IC: Ch. 10 Back into the Breach...uh I mean House

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Re: IC: Ch. 10 Back into the Breach...uh I mean House

Post by BenTheRat »

Sonny makes it to the top of the stairs, he could hear Corbitt howling behind him. The sound of his footsteps, he would swear was only 1-2 steps behind him. Everyone else was up the stairs already and Scott was already at the front door urging the others to hurry up.
The smell of smoke was everywhere in the house now and was flowing up from the quickly spreading inferno from below.
Sonny spins has he makes it though the door and slams it shut. The howling echoing in their brains was only slightly muffled by the now closed door. He quickly slides 2 of the dead bolts into place and sprints for the front door.
The 6 of you stumble out the front door and shut it behind you as well, then collapse into the front yard. No one is on the street. It is late evening already, much later than you would have thought it should have been.
It started slow, first with black oily smoke mixed in with a lot of white smoke. Then a flicker of flame coming out a window. Then as if turned on by a switch the whole house went up like a match being struck. The heat was so intense you were forced to move back to the cars.
ooc,this is over a few minutes, so if someone wants to do something between getting to the top of the stairs and this, let me know and we can write it in.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard looks to ensure that everyone has made it out then says "Maybe we should head out before the authorities show up"
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

Scott shakes his head, "That might not be a good idea. Once they find remains in the ruins, the cops will be all over this and too many people have seen us around here"
Scott nods towards the tobacco seller.
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

The tobacco seller is not currently there. His stand is locked up.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard responds "So what are we going to tell the authorities when they get here, we went in and saw a man rise from the dead and then we burned down the house?"
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

Scott shrugs, "I've no idea, perhaps Michael started the fire by accident. We tried to get to him but the fire took hold to fast. He was down in the basement alone, so none of us can really say what happened. That way we know nothing when the cops find two bodies down there - if they do of course"
Again Scott shrugs, "It's just that I don't fancy seeing my mug on a wanted poster"
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Harrison, half out of breath from fleeing the house, shrugs.

"We could tell them we were investigating the house for a private buyer, but then one of our lights malfunctioned and caused the blaze. That, or we could just get the hell out of here."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

Sonny looks around the group "We gotta get outta here, well I gotta get outta here, a black boy from the deep south be an easy collar for the keystones. I ain't hanging around.

We's being paid to investigate the house - not burn it down, can't see us getting paid for solving a problem by burning it down.

If any you want to come with me I'm going back the museum - I don't want to see the inside of a cell

he heads off towards one of the cars.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard starts walking towards the cars as well and chooses to follow Harrison and get in the same car as him. Saying softly to him as they are going to the cars, "I have a little experiment to check on I would like you to be a part of. It should only take a minute on the way back to the museum."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

As you are discussing fleeing the scene or sticking around a car drives by, and you hear sirens in the distance. They sound like they are getting closer.
You also notice a couple people at the corner grocer out on the sidewalk looking at the fire.
ooc,if you are leaving please let me know and where you are going. If you are staying please state that as well.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

Charles heads off with Sonny.
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard gets in a car and shouts out "If you are leaving you need to get in now" After waiting a moment for others to get in Richard drives off to the musem making sure he is not being followed.
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Jordie shruggs her shoulders, "I guess there's no where else better to be, then jail." Though of course, there's one person out there she'd like to drop by and give him a piece of her mind.
OOC,Sorry for not posting, like usual busy with school but I always check up on what you guys are up to on my phone. Making a quick post to say I'm still alive.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Harrison rides with Richard.

"You don't have any cigarettes, do you? What's the experiment?"
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Jordie,so were you staying and waiting for the cops/firemen, or are you going with the others? Your post wasn't real clear.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

OOC:   If Jordie chose to leave you can have her in the car with Harrison and I but I believe we have 3 cars there I cant rember  
Richard reply's to Harrison "Sorry I don't smoke so a don't have any cigaretes. I want to drive around for a few minutes then drive back and see if the house is still on fire. I have a feeling it may not be and this is all some type of illusion or mind trick being played on us. I just want someone else to be with me when we go back so I am not the only one to witness it if it is true."
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

OOC,Oh oops, haha. I guess that comma placement makes it seem awkward. Yes, I'm going with everybody else.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Scott's standing there, "Crap I think we should stay guys. But I sure as hell ain't staying here alone." He goes and gets in the car with Sonny and Charles.
As you pull away you pass a fire truck and police car heading to the scene. The fire truck stops and starts battling the scene, but it looks pretty useless.
Richard-Harrison-Jordie,as the 3 of you turn the corner you circle around the block and come back by. When you come around again, you see the fire is still going on and the firemen are still fighting it.
Charles, Scott and Sonny head back to the museum. You get out of your car and head into the basement when you see the others pull up in their car. They obviously took a wrong turn to have been so far behind you.
When you walk into the basement Ms. Patton is sitting at her desk on the phone. "Yes I understand, yes, I'll let him know. Thank you."
She nods for you to head back to the lounge.
When you get there Dr. Chambers is in the room smoking a cigar and drinking a whiskey.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

"So much for mind tricks I guess its back to the museum" Richard says as he starts in the direction of the museum.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"I was pretty sure about that fire, man.", he says, still unhappy about his lack of cigarettes.

When they arrive at the museum, Harrison goes in, greets Mrs. P. and goes into the drawing room and pours himself a scotch.

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”