IC: Ch 7b. A deathly wound (Jordie and Warren)

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

DrVendetta
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Re: IC: Ch 7b. A deathly wound (Jordie and Warren)

Post by DrVendetta »

Ben,here is a psych roll for if I think he is telling the truth or not [dice]0[/dice]this failed as I only have a 5% chance
"So what do you think of the story so far?" Richard ask of Scott, "Have you heard of this house before or anyone else who may have been similarly injuried?"
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by BenTheRat »

You can't get a good read on him one way or the other, but his appearance appears to be of genuine excitement.
"Well like I said, I think it is just great," he gulps and looks around at everyone. "Need an extra hand, I'd love to tag along. Looks like you could use someone who knows how to deal with an injury."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

Charles looks, alarmed, between Richard and Scott, then whispers to Jordie, "This is a bit too much of a coincidence, no?"
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

"I say we take him along, guys. If he's keen to go and with his skills, I think it'll be all right."

Harrison seems almost too enthusiastic to take a stranger along.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Whispering back to Charles, "So long as we not mention our fair cut, I'm happy letting other's do all the muscle." Jordie playfully nudges Charles, "They're the brawn and we're the brains," Jordie giggles to herself.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

Charles rolls his eyes. "Precious little use brains are when a disembodied knife is slashing at you. But I take your point."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"That is just swell of you. I think I'm caught up, is there anything else I need to know about. I need to get a small first aid kit together. When are you going back out there?" He says.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

"Why don't you go get your supplies and come back we will be here at least another 30 minute" Richard says

Richard waits for Scott to leave the room then he goes to the door to make sure he is really gone

"So do we trust this guy? I mean it would be nice to have some first aid assistance out in the field and he's not a small guy either but I am not sure that he isnt a plant other than I believe he was one of the guys that worked on us the first night" Richard ask of the others while he keeps and eye on the door for others
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"I did not see anything remiss in his behavior, but I can't be sure. The fact that he helped us that first night when we were injured leads me to believe he's telling the truth. But we've already been burnt by trusting to readily. Still, what are the chances anyone connected to the reverend would be working here? I say we take him."
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

Charles speaks. "We can take him, but let's be cautious. No giving him information he doesn't need - or hasn't eavesdropped already. And no one stays alone with him."
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

"I am ok with it" Richard says

He then turns to the others and says "Ok so what has all of your research uncovered so far while we have been out getting our asses handed to us"
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"You should get your asses handed to you more slowly."

Harrison shrugs as he fishes for a cigarette.

"There's some references to cults and chained up skeletons and you name it, but I'll need at least the better part of tomorrow morning to get my head around it."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"A man named Walter Corbitt is buried inside that funhouse." Jordie digs out the small journal entitled 'Chapel of Contemplation & Church of Our Lord Granter of Secrets - Official Minutes'. Flipping the pages and points to a specific note, "Not sure why, but apparently it's with the wishes of the one who waits in the dark. But the thing is, he did some sort of ritual that involved little children, and this fool died in the process. Still not sure what their little game is."
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Shortly after Scott comes back. He is carrying a bag with a shoulder strap on it. "I'm ready to go" Scott says as he walks in the room. "I'm not sure I caught all your names."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

"Well Harrison when will you be ready to go back, you tell us the time and we can all meet at the musem or the house your choice?" Richard says
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

"I'm Charles," he says briefly, extending his hand to Scott, still not entirely trusting him.
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

On the tip of Jordie's tongue, was that same rehearsed routine she has given to every man that has asked her name. Catching herself in that awkward gasp, Jordie keeps to herself and remains silent.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"I'm going back to the museum. Maybe you should all get some kip. I'll see you there around one pm tomorrow."

As he turns to go, he smiles at Scott.

I'm Harrison, by the way, welcome on board.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Scott shakes and greets everyone's hands. He just calls Jordie 'miss' since she didn't offer her name. After Harrison says 1 pm tomorrow he looks a bit disappointed. "Oh, you're not going back tonight?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"If you want to go to a haunted house at night be my guess. We'll be by to retrieve your body in the morning." Michael spoke bluntly, partly because he did not trust Scout fully, but mostly because he was very naive to the dangers he was about to face. It was crucial he learned quickly.

"If you intend to help us, you do what we say. Simple as that. We have experience with this ghost. You don't, and could wind up getting yourself and the rest of us killed if you do something stupid."

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”