IC: Ch 7a: Into the House +1

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Re: IC: Ch 7a: Into the House +1

Post by BenTheRat »

Warren,as the flashlight rolls on the floor, the beam of light hits something that glints in the midst of all the debris.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Spot hidden=45

[dice]0[/dice]
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Occigon »

Spoiler:
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

Clenching his teeth and trying to ignore the pain, Charles gets to his feet. "Are you ok?" he asks Michael.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine
I bend down to retrieve the flashlight and see what glinted, "Heads up guys, what's this?"
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Warren - Charles - Michael,as the 3 of you retreive the flashlight and get on your feet you go over to investigate what glinted in the pile of rubbish everywhere. It appears to be metal, probably the blade of a knife.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"I've been better." Michael admits, slowly getting to his own feet. "This is the second time we've fallen a painful distance. I really hope this doesn't become a habit."

Seeing the object Warren pointed at, Michael shrugs. "It looks like a knife."
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

The errand run would be a waste of time, as Jordie imagined by the time she return with some new toys, everybody would have flipped the house upside-down and Jordie would be cut off from her share. Taking the car for a spin and circling around the block, Jordie tries to collect her thoughts but her mind is burned out. She needed more time to think over her thoughts but time wasn't on her side. Jordie makes her way back to the house, as she has a strange feeling about her friends that have descended down to the bowels of the beast.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

Sonny shines his flashlight down the stairs again "Hey! Are you guys alright? What's going on down there? Is it safe to come down?
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine
Given the fact that Michael had just taken a header down the stairs and was probably not in the best humour right now, I avoid pointing out to him that the "only a knife" might be the one that our ex-albino was searching for.
With a ruefull shake of my head which hopefuly the sparse lighting masked, I bend and gingerley pull the knife from the floor,
"A Pognus I presume?"
Ben,does it have a wavy blade like has been described?
In answer to Sonny I shout back, "I think so. Just more cuts and bruises to add to a growing collection. If you are coming down for God's sake watch the stairs they are decidely dangerous"

I think for a moment. "Get Jordie down here. If this is the pognus everyone is after she might know. She seems to have a understanding for all this mystery hocuspocus bull"
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Warren - Charles - Michael,As [b]Warren [/b]reaches for the blade, it appears to be rusted, and wavey, but just as he is about to touch it, the blade shoots off the ground and towards his chest. . [ooc]Knife attack: [dice]0[/dice][/ooc] . The knife impales in [b]Warrens [/b]chest. [ooc]OH man I am so sorry, surprise attack that impales, Damage = 1d4+2 doubled [dice]1[/dice][/ooc] . A look of shock covers [b]Warrens [/b]face for a moment as he looks down at the knife impaled in his chest as he slumps to the ground. The knife then wrenches itself free from [b]Warren's [/b]body and blood begins to flow freely from his massive chest wound. . [ooc]Warren: you are unconcious until further notice. Charles and Michael, you see the actions above. Each of you need to make a Sanity check 1 / 1d4. Pass = -1 sanity, fail = -1d4 sanity. Then you may take an action.[/ooc]
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Jordie,you made it around the block pretty quick, but you know there is something wrong inside. The hairs on your arm and neck are standing on end.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

san 33,[dice]0[/dice]
damage,[dice]1[/dice]
Screaming in horror, Michael attempts to run back up the stairs. Given his injuries, it is more of a slow limp.
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard looks down the stairs to try to figure out what is going on.
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Richard and Sonny,After [b]Warren [/b]went down the stairs and mentioned a door,[b]Michael [/b]and [b]Charles [/b]both fell down the stairs. Lots of screaming and yelling. The flashlight was dropped rolled around and you heard someone say something about a knife and to get [b]Jordie[/b]. Then you hear more loud screaming and you see [b]Michael [/b]running/hobbling up the stairs. A piece of wood protruding from his leg.
Michael - Warren - Charles,this is the knife you saw floating in the air that stabbed Warren. [url=https://imageshack.com/i/g9hwazp][img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/c/585/hwaz.png[/img][/url]
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

WarrenKaine
Ben,Sanity Roll: 44% 1d100 → [58] = (58) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4332404/ Damage 1d4: 1d4 → [4] = (4) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4332408/ Of course So, [color=#0040FF]"What the...?" "Ahh!!!!". [/color]Turn pale; white; Scream; collapse. :cry:
- Anais Nin
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

Sonny starts to go down the stairs and meets Michael coming up Mikey, what's going on down there?, he tries to ease past him and continue on down.

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

sonny,Michael looks very white and pale as you pass by him. As you are going down just as you are making a step it feel like one of the steps move out from under you. OOC: make a Dex*5 check to avoid falling.
Michael,as you are rushing up, Sonny is coming down the stairs. Its tight but you can pass each other. You make it up the stairs without issue.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

Dex 65,18 Pass http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4332611/

Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"Flying knife! It already got Warren and it's coming for me!" Michael stops a step or two above Sonny, the small rational part of his brain realizing the jazzman provides him with some cover. He takes a few seconds to calm himself down before speaking, deeply ashamed of his previous reaction.

"There's a knife down there, operating on its own. My gun would be useless against it. Frankly, I'm not sure what would harm it. But if you're going down there the least I can do is go back down with you. I don't intend to die a coward."

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”