Page 1 of 1

IC: Ch 8. Back to the Museum -1

Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:26 am
by BenTheRat
Date: March 22, 1921, 9 PM

As you walk in Ms. Patton has just handed the phone to Harrison. He looks like he hasn't moved much in the hours since you've been gone.

Re: IC: Ch 8. Back to the Museum -1

Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:38 pm
by DrPeterson
Harrison indeed looks rather frazzled.

He's speaking into the receiver acknowledges you with a nod as you enter.

"Yes, this is Harrison. What's wrong?"
"What? Warren? Keep calm, Jordie, where are you now? The others are just filing in as we speak.

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:14 am
by DrVendetta
"Ms Patton we are going to need some rope to tie this rug around the knife under this blanket and then a solid box, preferable made of metal that we can lock it in" Richard says to Ms Patton as they all walk in.

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:05 am
by DrPeterson
Harrison continues on the phone.

His surgery? What happened? How is it?
Do you want me to come over?
A big hole in his chest?! Did he get shot? Listen, I'll be over shortly, you shouldn't be out there alone.

He covers the receiver and looks at the others.

"What happened out there?"

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:03 pm
by BenTheRat
Ms. Patton jumps up, almost spilling her evening tea, and runs out of the room. She returns a short time later with a metal box. It has some weird runes and carvings on it. "Put it in here, this will keep it safe."
If you place the knife in the box she will shut the lead and lock it, handing the key over.

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:36 pm
by Silver Priest
Michael carefully places the knife in the box.

In response to Harrison, he looks a little embarrassed, fully aware his story will sound like that of a madman.

"Well, the place is haunted after all. We were down in the basement when that knife came to life and stabbed Warren. Richard and Charles managed to subdue it, but it wasn't easy. I get the feeling none of this will be. We're going to need all the help we can get, so I hope you've learned something in that book of yours."

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:55 pm
by DrVendetta
After the knife is safely locked in the box Richard walks over to the bar and pours himself a double shot of Tequila and downs it to calm his nerves.
"So who wants to hold the key?" Richard ask

As Richard is waiting on an answer he looks to Ms Patton and ask "We are going to need two crow bars, a hammer, some rope, and maybe some spikes to spike a door shut, would you have any of those items here that we could use?"
OOC:   Ben I am assuming that the basement had a dirt floor please let me know if this is wrong  

Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:47 am
by BenTheRat
OOC:   never mentioned it, it is an earthen floor.  

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:02 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard waits for Harrison to finish the phone call to fill him in on everything.
When Harrison hangs up the phone he ask "So how is he doing?"

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:49 pm
by DrPeterson
'Not good."

Harrison looks you all over and frowns.

"That sounds pretty..uhm...I'm not even sure there's a word for what you guys encountered."

He puts on his coat as he speaks and goes to collect his notes, a dictionary and the dusty book, the latter he handles with delicate care.

"I'm going to go there and wait withJordie. I might have learned a few useful things from the book, but I have to tie up some loose ends in the translation first. I figure I need another half a day or so."

Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:56 am
by Silver Priest
"I'm going with you." Michael declares, still feeling partly responsible for Warren's fate.

"As for the book, hopefully whatever mumbo jumbo you've learned will be the key to solving this mess. We've not exactly had much luck so far."

Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:35 am
by DrPeterson
He smiles.

"I hope so too, but I doubt it... Let's go."

Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:44 pm
by Occigon
"Well, I'm not staying here while everyone's at the hospital," declares Charles. "Heigh-ho for the emergency ward once more."

Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:38 pm
by BenTheRat
Everyone going to the hospital go to this thread here.

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:59 am
by DrPeterson
Harrison went out and drove to the hospital with whoever else wanted to.

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:05 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard goes with Harrison.

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:11 pm
by Papa Gateau
Sonny pours himself a large drink, grabs his saxophone and sits down in the deep leather sofa.

You guys go ahead to the hospital, I don't think we all need to go there. I'm a gonna stay here - tell Ms. P what we been up to. he starts to quietly warm up his sax before playing a slow down-tempo, minor key blues infused tune. Exorcising himself of the last few days mayhem and madness with his music.

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:06 am
by BenTheRat
Sonny,I thought you played the trumpet? either way get back 1 sanity point.

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:52 am
by Papa Gateau
ooc,yes you're correct trumpet not sax

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:04 pm
by BenTheRat
Sonny, you get a call from the hospital about 11 pm. Looks like Warren will live but is in a coma for at least another week. The plan is to call it a night and meet back up at the museum at 1 pm to make a plan.

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:30 am
by BenTheRat
OOC:   Sonny if you want to do anything at the museum before going home for a good night sleep post here.
Otherwise move to here.