IC: Ch 12: The Final Showdown

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Re: IC: Ch 12: The Final Showdown

Post by BenTheRat »

Charles,well you have 20% because basically you have no training at all in using a car. I'll let you triple your chance. So 60% chance to do it right.
Richard,no he is actually facing mostly away from you. And he is really close to Harrison, if you shoot Corbitt there is a good chance to be spraying Harrison as well. You still have your pistols on you. The shotgun you had you see about 20 feet away from you in the wrong direction. You could draw your pistol and get 1 shot this round. But like I said he is really close to Harrison, don't miss.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard drops the hose and pulls out one of his pistols and starts towards Harrison & Corbitt, he tries to take an angle to give himself a better shot at hitting Corbitt next round without hitting Harrison if he misses.
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

Which one is the clutch?,ROLL = 48 - success http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4511982/
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC:   Looks like we are just waiting on Harrison again to move forward.  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Harrison bolts, trying to draw Corbitt with him and in front of the car.

OOC/ Here's a random roll in case you need one:
[dice]0[/dice]
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Scott manages to get himself off the ground as the water lets up, Richard draws his pistol but not having a safe shot at this distance hobbles over to the side of Corbitt and Harrison to get a better angle. Charles struggles with the clutch and stick but with a bit of grinding gets the car realigned to make another run at Corbitt next round. Harrison lures Corbitt out into a spot directly in front of Corbitt trying to get away, but Corbitt strikes like a serpent and attacks Harrison.
2 attacks,targets = 50%: [dice]0[/dice] 2nd attack: [dice]1[/dice]
Harrison tries to dodge out of the way and fails. One of the claws strikes home. A scream emits from Harrison's mouth. He tries to block the 2nd attack with the knife in his hand.
parry attempt,target = 25% [dice]2[/dice] FYI I used your 'roll' for the dodge attempt.
Harrison blocks the 2nd claw with the Pognus, but now isn't sure if that wasn't his target all along. He grabs the blade of the Pognus that slices into his hand, down to the bone. But you are more worried about the claw around your throat. Then you can hear the Latin he has been speaking. In these final moments when things seem lost a clarity of mind comes to you.
Damage:,2d3+1d4 = [dice]3[/dice][dice]4[/dice]
His claw scraps across your neck,doing minimal damage. He seems to have missed anything vital but blood is still flowing from you and down your chest.
Harrison,you must make a Con*5 check (60%) to stay conscious. I am going to go ahead and roll this so we can move forward, I know you are out for today. But others actions might depend on if you are awake or not. Conscious check, target = 60: [dice]5[/dice] You hear him say in Latin, Come forth oh traveler from beyond our dimension to destroy these betrayers of the King.
Everyone sees a small black spot appear near Corbitt. It is about 2 feet tall about 6 inches wide and is floating about 2 feet off the ground. It has a glowing aura of different colors around it.
Harrison appears to be hanging on, only by a thread, blood running down his neck. His hand on the hilt of the Pognus, Corbitts hand around the blade. A dark icor is running down Corbitts arm from where his hand has been cut by the blade.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC:   This starts a new round. Richard, You are directly to the side of Corbitt and Harrison. Not point blank range but close. As long as you don't fumble you should be safe to shoot. Charles you are lined up to run Corbitt down, but Harrison is right behind him. There would be almost no way to hit one without the other. Scott you are off to the side and behind Corbitt. If you want to look for a weapon make a spot hidden check. Or you are free to act any other way you like. Harrison, you are holding the pognus, one of his claws is holding the blade. If he attacks and you don't let go you may not parry and dodge would be at 1/2. If you let go, you may dodge normally. Or you may attack in some way or do something else.  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Ben,Nice action sequence there :) Can I try to rip the pognus free and stab him in the face with it?
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Harrison,you may make a str vs str resistance roll. You have the handle and he has the blade which is harder to hold, so give him a -3 to his str. So if you want to try, but he is a LOT stronger than you, you can feel that already. But its up to you.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard now with a clear shot takes aim at the side of Corbitt's head and fires off a round from his pistol.
Shot at Corbitt,Handgun 75% chance [dice]0[/dice]
Ben,you have got to be kidding me with the dice rolls here....
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Ben,Time for some heroism ;)
StrvsStr,[dice]0[/dice]

Harrison lets out a defiant roar as he tries to pull the pognus from Corbitt grasping claws.

OOC: Can I still try to attack or run like a crazy monkey?
OOC2: RIchard shot me, didn't he? :p
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

Charles holds hsi position, waiting for a chance to hit at Corbitt without dealing Harrison the coup de grace.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Harrison,it's actually too late to run. You may attack, or you may go defensive. You did pull the pognus free. FYI, you only had a 20% chance, nicely done. You don't know if Richard shot you or not. ;)
Richard,make an attack roll to shoot Harrison, 75% chance. Sorry man. If successful, roll damage.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Missed shot roll,[dice]0[/dice]
Damage roll,[dice]1[/dice]
OOC:   Oh how I hate the dice rolling on this website, Sorry Harrison  
Richard squints trying to block out all of the pain searing through his body and the blood rolling down his face, arms, & and hands.

He stands there dumb founded realizing that he shot Harrison and not Corbitt
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Dagger strike,[dice]0[/dice]

Harrison lets out a voiceless scream as he tries to plunge the pognus into Corbitt's face, but his arm seems to be failing him. Dizzily, he looks down at his chest, the torn shirt and the incredible amount of blood gushing out of it.

"Oh my..."

As he fades out, he imagines hearing the rustling of a cloak.

OOC:,No worries, mate. The dice are conspiring against us.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

Scott, now free of the water, picks himself up. Has a fast look to see what's going on and attempts to run at Corbitt. However the combination of blood and water was not good...
Ben,I assume I have the same chance as I had against Harrison 25% Grapple? 1d100 → [29] = (29) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4514828/ Missed him too!
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Charles sits by in the car, revving the engine ready to make a run at Corbitt. Richard aims carefully having a clear shot, and pulls the trigger.
But just as he does so, Harrison pulls the knife free of Corbitt's hand and stabs at him. Corbitt steps back as Harrison lunges forward, stepping right into the path of the deadly bullet. It strikes him directly in the chest. He is already dead before he looks down and sees the blood gushing out.
Scott tries to tackle Corbitt but misses. Corbitt uses one hand to rake across Harrisons dead face as he falls and uses the other to attack Scott with.
Attack on Scott,target = 50%: [dice]0[/dice]
But misses. We now have Scott and Corbitt side by side. Richard again you have a clear shot at Corbitt. Charles if you go to hit Corbitt you will probably hit Scott as well.
Richard,you need to make a sanity check for killing a friend. 0/1d6 Sanity check.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC:   Taking this back, not end of round yet. Richard, if you pass your sanity check, or roll less than 5 points sanity loss you may take a 2nd shot. Scott is still there if you want to help Corbitt out again. Sorry couldn't resist.  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard Sanity Check,[dice]0[/dice]
Richard Sanity Check,sorry first one was for damage [dice]1[/dice]
Ben,Ok my current sanity is 46 so it looks like I made my roll so I do not take any Sanity damage. Since I made my roll I assume I can fir again, if I am wrong on this please let me know
Richard 2nd Shot,chance is 75% [dice]2[/dice]
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard still beside himself that he hit Harrison refocuses his aim and takes a second shot at Corbitt and hits his mark this time.
Damage Roll,[dice]0[/dice]

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”