IC: Ch. 10 Back into the Breach...uh I mean House

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Re: IC: Ch. 10 Back into the Breach...uh I mean House

Post by Silver Priest »

Michael screams as the dead thing rises the wrongness of it briefly terrifying him. Luckily for him, his brain immediately goes into crisis mode, as it had so many times during his time on the force. On instinct, he lifts his gun up and fires a bullet into the perpetrator, hoping to neutralize the threat.
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Lost in the antiquity of the book, Jordie jumped in shock as she heard a howl echo in the room. Whipping her Mauser around and leaning the stock into her shoulder, she had hoped the light would help extinguish the horrid figure sitting up. In disbelief, the muzzle flashed and Jordie closed her eyes as the first shot missed it's mark. She squeezed another round while still blinded, and finally hit what was there.
Sanity Check 55%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4413402/]Success 15%[/url]
Handgun(x2) 60%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4413432/]1st shot 77% Failure; 2nd shot 22% Success[/url]
Handgun Damage 1d8+2,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4413448/]10 dmg points[/url]
OOC,I haven't played in combat for awhile, and I think my second shot takes place at 1/2 DEX Turn in the 1st round I believe. Don't have my books with me at the moment, so correct me if I'm wrong.
Last edited by DetectiveSocks on Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Jordie,yes you would be correct. It goes, guns that are ready. Then dex, then 1/2 dex. His dex is so low, I wanted to make it easier for everyone if you just do all your attacks, then I'll do his if he is still up. ;)
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

OOC BenTheRat,You make it sound so [i]easy[/i] :roll:
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Occigon »

Sanity Check,Roll = 40 - PASS http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4413692/
As Corbitt sits up and screeches, Charles replies with a startled yell of his own. Getting a hold of himself, he throws himself to the ground to avoid the gunfire and shouts out, "Scott, get down here! Now!"
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

San check,San[51]: fail http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4414050/ San loss: 7 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4414051/
Sonny stands staring at the figure as it screams into life. His trumpet poised by his lips, forgotten. Shock drains the color form his face
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

Ears ringing from the loudness of gunfire in a confined area, nose assailed by the sharp smell of cordite, Scott shouts back at Charles. "Already here"
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Sonny,make an idea check, you want to fail.
ooc,as soon as Dr V and Dr P post on their actions, we can move on.
Michael,I have you at only 5 hit points. Did you get healed and I forgot to update you?
Jordie,FYI, you roll sanity on your current sanity. You put 55 as your target, when it should have been 50. Now its 49. You still passed easily, but wanted to let you know. On your character sheets, I'm keeping track of your sanity and hit points.
Charles,I have you at 6 hit points. Did you not get first aid after your last injury? Or did I forget to update you?
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

Ben - OOC,Hmm, I think it's possible I didn't. Couldn't find the reference, in any case, so let's presume I didn't.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

ooc,I think I never used first aid after Michael's latest tumble down the stairs, so he's probably only at five.
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

+++ Sorry for the Delay +++

Richard who had prepared for this type of event takes a shot at Corbitt
Sanity Roll,[dice]0[/dice]
Shot with gun Roll,[dice]1d/100[/dice]
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

second try at shot roll,not sure why the previous post would not do the second roll so I will try here [dice]1d/100[/dice]
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

OOC:,Jeez, I'm away for a day and pandemonium is unleashed :D
San roll,[dice]0[/dice]

Harrison swears and fumbles in his pockets for the vial. He takes a few steps back, away from all the people wielding guns and focusses on Corbitt's corpse as summons the words to mind.

Having dipped his finger in the potion, Harrison draws a strange symbol on his hand and starts chanting.

"Ego in virtute Yog-Sogoth et siti, inimica mea usque ad mortem"
Last edited by DrPeterson on Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Ben,not sure why i cant get the dice to work here so i went to invisible castle for the gun roll [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4414963/[/url] this is a success
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Dr V,you are putting it in as 1d/100 and it should be 1d100. Roll damage, and you get a 2nd shot as well.
Harrison,you actually draw it on your hand, not in the air. This version of the spell cost you 4 magic points and costs 1d6 sanity. You must also make a magic point resistance check vs Corbitt. You need to roll low for this to work.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Ben,thx for figuring out my issue LOL my damage roll for the 1st shot that hit is [dice]0[/dice]
second shot,roll to hit [dice]1[/dice] this was a hit as well here is the damage roll [dice]2[/dice]
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard shoots twice and puts to slugs into Corbitt
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Sanity loss,[dice]0[/dice]
Magic point resistance,[dice]1[/dice]
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

The hail storm of bullets rocks the small room. The sound deafening. Sonny's trumpet is limp in his arm as he is mumbling incoherently. Harrison is speaking in Latin.
After a few seconds you notice the bullets are falling to the ground and not even hitting him.
He leaps off the table, right in front of Michael. A look of delight crosses his face as he looks around. His dried up husk of a tongue comes out and appears to be licking his lips in an odd way.
OOC:   Attacks, 2 attacks on Michael. 50% x 2: [dice]0[/dice],
2nd attack [dice]1[/dice]  
Michael screams out in pain as one of his dirty claws rips into his midsection.
damage,2d3+1d4 = [dice]2[/dice] + [dice]3[/dice]
Then Michael slumps into Corbitts arms as the horrid creature bites into his neck and appears to be drinking his blood.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”