IC: Ch 9. Time for a Plan

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Re: IC: Ch 9. Time for a Plan

Post by Silver Priest »

Michael contents himself with another round of ammo for his pistol. He had no doubt they'd be well armed. Whether or not it would make a difference was another matter.

He smiles at Sonny. "Speak-easy huh? I've closed down a few of those in my time. Now however... I think I could use a drink and some music. I'll go with you.
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Occigon »

OOC - Ben,Charles had asked Mrs. Patton if she had another thick, heavy bolt of cloth.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Charles,I thought at some point she had provided 2 thick burlap sacks, and asked if those were ok. If I never posted that, sorry and assume she gave them to you.
OOC:   OK, I'd like to get this moving if the 3 of you are going to the occult shop, please do so here.
For those going to the speak easy, nothing major happens. You spend a $2 on drinks, Sonny makes $5 playing his trumpet.
Harrison already did his bit. The rest I don't think were planning anything.  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

When Jordie is done with the knife Richard takes it wraps it up again places it back into the box and ask Ms Patton for a lock and key for the box. After locking the box he places the key inside a pocket inside his vest which has a zipper which he zips closed and then holds the case in his left hand and Says "I am ready when the rest of you are."
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC:   Dr. V you are jumping a bit quick. You need to work out getting the knife. Jordie has it. Are you going to ask for it, try and grab it, or knock her out and take it?  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

All,my mistake I thought Jordie was done looking at the knife for a second time
Richard says "may I have the knife when you are done looking at it Jordie?"
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Nope.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard gets a curious look on his face "Excuse me? May I ask why?"
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Wednesday. It's Wednesday.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

All,sorry socks I could not make out your post was that Jordies answer to Richards question in game or were you just stating the day current day of the week? Thanks in advance.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Sensing a standoff between the 2, Ms. Patton steps in, "Here deary, why don't you let me hold onto this, till you can figure out what to do with it."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard says to Ms Patton "It is greatly appreciated Ms Patton just make sure that it stays under lock and key. I was stabbed by it as well as several of the rest of us and don't want to see that happen again."
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

OOC,It was [b]Jordie[/b] deflecting the question. Also, if the knife is gonna be placed here than there's no reason for me to go to the Occult Shop then.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

Scott, relieved that the tension between Richard and Jordie seems to be dropping, smiles, "So if that's over, are we going to this Occult Shop or not?"
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Jordie,I know, maybe if you explained what your plan was they would go with it. Ms. Patton isn't forcing anything, but we need to get things moving.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

OOC,In the beginning of the game, there was a lot of hype going around the knife that seemed to be important to the cult. [b]Tom Lawrence[/b] was also looking for the knife as well. Whatever the knife is, I just speculate it's only important for the ritual that [b]Corbitt[/b] performed. I know that [b]Lawrence[/b] lived at the house at one point, and went around asking questions about the knife. I just wanna find out if the knife is authentic and whether or not it could actually be a game-changer in this scenario. I knew there was a knife in the basement beforehand, and stayed at a distance as you guys wrestled with it, as I've GM'd this scenario and played it several times. I won't spoil anything for you guys ;). I like to think that I know what I'm doing.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Jordie,I understand all that, and appreciate that. But IN GAME, these guys don't understand whats going on. They all want to lock it up and you keep grabbing it and wanting to leave with it. And when asked, you avoid the questions. I'd rather you guys resolve this through roleplay. Even if its no more than a 'trust me' statement. But at this stage, I doubt that would work. Just role-play it. Right now we have a few players being active, while everyone else is inactive. This is bad. We have done nothing for a week, we need to get this moving. Please respond in game, not out of game. I assume right now you are standing there, holding the knife with a glazed look on your face.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

OOC,I only have time to post in late evenings, so I can't imagine things to progress any faster. Go ahead and jump to the next day because I feel like I killed the mood of roleplaying. I feel like there's a lot of pressure on me at this point, so I just don't care anymore.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Jordie hands the knife over to Ms. Patton who locks it in the box and walks out of the room with the box, and returns a few minutes later. "There we go, safe and sound."
Scott mentions going to the Occult store, but Jordie just says it can wait.
Everyone goes off their separate ways and then meets at the house at 11 am the next morning.
OOC:   This thread seems to be causing problems, so I'm going to just end it here and move onto tomorrows scene.
Please go here.  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”