IC: Ch 6c: Together at the Museum

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

IC: Ch 6c: Together at the Museum

Post by BenTheRat »

Date: March 22, 1921, 11 AM

As you arrive at the museum the other part of your team is arriving at about the same time. The door is unlocked to the office you've come to know so well. Ms. Patton is there "Oh my God, I heard some of you were injured, what happened? I hope everyone is ok."
As you enter the study fresh meats, fruits and vegetables are laid out.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Re: IC: Ch 6c: Together at the Museum

Post by DrPeterson »

Harrison limps in, one arm on his cane, the other wrapping his jacket tight around him.

"All kinds of things happened, Ms. Patton, some things we'd like to understand ourselves too. Is the professor in? and maybe more importantly, is the coffee hot?"
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Occigon »

Charles shivers. "If only injured were the worst of it," he mutters with a slight shudder. Helping himself to the food, he asks Ms. Patton, "Any chance of a blanket around here? Or even better, a heavy woolen overcoat someone forgot at the Museum coat room?"

Charles then does a double take. In as casual a tone as he can muster, he asks, "By the way, how did you hear that we were injured?"
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard enters the room behind the others with Sonny and says "I to would like to know where you heard about our injuries as well as what else you heard about last night, I would also like to know if anyone has a copy of the paper today I want to see if they ran anything about last night in the paper"
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Sorry on the coats, but please warm yourself by the fire." A warm fire is burning in the fireplace. "As for how I found out, I got a call from the hospital, and they told me you were there. They gave a brief description and so MAPS covered your costs. That's all I heard." Ms. Patton continues, "The paper is on my desk, I didn't see anything that would have caused the injuries you received. I do hope you are ok. The professor is still up north, he should be back tomorrow though. We could call him if it is an emergency. But its kind of hit and miss to catch him."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"We ran into the suspect we've been tracking. Let's just say the whole experience educated us on the severity of the situation." Michael picks up an apple and bites into it before continuing, speaking even as he chews.

"The way I see it, the professor owes us more of an explanation. I didn't believe in any of this magic mumbo jumbo when we first met him. Recent events have made me a believer in the occult. I'd like to talk with him, see if he has any idea what it was I went up against. And I presume the others would as well."
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"I agree with Michael, we should also take a look at that book, there might be some clue in it."

Harrison sits down with a big sigh, stretching his sore leg.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard pulls out the book and lays it on the table "Might need a lock pick to open it up though the clasp are locked on it. By the way who has the sword and the knife that Tom stabbed me with?"

As Richard is waiting for an answer on the blades he continues " We need to talk about Phil and Jen"Richard looks sympatheticaly over to Warren.
"When I went running back to the fire it had been started by Phil he left Tom's body in it and had thrown a dummy in it with Tom. Phil also had dragged the Reverends body off with him and made it to his car before I could catch him. So obviously Phil is involved with this somehow, we need to do some research on him, I do not believe the story about his sister being kidknaped by the Reverend, he would have posted that all over the papers to try to help his cause if that was true. I currently believe that Phil is connected to the Reverend and the Chapel and whatever it was up to at the time, I actually believe that Phil probably had alot to do with the Reverends escape from prison as well. So currently I think we need to confirm weather or not Phil has a little sister and can we confirm that she went missing, then if this is false we need to understand what Phil wanted with the Reverends body and where he would have taken it, Sonny and I did not see anything suspcious at the house last night but I don't think that either of us managed to stay awake very long either. Then that brings us to the last name in this sorted mess and that would be Jen who works at the paper as well. According to Joe she was working on something and Phil was noising around alot in her paperwork when she wasnt around trying to find out what she was doing or what she knew, so what can you tell us about Jen and or Phil Warren, since you know both of them? I am not trying to insinuate anything here just trying to get as much information as possible"
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"It's firm but flaccid, it's got cheese and chives, It's rough and raw, it's an onion but also a beet." Jordie saunters across the room towards Richard as she enumerates a chant. Without making eye-contact, she pulls the knife out of her bag and sets it towards Richard on the table, Jordie fishes out her locking-picking tools and gets to work on the locked book.
Locksmith 61%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4280403/]Success = 43%[/url]
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

The books lock was no problem for the multi-talented Jordie. The clasp springs open.
OOC,sorry guys, I used the wrong name at the beginning of the thread. I've gone through and corrected it but it should be Ms. Patton, and not Ms. Phillips. Not sure where that came from. My bad, I apologize.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Jordie wiped the dirt off the book and held it in the air, studying the cover and back of the book. It didn't look like it'd be anything of light-reading. Whatever is inside, wasn't going to be sunshine and rainsbows. As much as Jordie enjoys the smell of aged paper and feeling it in her fingers, there was something wrong about that book. There's reason it's chained up, never meant to reach the surface of the earth. Looking at her dirty hands Jordie pushes the book away, inviting anyone to read it, as she gets up to wash the dread off herself.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

A involuntary shiver shoots down Harrison's spine as Jodie utters her "enchantment" and he's unsure whether he's more anxious or relieved when she picks the lock.

"Goody...what's it say?"
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

As Jordie picks the lock, Charles flinches, and starts edging away from it. "Now hold on a minute," he says, voice shaking. "This might not be a great idea. After what happened in the pit..." He shudders.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"There's enough of us here," Michael says. "If someone starts acting unusual we should be able to restrain them. And if the book summons another one of those winged devils, I'll put it down, like I did the last one." Despite the bravado, the former cop's eyes dart from side to side, and his hand rests on his gun.
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard ready's his gun as he waits for Warren to respond to his questions
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

Michael's mention of winged devils seems to snap something in Charles. "Don't open it!" he yells. He looks slightly out of control again, ready to tackle anyone who tries to open the book.
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

Ms.Patton? When do you think the professor will return? I'm a musician and my new found friends and colleagues here are all from different walks of life.

I don't think any of us, whatever the professor may have thought, is qualified to be dealing with the types of the things that are revealing themselves to us. Investigate a haunted house. Ok - so we've done that.

And now we seem to be uncovering a conspiracy that involves jail breaks, kidnapping, murder or sacrifice and quite unbelievably, summoning creatures from the pit!

Add to that the not inconsiderable risk and injury that some of us have suffered I think we are owed some answers!

The professor hinted that he knew what was going on - something about someone returning or having met them before, I don't fully remember. So what is going on?
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard looks over at Warren again "Warren you care to share any information related to the questions I asked before we get into this book?"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Ms. Patton looks up from her coffee. "Like I said he should be back tomorrow. You know you remind me of the last group the Professor recruited some years back. These things you just never know about till you get into the middle of them. While you suffered some injuries all of you are still alive, which is always a good thing. But yes, magic is real, the paranormal is real. Perhaps I can answer some questions for you now that your eyes have been opened."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

OCC,so did we lose Warren?

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”