IC: Ch 7a: Into the House +1

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

IC: Ch 7a: Into the House +1

Post by BenTheRat »

Date: March 22, 1921, 6:00 PM

As you awake you feel fine and things look normal in the house.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Re: IC: Ch 7a: Into the House +1

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine

"What the...."
Warren thinking:   Illusion, a goddamed illusion, seemed real enough though.  
I feel a tickle in my throat, I want to cough.
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Propping the front door open and running to Warren's side, "You okay there big guy?" As Jordie looks over to see the rest of the disorientated group, all looking like they've run through hell and back.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"Damn ghost. Seems like it has a few tricks up its sleeve." Michael slowly gets to his feet, still smelling faint traces of smoke. "Much obliged ma'am. Even if that was an illusion, It felt damn real enough to kill us."

"Their looked to be a fire. Everything was burning, I and some of the others were overcome by smoke... but it was all fake. That doesn't matter now. What does matter is keeping that front door open at all times. Let's keep that prop in there."

He turns to look at the others, catching his breath. "The way I see it, the house did not pull out the big trick until we tried to enter that locked door. I think we need to see what's behind it."
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine

"Thanks sweets, prettyist looking cavalry I ever saw but arrived in the nick of time" I grin at Jordie although I'm not sure whether I want to grin or be sick.
Warren thinking:   this house is beginning to piss me off.  
I nod at Michael's suggestion, "Yeah I get the feeling someone or something really doesnt want us to open that door, so lets open the damn thing anyway. But..." again I smile at Jordie, "Like the man said make sure the front door stays open"
- Anais Nin
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

A puzzled look runs across Jordie's face. She glances between the distressed gang and the door, as if they were hanging on by a thread so long as the door is opened, it seemed to be the light at the end of the tunnel. Though, the moon is about to roll by pretty soon, and Jordie had a feeling madness would fall on this house.

"So are we still staying here? Or should I fetch Harrison over?" As Jordie helps Warren get up on his feet.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

You do notice a phone in the living room.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

Yeah man, tha's what i was thinking Sonny wheezes as he gets to his feet. "Everytime we go near that door, things get weird. It looks like the more interested we are the wierder and more scary they get! he coughs a few times, expelling imaginary smoke from his scorched lungs.

"I say we get a sledgehammer so that we can smash the door open if we can't open the lock. I really don't want to spend too much time in here no more but we gots to find out what's behind that door"
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard rolls over and sits up on the floor with his back against the wall, turns and takes in a deep calming breath to calm his nerves as the realization that this was not real sets in. He then looks to the others and says "So you all saw fire to then? It just wasn't playing on our own internal fears?"
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine

"Oh I saw it, and felt it alright. It was started by some creature who climbed down the outside wall in that damned picture in the front room. It wants to play with fire? Okay. First take the damned picture outsided and burn it, then smash the flaming locks to the basement"

I reach down a hand to Richard, "Here pal", then I turn to an obviously confused Jordie, "Sure call Harrisson, tell him to come here, because I don't think anybodys ready to leave just yet"

I look towards the basement door, "Sledgehammer, yep that should do it. Do we have one?"
- Anais Nin
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard stands with the hand from Warren and says "ok I agree we need to take the picture out of the house and see if that effects anything inside, as far as the basement door goes we could probably take the hinges off since the dead bolts open from this side I assume the hinges are on this side as well" saying that Richard looks down the hall at the door to see which side the hinges are on.
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

The hinges are on this side. You would need some tools to get the hinge pins out.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

"Sledgehammer or take the pins out of the hinges, either will do," muses Charles. "But let's make sure that the door can't be closed again once we're inside."
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

I'm with you on that Charles! - I think we need to rush in and get that door open as quick as possible! I don't think we'll have time for messing with the hinges - let's just smash the door in and go down before the house starts screwing with our heads again!

He looks around at everyone - knowing he is as wide-eyed and shocked as the others but trying not to think too hard about the mass-hysteria they all just experienced.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

The realization that has now settled in that you were all experiencing the same thing. Not just you having a bad dream, but you were awake feeling, hearing, seeing and smelling this event.
OOC:   So the 5 of you all need to make a sanity 1/d4 roll.  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

OOC:   Invisible castle has gone kaput. Does anyone know how the forum dice roller works?  
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC:   well that sucks. Keep going for now. If its not back up in a few hours, I'll roll for everyone.  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

OOC:   The forum dice roller isn't too hard to learn. Simply, press the "dice" button, type in the kind of dice you want to use, such as 1d100 or 1d4 inside the parentheses brackets. Afterwards, just click post and it'll roll the dice for you. However it's kinda awkward, if you're like me, and like to write whether or not you successfully or failed a roll, since you can only see your roll after you post something.

Still don't get it? Just click "quote" button on my post, and just read the HTML code I written.  
Sanity Roll 55%,[dice]0[/dice]
EDITED:
OOC:   Oh lovely, I just tried rolling but for some reason it didn't worked. I just did this roll for another game and worked fine for me :/  
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

ooc all,lets move this to the ooc thread
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine

[dice]0[/dice]
- Anais Nin

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”