IC: Ch 9. Time for a Plan

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

IC: Ch 9. Time for a Plan

Post by BenTheRat »

Date: March 23, 1921, 1 PM

As each person arrives about 1 or a little before, you see Ms. Patton, Harrison and Scott are all there. Ms. Patton has a nice lunch laid out.
Harrison looks really tired, like he has been there with very little sleep.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Re: IC: Ch 9. Time for a Plan

Post by Occigon »

Charles enters, refreshed by the rest. "Hello, all. Quite a repast you've laid out for us, Ms. Patton!" He sits down at the table. "How are we this morning? You're looking a bit worse for the wear, Harrison."
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"I'm doing excellent, thank you Charles," matching her diction with Charle's refined manners. Jordie turns to Ms.Patton, "Ms. Patton, do you have today's copy of the Boston Globe?"
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Harrison looks at Charles with bloodshot eyes.

"Sleep is the domain of the unenlightened soul."

He holds on to his coffee cup like it's a buoy in a stormy sea.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

"So yours is the look of enlightenment?" asks Charles, with eyebrows raised. "I'd imagined it looking a little different. Less... desperate. But in any case - care to share your enlightenment with us?"
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

TA-TA-TA-TA-TAH!

A fan-fare blasts from the door way and Sonny strolls through, his trumpet still to his lips, he plays an upbeat excerpt from a tune that is a favourite at the underground jazz clubs. He stops with a flourish and beams around the room "Howdy everyone, we all feeling rested and ready to battle the devil?"

He turns to Jordie, his demeanour and tone becoming more serious "What's the news from the hospital, how bad is Warren?
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

You see a copy of the Boston Globe on one of the tables.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Still to shaken to really comment on Sonny's performance, Michael grabs the Globe and begins scanning the paper for any information on their escapades.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Harrison finishes his coffee and leans back in his seat. He tries to rub the fatigue from his eyes, but it only results in them looking even more bloodshot.

"The book is an account of the travels and life of Eibon of Hyperborea. Hyperborea being some mystical place. An island in between two great continents, somewhat reminiscent of the legend of Atlantis.

Eibon himself was a great sorcerer and alchemist. So great that he could extend his life into the centuries. I won't bore you with the details, but a lot of Eibon's magic or of the things he encountered worked with sacrifices, mostly blood sacrifices.
"

He gets up out of his seat and drags himself over to the coffee, his limp still not entirely gone. After having refreshed his coffee supply, he turns around and leans heavily against the table.

"
Eibon worshipped the great deity Zhothaqquah, a Great Old One who is also know as the Sleeper of N'kai.
Eibon also infiltrated a cult. The cult used an ancient artifact known as the "Shining Trapezohedron" to summon a terrible being from the depths of time and space. He was able to defeat the creature by countering his spells using a melody that cancelled its harmonic casting.

Then there's talk of another cult, one that would awaken the Haunter of the Dark, an avatar of Nyarlathotep, by gazing into the glowing crystal. Summoned from the black gulfs of chaos, this being could show other worlds, other galaxies, and the secrets of arcane and paradoxical knowledge; but he demanded monstrous sacrifices, hinted at by disfigured skeletons that were later found in the church. The Haunter of the Dark was banished by light and could not cross a lighted area.
"

Harrison grins.

"That's about the gist of it."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Bouncing off with sunshine and rainbow, Sonny's dramatic entry caught Jordie a little off guard. "H-He's getting better but he's not waking up for a while. Warren's in a coma."
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Michael,make a spot hidden check for me.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Michael,you find a very small notice buried deep in the paper about[i] a fire truck was dispatched to downtown Boston but turned out to be a non-situation. [/i] That is all it said.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

After throwing Sonny a dirty look, Charles turns to Harrison, nonplussed. "And there was nothing about how all of these spirits and whatnot can be banished forever by garlic? Something nice and easy to put into practice?
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"Huh. Look at this. Says here a fire truck was sent downtown yesterday but it turned out to be a false alarm. I wonder if that's related to what happened in the house."

Michael points out the brief mention to anyone who wants to look at it.

Raising his eyebrows at Harrison's explanation, Michael seems a bit skeptical.

"I can't say I understood much of what you just said. Still, if you can make enough sense out of all that and find away to exorcise this ghost, I'll be happy."
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

DrPeterson wrote:"Then there's talk of another cult, one that would awaken the Haunter of the Dark, an avatar of Nyarlathotep, by gazing into the glowing crystal. Summoned from the black gulfs of chaos, this being could show other worlds, other galaxies, and the secrets of arcane and paradoxical knowledge; but he demanded monstrous sacrifices, hinted at by disfigured skeletons that were later found in the church. The Haunter of the Dark was banished by light and could not cross a lighted area."
"Light... It can't be that easy, could it?" Jordie mumbles to herself. Her voice steadily rises, "The basement windows were boarded up and the door leading down was also locked," Jordie scratches her head.

Looking across the room and casting a playful smile to Sonny, "If Sonny can brighten anybody's day, he's our guy for the job," Jordie chuckles to herself lightheartedly.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

"Hi all" Scott flashes the friendliest smile he can muster and taps the military style satchel that he wears around his neck, "A few practicals. Bandages etc incase anyone else wants to try wrestling with a possessed knife" He begins to laugh but from the looks he is being thrown thinks better of it.
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

I'm sorry to hear that, I truly pray he can recover from his wounds and that they aren't too grievous

He turns back to Harrison "Well maybe Miss Jordie has the right of it - let's see if we can get some sun light down there. I was also intrigued about the bit where you mentioned disrupting the spell with a melody. Might be that my lips could stop this thing from weirding the things around us!

He turns to Scott "Hey fella, don't rightly know who you are or what you're doing here?" he casts a quizzical eye over the rest of the group "Ms Patton did you invite this young man?"

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Ms. Patton looks over at Scott, "I think someone said they recruited him to help with emergency first aid, after what happened to dear Mr. Warren."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

Oh right! Well can't say I'm upset to have threadman with us. My names Sonny, Sonny Goodman he proffers his hand and his big beaming smile.

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”