IC Ch. 6: Time to Heal

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

DrVendetta
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Re: IC Ch. 6: Time to Heal

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard slips past Sonny who is blocking the nurse's path and heads for the car.
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by BenTheRat »

The nurse shakes her head, "Fine if you want to go off and kill yourself go ahead, I won't stop you."
You can slip past and head out, now that the adrenaline is gone and the local is wearing off, the pain is pretty bad.
"So before you two go, how do you want to pay for your bill?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard say's to the nurse "I get paid on Friday so I will be back on Friday to pay my bill"
Ben,pay my bill... your killing me here, you understand what medical treatment in 1921 was right? LOL
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

The nurse writes something on your chart, "Very well Mr. Rahl, but please be careful. If you start to bleed again please return."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine
OOC:   Hey guys, do you think that maybe Ben wants you to heal your characters? Also, what's the point of going to the Museum when it is closed?  
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

OOC:   I'm barely scratched and don't need to stay at the hospital - even with the temptation of those lovely young nurses!  
Ok, Richard, so what's up man? Why you so keen to be outta that place - you really do need the rest man! he looks Richard over.

Anyway, I just wanna check that that Phil guy isn't heading to the museum to cause mischief, though I think he's probably gone to the house, which is where I intend going afterwards. Just to stake it out mind
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard says to the nurse "Thank you maam, and trust me I will be back if I start bleeding again, if not I will see you on Friday"

Richard then walks out with Sonny after they make it to the parking lot Richard responds to Sonny "It is not as bad as it looks it was a pretty straight in cut and it was a clean cut, I got lucky that he missed all my organs but I think the nurse was over stating my condition a little back there. I am going to need some rest very soon though. I did'nt want to stay there because if the police go looking for us that is the first place they may look, god only knows what type of spin Phil may try to put on this if they get to Phil before us all the cards will be in his hands and I don't like playing poker against someone with a stacked hand. So why do you think he would go back to the house with the Reverends body?"
OOC:   Warren & all, I plan on getting some rest as I know we have been up all night I am just not going to do it there, the first place the police may look for a stabbing victim who has reportedly shot several people"  
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC:   Richard and Sonny go here.  
OOC:   The rest of you are resting comfortably in your hospital bed on painkillers and drugs, but may talk.  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warrn Kaine

From the comfort of my bed I ask drowsily, "Does anyone know what happened to Joe the photographer?"
- Anais Nin
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

"Who's Joe?" asks Charles. "I think I missed quite a bit, in that hole... In any case, I guess I'm convinced that we're looking for something a little more intense than money launderers..."
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Jordie had woken up in a cold sweat, her heart pounding as she looked outside the window and still saw darkness outside. Focusing her eyes closer to a nearby clock and realizing it's only around five in the morning, she slowly falls back into bed in relief. Jordie thought she woke up in night still, thinking everything that happened last night was just a nightmare, but afraid that day can only be a dream that was still distance away. However, the sudden realization of how real everything happened last night left Jordie troubled. Like most nightmares, every choice made is always the wrong move. Jordie turned over in her bed towards the window, and waited for dawn to crawl across the sky.

Waiting in bed, a sudden thought had crossed Jordie's mind and her eyes light up. Stretching over from her bed to her bag, Jordie pulls the bag up on her lap and rummages around. Jordie draws out a curvy knife delicately, and cautiously slides her finger across the blade as she examines the hilt.
History Roll 60%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4273413/]Success = 56%[/url]
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Jordie,you can tell this dagger is not very old. Probably made in the last decade.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Jordie slowly puts the odd ornate shaped knife back into her shoulder bag, and sets it on a stand by her bedside.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Jordie,You used a History roll on the dagger, but I think that was the wrong skill. I think Occult might have been the skill you wanted to use.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Michael frowns.

"I'm unsure where Joe scampered off to. But I don't think he's our guy. He was with me and the others when the fire started. He was probably a patsy."
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

Charles shrugs, in a mixture of irritation, resignation and exhaustion. "I'm sure it will all make sense at some point. And I hope someone is keeping track. In any case, as soon as we're back on our feet, I thinks visit to the house is necessary - even if it's just to burn it down...."

He begins nodding off to sleep.
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Jodie clues in, "Joe was in the car with one of you fellas and Richard. I think Joe hailed a cab when we got to the hospital, not sure what happened to his partner in crime Phil, but we left him to dry back there.

Jordie slowly cranes her body out of the bed, her bare feet landing on the cold floor as it sends chills up her body. Scanning the medical ward around her, Jordie moves towards the door as her feet slaps against the floor. Creaking the door slowly and peaking her head around the corner, Jordie looks for a fresh copy of The Boston Globe, wondering if their fun midnight escapade has made front-page news. She had wondered that if her face was up for wanted, they would at least take a picture of her good side.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine

"As soon as I'm able I'm outa here. Phil would have guessed where we would go, so if he called the cops this is where they will come. Although I'm not sure he would've, don't know what his game is but I don't think it includes the law"
I look around for my clothes...
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Jordie finds the morning edition of the Globe and is ushered back to her bed by one of the nurses, "just ask next time", the nurse scolds her, but she is allowed to keep one of the copies. As she looks through the paper there is no mention of the fire, the Chapel or anything to do with their adventure the night before.
Warren looks for his clothes but they are not around. It seems after Richard made his bold exit, clothes were gathered up to prevent further quick departures.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"Apparently a couple of bodies with more holes than the titanic, and enough fire to warm the city back to ninety-degrees, doesn't quite cut headline news," Jordie tosses the newspaper on Warren's bed, Jordie adds, "Either the cops are keeping a tight lid on it, or your friend Phil is a man of his words. Though, word travels fast and it'll be the talk of the town. We need to speak with your friend Warren."

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”