IC: Ch 12: The Final Showdown

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Re: IC: Ch 12: The Final Showdown

Post by Occigon »

Charles does his best to get stealthily and quickly in a police car, turn on the ignition, and head for Corbitt.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Harrison casts the brush into the bucket and stands tall inside the pentagram. He aims the pognus at Corbitt and chants in a loud voice.

"ET INCARNATUS EST DE DIIS, DONUM QUOD DEDISTI TOLLERE"

The roll,[dice]0[/dice]
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC:   Just waiting on Scott's move.  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

"Damn!" shouts Scott as he sees his shot go awry.
Gritting his teeth in cold determination, he moves crabwise away from Harrison hoping to draw Corbet's attention. As he moves he aims the pistol once more, hoping there is another shell in the cylinder.

Pistol,50% 1d100 → [69] = (69) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4504043/ missed again.
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Charles finds a police car and jumps in. The keys are still in the ignition and the engine roars to life.
Scott fires wildly, obviously worried about hitting Richard laying at the feet of Corbitt.
Richard in full defensive mode is rolling about wildly hoping to miss the deadly claws of Corbitt.
And Harrison chants in Latin.
Corbitt looks back to Harrison and takes a step towards him (away from Richard). "Traitor, The King will eat your soul for this betrayal."Corbitt then looks over at Scott and says, "Pareo!"
Scott,he has cast a dominate spell on you. To avoid it, you must pass a resistance test of your power vs his. You need a 15% or lower. Please roll. If you fail, you must follow his commands unless he asks you to kill yourself.
He then continues speaking to Scott, "Shoot the traitor Harrison."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC:   After Scott rolls, this ends the round. You may now post actions for next round. Charles, if you wish to try and run down Corbitt you need to make a Drive Auto roll. Harrison, you may try your incant again. Richard he is about 4-5 feet away from you at this point, he could possibly get 1 attack on you, but right now has his back to you. Scott your action will depend on your resistance roll.  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Harrison seems put off by Corbitt's sudden shit in attention and he mumbles the spell.

To be or not to be-not to be,[dice]0[/dice]
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

OOC,Drive Auto at 20%. This is going to be epic.
Drive Auto roll,Roll = 21 I can't believe it. I can't believe it. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4504378/
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard is holding his action to see what Corbitt does, if Corbitt starts to move towards Harrison he will blast Corbitt with the shotgun to try to get Corbitts attention back on himself, if Corbitt turns and attacks Richard, Richard will attempt to Dodge and parry again.
OOC:   I propbably will not be able to check in or post again until Sunday evening  
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC:   In an attempt speed things along.  
Scott tries his best to resist Corbitt trying to control him.
resistance check,target = 15, [dice]0[/dice]
But Corbitt's will is too strong and Scott turns the gun on Harrison and fires.
Scott shoots,target = 50%: [dice]1[/dice]
The first shot barely misses Harrison and with a click, the pistol is out of bullets.
Corbitt watches as the car barely misses him.
Car towards Richard,target = 20%: [dice]2[/dice]
Of course Charles has a hard time steering and the car misses Corbitt but instead is barreling right over Richard.
Richard,you may attempt to Dodge the oncoming car!!
Corbitt again speaks to Scott, "Tackle him, knock him out of that circle."
Scott,you may make a resistance check (20%) this turn, or you must attempt to accomplish his command.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Harrison braces himself, hoping Scott will be able to resist and cries out the incantation, but he finds his resolve lacking:

Rolling rolling rolling,[dice]0[/dice]

OOC:Aarrgh, bloody dice!!!
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Ben,15% chance to resist:1d100 → [93] = (93) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4507027/ That'll be a failure then! I can guess what's coming next...
"Damn it Richard get clear of..." Scott's eyes take on a glassy look.
OOC:   Whoops! Just noticed that my reply is somewhat unecessary as things have moved on :)  
- Anais Nin
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Resist command,1d100 → [55] = (55) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4507042/ Of course!!
Glassy eyed Scott watches his bullet go wild. He pulls the trigger and is rewarded with a click as the hammer lands on a spent chamber. Like a dreamer Scott drops the empty pistol and runs at Harrison like an enraged linebacker.
Ben,not sure what to roll. I have a 25% grapple or a 70% Fist Punch. But I don't think either of these would be right, so I'll leave it up to you. Tell me what to roll in order to comply with Corbet's instruction
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Scott,go for the grapple roll. If you are successful with the 1st roll, you have grappled him. If successful on the 1st roll, roll a 2nd one and you have tackled him out of the circle.
OOC:   Please note we are getting a little ahead of ourselves. We still need Richard to resolve the issue of the car hitting him, or him dodging it first. So lets hold off on any other actions till that happens. Dr. V is usually pretty fast to post.  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

OOC: Damn it, Ben, I'm as excited as Jim Kirk on a planet filled with naked, Irish, alien ladies up for a good spanking.
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard Dodge Roll,Dodge chance=75% roll = [dice]0[/dice] I don't think that worked so here it goes again [dice]1[/dice] well ok the first time it returned a 0 so I did the second roll, now it is returning an 87 on the first roll so it looks like I miss my dodge roll
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Dr V,yea the 0 means that is the first roll, 1 for the 2nd, etc... These show up if you edit the post. To see the result you should just view the post, not edit it.
Charles and Richard,Richard failed to dodge the car. So I'll give Charles a chance to hit the brakes before slamming into you. So Charles make a Dex*5 check.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

Dex*5 check,DEX = 6 DEX*5 = 30 ROLL = 99 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4507648/ Oh, good grief!
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Dr V,I am so sorry man, I should have just left things alone.
Charles panics as he sees Richard in the headlights. He slams on the brakes but the car lurches forward increasing speed. He realizes too late he has pushed on the gas and not the brake.
The car slams into Richard slamming into his body and launches him through the air. His limp body hitting the ground with a loud thud.
damage,3d6: [dice]0[/dice]
A loud groan lets everyone know he managed to live through the hit, but barely.
Richard,you must make a shock test. Con*5 (75%) to stay conscious. You lost your shotgun unless you roll 15% or less.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard Shock roll,[dice]0[/dice]
Ben,ok other than rolling over in pain what else am I capable of doing?

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”