IC: Ch 7b. A deathly wound (Jordie and Warren)

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Re: IC: Ch 7b. A deathly wound (Jordie and Warren)

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"A hot shower would be nice right now," returning the smile to Harrison. Leading the way through the door, Jordie follows the doctor.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by BenTheRat »

The doctor leads you into a private room. Warren is in the bed. His color has returned somewhat, but he is still very pale.

He seems to be having some difficulty breathing, and his chest is tightly wrapped with clean white bandages.
"I can't go into details with you about his specific injuries, lets just say he is a very lucky man to even be alive. I don't know what kind of game you people are playing, but after last night and this incident, if I see one more of you in here, I'll be forced to report it to the police." The doctor says staring at each of you, "now don't stay long, we are past visiting hours already. You can stay a few minutes, but he won't be waking up anytime soon."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"Thanks doc." Michael replies with a nod. Frankly he's tempted to take the man's advise and forget all of this. But he can't just walk away. Not after confronting true evil.

After the doctor leaves, he looks over at the unconscious Warren. "We're going to take care of things Warren. I promise. We'll get to the bottom of whatever this thing is and send it straight back to hell." He did not feel anywhere near as confident as he hoped he sounded.
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Occigon »

Looking at Warren's prone form, Charles is confronted by the challenges that still await them if they are to continue investigating this evil. "How are we going to take care of things?" he asks in a small voice. "Returning to the house and getting more of us nearly killed?"
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Harrison's gaze lingers on Warren's prone form as he speaks.

"I need to know exactly what happened. Not just the flying dagger, but everything that led up to it, and what happened after it stabbed Warren. Run it by me slowly, if you will, every minute detail you can remember."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

Charles briefly summarizes the events that led up to Warren's stabbing.
OOC,I understand that this cop-out is acceptable and that DrPetersen can now read the relevant thread?
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

ooc,yes this acceptable, so now its up to Dr. P to read. If you told him the specific thread that might help
As you recite the tale, and are coming to the conclusion, everyone here should make a listen check.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Harrison listens attentively to the tale of their exploits in the house.
However, he is too lost in thought to hear anything else.
Listen check 25%,[dice]0[/dice]
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

Listen Check,Rolled 33 - FAIL http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4346882/
Charles, telling the story, does not hear anything.
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard listens closely as he was not present when the knife was flying about.
He adds what he found walking around the outside of the house when the time comes to it in the story.
Listen check,[dice]0[/dice]this is a success
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Richard,you hear a noise outside the door, you can tell by the breathing, there is someone out there listening to the story as well.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Looking over Warren's lifeless body Jordie stares involuntarily too long, holding her breath without realizing it. Scarred, stained, and chewed out. Everything had been done to him that anybody could think of. Earthly and otherworldly.

"Makes you wonder whether a fat twenty in your pocket is worth it at the end of the day," Jordie goes to the window and pries it open for fresh air. However, some uninvited party crashers were outside the door that Jordie could hear.
Listen 45%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4347082/]Success 25%[/url]
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard subelty positions himself to make a move for the door and detain whoever is listening in.
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

As the story winds down, Jordie opens the window. It is a cold night. The temperature in the room quickly drops.
Richard moves a bit closer to the door and you can still hear someone out there.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard makes his move for the door ready to drag whoever is behind it into the room and silence him/her
Ben,let me know what type of roll you need if one is needed
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Richard steps into the doorway and surprises the young man out there. He is good looking, dark hair, mid-20's, big and strong. Though not as big as you Richard, but probably as strong. He is wearing clothes you might see an orderly wear at the hospital. In fact you are pretty sure you remember him helping out treating some of you last night when the whole group was in there for medical treatment. He has a name tag on that says Scott.
He quickly recomposes himself. "Sorry just coming to check on Warren."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"Do you think he'll be waking up soon?" Jordie addressing the orderly that just walked in, as the fresh air cuts in through the stuffy and crowded room.
Psychology 25%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4347543/]Failure 35%[/url]
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Listen,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4347566/]Listen (50%) (1d100=4)[/url]
Michael hears the eavesdropper as well, though by the time he reacts Richard has taken care of it. He attempts to examine the orderly to discern his motives.
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard lets Scott in to check on Warren but then clearly stands in front of the door to ensure that he does not leave.

After Scott answers Jordie's question Richard ask "So do you always listen at the door of your patients Scott?"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

The young man goes over to Warren laying in the bed. "Oh, he will be out at least a week, he just lost way too much blood." He picks up his wrist and checks his pulse, checks the needle in his arm and the medicines being dripped down to him. Then he adds, "Too bad you didn't have someone with you who could have treated him when he first got injured."
As he turns to leave he is confronted with Richard's question, "Sorry, but ghost stories have always fascinated me, and when I heard haunted house, ghost and floating knifes as I approached, I couldn't help myself, I think its fascinating."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”