one else "Look if Corbit appears to still be bullet proof and just goes straight for Harrison and the Pongus we need to try to get him into this lasso so we can try to drag him away from Harrison"

After setting up backup plan C Richard pulls out Plans A & B and makes sure the safety is off on both weapons.

He then turns towards the house and starts to watch for signs of Corbit
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Richard,you were supposed to give 1 round of actions. You gave about 3. Let me know if you want to continue working on this after the first round. When you move up to where Harrison is, you will see Corbitt. Before you even get your rope out.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

Charles follows closely on Harrison's heels. He realizes he'll probably be useless against Corbitt, but figures he might be useful if any of the police or firemen try to interfere with Harrison's ritual.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

Scott pulls the .45 from inside his jacket and checks the safety. He just knows that the first cop to come out of that building seeing guns is going to start shooting but Harrison seemed fairly insistant that he needs to have time to do whatever it is he has in mind.
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

ooc,Waiting on Sonny and Jordie
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Ben,sorry I thought we would have a round or two at least before Corbit was on us. If I think it is going to take him two rounds to get to us I will still try to get the rope out but I will do something different with it. If I think he is going to be on Harrison next Round I will be pulling out both guns and Lighting him up. Just let me know what the time/distance is between Harrison and Corbitt once I see Corbitt
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Dr. V,remember a round in this game is only a few seconds. So best is just play it round by round. Once the others post, I'll post what you see and what the situation is.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

With the German Mauser steady in her hand, Jordie clenches the pistol underneath her coat as she approaches slowly by Scott's side, the sweat on her brow sizes in numbers the more she got closer to the fire.
Last edited by DetectiveSocks on Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Sonny joins you, his trumpet in hand.
As the 6 of you make your way up past the first set of road blocks, you can see the smoldering house and the carnage in front of you. At least 20 bodies are strewn about the area, and blood is everywhere. About 50-60 feet away from you, you can see the form of Corbitt hunched over a body ripping part of his neck out with his teeth. He is covered in blood on both his hands and his face. As he stands into a crouch, you can see his belly is slightly bloated now, probably from drinking too much. The horror of the scene is overwhelming, as well as seeing Corbitt again. An urge to run wells up in you, as you did once before.
ooc,At this point you will need 2 sanity checks, one for the mass carnage around you. It will be a Sanity 1/1d6 check. The other is a Sanity to see Corbitt again, of 1/1d8. However, the total points lost between this one and the one you took in the basement cannot exceed 8 points. So Sonny who failed his check and lost 7, can only lose max 1 point this time. If you passed last time, so lost 1, if you pass again you lose another 1. If you fail you will roll a d8, but if you roll an 8, count it as 7. Let me know if that does not make sense. If you lose more than 5 points from the 2 checks, you may not act. If you lose less than 5 you may act normally.
Harrison puts the bucket of paint down, runs the Pognus across his arm and lets his blood flow into the bucket while yelling out the name "Corbitt".
ooc: everyone except Harrison,please roll a spot hidden check for me, if you did not go insane.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

1st Sanity Roll,on seeing carnage: 54% 1d100 → [52] = (52)http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4467288/ -1 Sanity
2nd Sanity Roll,for seeing Corbitt again: 53% 1d100 → [73] = (73)http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4467293/ Sanity loss: [b]1d8-1?[/b] 1d8-1 → [4,-1] = (3) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4467296/ Is this correct? If so the toatal Sanity loss for Scott is 4 points
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

ooc,no this is not correct. You still roll a d8, but the max is 7. So 4 = 4. 7 = 7, but 8 would = 7. So your total sanity loss is 5 Scott. At this point you roll an idea roll (75). If you Fail, you don't really understand what is going on and MAY act normally. If you PASS, then you understand what is going on and suffer a short term insanity. [dice]0[/dice] In this case, babbling incoherently. So roll the Idea check and hope you fail so you can act.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

At the sight of the monster that is Corbitt, Scott comes to an immediate halt suddenly nervless fingers dropping the heavy pistol to the ground.

The dead bodies strewn in wild abandon around the place hardly fased him, but as Corbitt, chin wet with blood that dribbled from its mouth turned hateful eyes toward him, something snapped. Scott's mind did a back flip as blackness consumed him...
Idea Roll,75% 1d100 → [15] = (15) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4467482/ Aw shit!
- Anais Nin
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

Sanity Checks,Sanity = 44 Sanity Check 1 = 85 FAIL Roll 1d6 = 4 Sanity Check 2 = 19 PASS Sanity = 39 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4468013/ http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4468018/
Confronted with the horror of the blood and the destruction, Charles lets out a yell and staggers a few steps back. "We can't...!" he yells, a strained tone to his voice. "It's too... The things... THE BLOOD!"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Charles,roll an Idea roll now (80). If you FAIL (81+), you may act normally. If you pass(01-80), then the enormity of it will overwhelm you and you [dice]0[/dice] Flee in Panic
ooc,oh wow, 2 down 4 to go
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

Idea Roll,Idea Roll = 44 - PASS http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4468055/
Overwhelmed by the violence and destruction, Charles turns tail and runs blindly away, as fast as his legs will carry him, yelling incomprehensibly all the while.
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

There was a sense of panic and despair spreading around, and Jordie wondered if this was what the Great War had looked like, as she saw the seasoned veteran Scott in complete shock more so by the creature, than the uniform men that laid mess. Jordie stood her ground and shifted her heels into the dirt, drawing the pistol ready to her shoulder and taking aim. Something inside her clicked, that made her raise her gun at the monster, it wasn't out of deserved justice or sheer bravery. Money didn't cross her mind, but she was ready to meet death not as an adversary, but as an equal.
1st Sanity Roll - Mass Slaughter,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4468201/]Success 33%[/url]
2nd Sanity Roll - Corbitt,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4468202/]Success 11%[/url]
Spot Hidden,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4468212/]Critical Success 1%[/url]
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Harrison saw the chaos, the bloody ichor dripping from Corbitt's claws. Though his mind reeled, he managed to steel himself for the coming confrontation.

Sanity Check,[dice]0[/dice]
Sanity Check,[dice]1[/dice]
Sanity Damage,[dice]2[/dice]
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

1st Sanity roll,[dice]0[/dice]
2nd Sanity Roll,[dice]1[/dice]
Sanity Rolls,[dice]2[/dice] +1 = 7pts of sanity damage
idea roll,[dice]3[/dice]
Ben,of course I roll a 7 on the idea roll which means I passed and u tell me what I do

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”