IC: Ch 6c: Together at the Museum

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Re: IC: Ch 6c: Together at the Museum

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC,he posted in the OOC thread he would be gone till today. Hopefully he'll post over the weekend.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine

I shake my head as if awakening at Richard's question. Still trying to get my head around this I suppose.
Warren thinking:   Occult, Black Magic, Spells? It still feels like hocus pocus bullshit. But there is something strange going on, of that I've no doubt. I know little of Phil, Jen, or even Joe, outside of work.  
"All I know of Phil is that he's a big mouth chancer, I wouldn't trust him to buddy up on a story. I never heard of a sister before, but that don't mean there wasn't. Although if there was and she disapeared you can bet he would have used every facility of the Globe to find her, and would have left a trail a mile wide. But there was nothing amongst the other stuff that Jen found, which means either there wasn't or Jen was in on it, which I don't think. Jen has always been a big help, and I think she, like Joe, was simply a means to an end. Phil probably used her to keep me outa the way, or thought it would. Joe is nothing more than a camera guy. If Phil was up to something you can bet the pictures would have been usefull in so many different ways. That's why I wouldn't be suprised if the roll that Jordie destroyed last night hadn't already been replaced"

Like the others I am feeling the sudden change in the weather, however, the heat from the fire is changing that. At Harrisson's question about coffee, I nod agreement.
"Coffee sounds good, or maybe something a little stronger?"
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard smiles at Warren as he comes back around to the conversation "I think we might want to do some research on our friend Phil today then, do you have a last name for him as I never got that from him, I have a feeling we are going to find out that he is connected to this somehow"
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine

"Can't say I know it offhand but I imagine it's on the item in the file about the house"
Ben,have we got a surname for Phil?
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

You don't recall ever getting his last name.
You look through the paper and in the article he wrote that was never printed, lists his name as Phil Summers.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard says to everyone "Ok looks like we need to dig up everything that we can on Phil Summers, might want to check in on the head and or proprieter of the globe with a name of Phil as well in case he is using a ghost name for his reporting."
Ben,so do I have any of my own cash as I have spent the twenty that was fronted to me already? Just want to see if I need to talk to Ms Patton about turning in an early expense report so I have cash if needed
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"I might be able to pull a few strings, see if this Phil has a record." Michael offers. "If you think it will get us anywhere, that is.."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC All,Ms. Patton also hands out $20 to everyone for Tuesdays activities. She wasn't there last night to give them to you.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard responds to Micheal "I just don't know what the hell he would want the Reverends body for unless he is trying to raise him from the dead, I think that if he really hated him for kidnapping his sister he would have just burned the bodt with Tom's, but he actually threw a dummy in the fire to make it look like two bodies were burning just to hide the fact that he had taken the Reverends body, provided the Reverend was actually dead. He is the only link we have to everything right now so I say we follow up on him, I mean what else do we have right now?"
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine
I settle for a good hot cup of coffee and finding a chair near the fire throw my coat over its back and place my hat beside me on the floor.
"Okay, first I think I'm going to visit a store and buy me a gun or knife, for future insurance, then I'l pay a visit to the Globe and see if Phil's turned in or where he might be"
I sip at the coffee, "Oh and I'll be asking some questions of Jen, Joe and anyone else who might have involvement with the reverend, the chapel, or the house. So if anyone wants to come along?"
- Anais Nin
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"The math just doesn't add up right. You'd think Phil would hang the frame on us and tip the cops on us, and throw a wrench in our investigation. As well, why would Phil carry a mannequin in his car? The mannequin just seems too convenient. If Phil just wanted the Reverend's body, wouldn't he just high tail with it? Instead of going through the trouble of swapping the bodies and burning everything behind?" Jordie grabs the unusual ornate knife back into her satchel, "Something tells me these goons were up to something at that deserted wasteland," Jordie looks around the room, "Didn't somebody find a shovel at that lot?"

Jordie continues, "Something tells me there was another person on that lot, most likely one of those choir boys that jumped us. I may be stretching this too far, but I think there was another goon who originally had the mannequin. I mean, who would be strange enough to carry a mannequin with them? They coerced Phil into carrying the Reverend's body, burn Tom Lawrence's body and the mannequin to hide the nature of their order from the public eye, and ran off."

Jordie shrug her shoulders, "My two-cents worth."
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine
I shrug at Jordie's attempted conclusions, "Your two cents are as good as anyones"
For a few moments I lose myself in deep contemplation of the coffee, the fire, and the events of the previous night, "One question, as you know I was kind of busy being strangled, did anyone check the body of the reverend to make sure he was dead? We are assuming that Phil carried off a dead body but what if the reverend was merely unconscious?"
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"That is some really interesting theories. Very strange indeed. I can't help you with that portion, but I can help you with the weapon deary. What would you like? I have access to a full range of weapons here." Ms. Patton said. "They would be on loan only of course."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine
She was right the only ones who could sort this mystery was us. I kept thinking that Phil might be the key, and I couldn't shake the idea that the reverend had been far from dead when Phil made his getaway.
"Uh sure lends. Do you have a .45, only I used one over in France so it will be kinda familiar?"
- Anais Nin
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard speaks up "Well I can tell you that Phil started by dragging the body then about half way there he started carrying it according to the tracks I saw, and there was only one set of tracks so I do not think that anyone else was there. As far as our next moves I would be happy to go over to the Globe with you Warren"
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"I think you were still knocked out, as I checked the Reverend's pulse and searched his body," Jordie face flushes red, she remember taking a key around the Reverend's neck, connecting the dots between the clasped book and the key, as she looks inside her satchel for the key. "By the time I finished checking his body, Tom committed suicide."

Upon hearing Ms. Patton's aid, "What do you have on the menu, you'd suggest?"
DrVendetta,[url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?f=283&t=4650&start=300#p152459]Well you did fail your Track Roll, you were able to discern the direction and pitch of the steps, but not necessarily anything distinguishable."[/url]
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

"Alright, so we check out the Globe. Any other leads we should be following?" asks Charles, relieved that no one seems enthusiastic about opening the book. "After last night, I guess that we agree that when we go to the house, we should all go together."
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"A shame we couldn't take the albino alive. He could have told us more. I ain't exactly mourning his loss though.

Taking the money from Ms. Patton, Michael offers a respectful nod. "Thank you ma'am." Even with all this trouble, it was good to get paid. "If you've got any .38 ammo, I could use some. "

"I think we should have someone guarding the house at all times now. Just as a precaution. In our eagerness to do research, we don't want Phil or one of the weirdos slip in and do whatever they want to do right under our noses."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

You fish out the keys but there is nothing that looks small enough for the book lock you just picked.
Ms. Patton says "Was that a .45 revolver or automatic? For you dear, I'd think a .38 automatic, but if you're not real familiar with shooting, I might suggest a 32, its a bit smaller with less kick."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine
"Sorry a .45 automatic thanks good old 1911"

Turning to Richard, "Yeah that would be good, might be an idea to have someone else cover the back door of the Globe, in case he's there and makes a run for it. Any offers?"

I finish my coffee and put the cup down, "But I don't think he will be. He's not stupid he'll know we'll go looking for him there"
- Anais Nin

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”