IC: Ch 9. Time for a Plan

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Re: IC: Ch 9. Time for a Plan

Post by DrPeterson »

Harrison had given Sonny a dark look when he blew his trumpet so loud, but his face significantly brightened at the mention cancelling the casting.

"Ok, so we've established daylight as a necessity. I suggest we go in tomorrow when the sun is at its highest and bring crowbars and whatnot to remove the boarding in the cellar. Sonny should bring his trumpet, just in case it might actually work.
The idea is that we break open the cellar and shine a light in the most literal sense on what is in there. Right?
"

Harrison finishes his coffee and gets a new one.

"If we agree on this, that gives us some more time to research Corbitt and me to further look for clues in Eibon's tome."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Occigon »

"Sounds good to me," says Charles. "I might as well ask, Mrs. Patton, given that it worked well with the flying knife - would you have thick, heavy bolt of cloth around, by any chance, which we might be able to use to catch any other flying blades we might encounter?"
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"Wait, we caught the knife? Where is it?" her eyes gleam in eagerness.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

"Why, we left it here. Do you have it, Mrs. Patton?"
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

Still smiling, Scott takes Sonny's offered hand, "Hi Sonny, Scott. Trumpet player huh? Have I heard you play?"
When Harrison mentions returning to the house tomorrow, the smile turns to a look of disapointment. "Tommorow? Aww shucks why wait so long?"
At mention of the flying knife that had so nearly killed the reporter his face brightens, "You have the knife here? Can I see it?"
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Ms. Patton brings out a crate and opens it. Inside you can see a table cloth in a bundle.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

With the prospect of antiquity to be had, Jordie's curiosity got the best of her, as she wonders if it's the infamous treasure she's been after. Jordie unravels the table cloth in fervour motion.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Scott moves forward to get a better view of the object that Jordie is eagerly unwrapping. A hint of concern enters his voice, "Given what happened to your colleague, do you think that unwrapping it is a good idea?"
- Anais Nin
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Jordie shrugs her shoulders, "It'll make a good conversation piece."
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Nervous the knife will spark to life again, Michael prepares to throw himself on it if it makes any sudden movements.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

The knife is just laying there in the box.

Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Holding the knife up, Jordie shifts it's orientation in the light as she studies the knife up closely. It's bizarre how the handle is longer than the blade itself, however the hilt is decorated with skulls. Doesn't appear to be meant for fighting, although, Warren would say otherwise. Rather, it appears to be more ceremonial in nature than anything else. No lineage to draw from, no hint of origin it may appear from. Jordie isn't quite sure what she's looking at.
History 60%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4362076/]Failure 91%[/url]
Occult 5%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4362091/]Failure 30%[/url]
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Jordie,you may attempt a Cthulhu mythos roll.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

BenTheRat,Nobody has [i]Cthulhu Mythos[/i] except for [b]Harrison/Dr.Peterson[/b]
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Jordie,I'm pretty sure everyone got 5% at the chapel. Yea I just found it, its in the status report I put on page 12 of the chance meeting at the chapel thread. So everyone got the base 5% for the chapel, the spells and the summoning thing.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

"I say we wrap the knife back in the table cloth and lock it back in the box, there is a connection between the house, or something in it, and that knife. I do not want the knife anywhere near the house while we are there" chimes in Richard who has noticed Jordies odd particular interest in the knife.
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Scott peers at the knife that Jordie has uncovered and doesnt like what he is seeing, it might be just imagination but it seems to exude evil.

At Jordie's odd behaviour in the face of something about which the others had described with a mixture of fear and trepidation, he takes a small step backwards in an attempt to increase the distance between himself and the knife which they had said had come to life and almost ended that of the reporter Warren Kaine who lay in a coma at the hospital.

A film of cold sweat covered his forehead, it felt like the temperature in the room had dropped significantly. He swallowed dryly, feeling as he had over in France before an attack, "Yeah, cover the damn thing up".
- Anais Nin
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Harrison looks at the knife with a rather bored look and then looks at his companions.

Listen, we could stand here looking at a knife all day, or we could arm us for the coming confrontation. We need to know more about Corbitt and we need crowbars, hammers and pickaxes.

He downs his coffee and hobbles over to the table, picking up his bag.

"I'm going to go and get a few more hours of sleep. Then I'll get back to the Book of Eibon to see if I can figure out something more.

Shall we meet back here in the morning?
"
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"Oh don't be silly, we can't just lock up a piece of history from the face of the Earth." Jordie looks over to Scott, "I thought you were into this spooky monkey talk Scott, the day has barely started and you're cold feet already?
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard walks over to Jordie and takes the knife from her, wraps it in the blanket, and places it back in the box and locks the box.
He then turns to Jordie and says "Look you can do whatever you want with the knife after we are done with the house but until then it stays in the box unless something specific says that we need it to resolve the issue at the house."

"Ms Patton did you have any luck digging up those tools, the crowbars & hammers? sounds like we might need some digging tools as well, shovels, picks, maybe some extra rope and some pullies"
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”