IC Ch. 6: Time to Heal

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

IC Ch. 6: Time to Heal

Post by BenTheRat »

Date: March 21, 1921, 11:30 PM

As you pull up in front of the small hospital it is a brick building with steps leading up to the front door. There is a smaller backdoor, but no other way in or out (except the windows) on the 3 story building that looks more like a house than anything else.
You come up the stairs, many of you with trouble. When you walk into the front door you see a nurse in a white uniform sitting at a desk reading a small book. She immediately turns as white as her uniform when you pile in. "Oh my god, what happened?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Re: IC Ch. 6: Time to Heal

Post by DrPeterson »

Harrison limped out of the car without the use of the shovel and he grins sheepishly at the nurse.

"We fell through a floor, darling, I don't think we've broken anything, but we'd mightily appreciate some help ascertaining that."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

She pushes a button on her desk and you hear a buzzing noise. She has you all sit in chairs and starts first aid on you.
A few minutes later another nurse walks in. The first nurse says, "Call Dr. Jones, these people need more help than what we can give."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine

I say loud enough for the nurses to hear, "I told you that the floor wouldn't be strong enough to hold us all, but oh no you were certain that the carpenter said it was safe"
Looking over at the nurses I add, "We were preparing for a church social and the floor we had been assured was safe for dancing was not. Still better we found out now."
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"Nasty fall. Harrison and I were cut up real good trying to escape the rubble." Michael adds. His aim is to keep the story as simple as possible. The last thing they'd need was the police digging too deep into this.
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Occigon »

Charles is now silent, having ceased muttering to himself. To an outside observer, the lost look in his eyes, taken in conjunction with the piece of wood embedded in his shoulders and the various scrapes and bruises, might seem to indicate shock. After a while, he turns to Harrison, and as if suddenly waking up, asks loudly, "Church social?"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

The nurses work on everyone, finding beds in 1 large room with 8 beds. They seem more interested in treating you than figuring out what happened. Though you can hear a few murmurs of "new construction, yea right." But they don't push for information.
After each of you have had some 1st aid done, then the doctor comes around and does his medicine skill on it.
Those that were strength drained, the doctor diagnosis you with a disease and puts you on some medication drips.
Charles is put on a heavy sedation for the night.
ooc,If you have already had 1st aid done, you cannot get it again or medicine for the same wound. The Medicine will increase the healing rate, but not help for a while.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Harrison,You get 3 points back from their expert first aid. They also provide you a walking cane and a strange brace for your knee. They tell you it is to take pressure off of it. They tell you several ligaments were probably torn and only time will heal those.
Charles,You have 2 wounds so you can get 2 1st aid rolls. The first was successful and you got 2 points. The 2nd on your hands failed. So the doctor is trying medicine on it. The doctor nails it with a crit success and gets 3 points back. The meds will help you get through the next few days so you can act normally, but you have the phobia I described earlier.
Sonny,I don't even remember when you got injured but they heal up your minor scraps.
Michael,the nurses do a bang up job on your 2 injuries, getting back 3 from 1 and 2 from the 2nd.
Richard,you are healed back 2 points on the nasty knife wound.
Warren,you weren't really hurt. The meds help you sleep and you regain your strength by morning.
Jordie,you weren't really hurt. The meds help you sleep and you regain your strength by morning.
OOC ALL,I have updated your character sheets for you, so no need to do that, but check them to see your current status.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

When the nurses and doctors have done their work and left, Harrison props up in his bed and looks at the others.

"So...where do we go from here? We should probably call the museum in the morning."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine

Without rasing my head from the pillows, I mutter dreamilly, "First thing I'm going to do in the morning is get me a gun, and the second, pop round to Phil's there are a few questions I want answered"
- Anais Nin
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

OOC:   My injuries were received back in the chapter when Harrison and myself visited the house and the albino slammed the window down in my arms. I didn't receive any injuries at the chapel  
Sonny waits until all those needing medical attention have been treated.

"Ok folks, I'm going to head back and see what the professor has to say about all this. I'll come back tomorrow with some dime store novels and some grapes " he gives a wink, a smile and tired but cheery wave.
OOC:   Back to the museum for Sonny  
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

By the time all the treatments are done it is close to 5 am.
Sonny,at this hour the museum is probably not open. You can head to your place to get some sleep or stay here. Or go to the meseum and wait for it to be opened.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard says to Sonny "hang on I will go with you to the museum Sonny"

Richard walks over to Warren and says quietly to him "We diffenetly need to talk about Phil tomorrow I think he has a lot more to do with this than anyone else realize's, I would also like to talk about Jenna as well but for tonight you just get some rest and heal up"

Richard then walks out to the car with Sonny to go back to the museum
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

The nurse happened to be walking by and pokes her head in, "you sir (pointing at you Richard) aren't going anywhere. Doctor says you need to rest till morning at the least so he can check those stitches he put in. You are lucky to be alive with a knife wound like that."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

Sonny give an almost imperceptible nod towards the car and murmers to Richard "Get in the car, meet me round the corner

He turns to the nurse and walks towards her, blocking her access to Richard and gives her a winning smile "It's alright miss, I'll take care of him and make sure he gets plenty of rest. He wants to get home to his wife, who's having kittens with worry. He's received excellent care here and he's an old soldier who's seen action - he knows what to do to get a wound all fixed up. I promise you I'll take him straight home to bed and I give you my word of honour that I'll bring him back in the morning so he can see the doctor when we visit our friends." He broadens his smile.
Ben,I'll try and fast talk[60] her [dice]1d100[/dice] edit - does the dice bbcode only roll d6? 62 fail http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4270811/
Last edited by Papa Gateau on Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine

As the medication finaly overcomes me I can't help but smile at Richards situation, Do as nurse tell you, nurse always knows best...
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"No Sir, you are not taking him anywhere. If I have to call a bunch of ordelies and sedate the lot of you I will." She says back. "Doctor said one bad move and his whole intestines would fall right out. Judging by the looks of you lot, resting is the last thing on your minds. Rest a few hours till morning, then you can go run off and get yourself killed then."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"Thanks cupcake." Michael flirts with the nurse who tend to his wounds, flashing her a tired yet still charming smile. In reality though, his mind is elsewhere, attempting to piece together the madness he had witnessed.

"Well after we're let out of this nursery, we should probably head to the haunted house that looks to be at the center of it all. If this Phil fellow is involved, it strikes me as likely that he might try to finish whatever the albino started."

He nods to the drowsy Warren. "Getting a gun is wise, thing saved my life back there. We ain't dealing with schoolgirls here. These men are hardened killers. Of course I'd prefer they be taken alive so we can get to the bottom of all this, but if it comes down to us or them, I want it to be us."
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

Sonny takes a quick glance over his shoulder, ensuring that Richard is heading towards the car.

"Ma'am, I do beg to differ. I don't want to be causin' no scene here but, and you can correct me if I'm wrong, but my friends walked in here by their own free will and they have the right as free citizens of this fine and mighty country to walk out of here as and when it might please them. They have not been incarcerated here by the state, this is not the loony bin! We is all very appreciative of the care that we have received at your fine and fair hands but you have no right to keep us here against our will. Now I'm asking you one last time, let's not have us a scene here, let me and my friend make our way home and I will bring him back to see the doctor in the morning. As god is my witness, I swear this to you miss."
OOC:   Sonny will step to block the nurse getting past him to allow Richard as much time as necessary to get to the car.  

Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

OOC,Given that Charles was "sedated for the night", I presume he's still asleep?

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”