IC: Ch 5. A chance meeting at the Chapel

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Re: IC: Ch 5. A chance meeting at the Chapel

Post by BenTheRat »

Joe doesn't want to give up his camera but when you flash the gun he gives up the film pretty quickly.
Jordie has the dagger.
About this time you see a fire flare up over where Phil and the bodies are at.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

Warren kaine
I look toward the sudden flare of fire, "Oh shit, what now?"
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

"He's burning the bodies!"

Harrison considers rushing over there, but the jolt of pain through his leg advises him to the contrary.
He turns to look at Joe and doesn't let him out of his sight.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Joe looks as surprised as you. "Why the hell would he do that?"
OOC,if you want to make a psych check on Joe to see if he is lying or not go ahead.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Harrison can't get a reading on Joe.
Balls,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4265593/]psychology (1d100=93)[/url]
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard starts running towards the fire with a gun out
psych roll,rolled a 99 so a failure [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4265789/[/url]
Ben,Richard is very leary of Phil & Joe at this point as Phil may have held the power to keep the original stories out of the paper he may be the big shot behind all this so he will be ready to shoot Phil at the first signs of magic play
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Richard,as you start running for the fire you realize you still don't have a flashlight. You can head towards the fire, but the ground is uneven and there isn't nearly enough light to allow you a safe trip.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Michael finds Joe difficult to read.
Psychology,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4265811/]Psychology (43%) (1d100=77)[/url]

He pulls out his gun and keeps it leveled at Joe.

"No sudden movements pal. Richard's just gonna get this whole thing cleared up for us."
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard travels as fast as possible without risking a fall (I figure the light from the fire is helping me and will allow me to see Phil when I get there)
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Richard,make a Luck roll and a spot hidden roll.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Ben,luck chance = 50% roll = 35% so a success [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4265874/[/url]
Ben,spot hidden chance = 45% roll = 48% [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4265875/[/url]
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Richard, you have made it about half way across and you don't see Phil over by the fire. You are having to concentrate on the uneven ground though and with no light, it is tough.
Richard,make another luck and spot hidden roll
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Ben,Luck = 70% so a failure
Ben,spot hidden a 96% so also a failure
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine

Obviously not going anywhere, I take a good look at Joe trying to figure out if he's lying.
Psychology Roll,05% 1d100 → [93] = (93) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4266162/
"So Joe just how long were you and Phil watching from the woods? And did you see the albino and the old man before they attacked us?"
Warren thinking:   I'm sure that by the time [b]Richard[/b] gets to the fire he'll find Phil long gone. And I don't think [b]Joe[/b] knows anything he is simply [b]Phil's[/b] patsy.I wouldn't be suprised if the film Richard took from [b]Joe's[/b] camera had already been switched  
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Jordie felt like a wallflower, slowly rubbing her elbow as she watches the ruckus and drama go on around her. Some quality R and R would be good after all this mess. Though of course, Jordie will be sleeping on the cold floor of a cell, if she doesn't get out of this hot water soon.

"Joe! We can't stay here too long! Were you watching us in the woods the entire time?"
Persuade Roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4266172/]Success = 31%[/url]
Psychology Roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4266169/]Failure = 26%[/url]
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Richard, you can't see much because your foot stepped on a loose rock that slid out from under you and fell face first into the rubble. It hurt but not enough to do any real damage. But you twisted your ankle and it feels stuck.
Joe is stammering, "We just got here. Phil didn't want to come in the front because you'd see us. So we snuck in through the loose fence pieces in the back corner. We had just arrived when we heard the gunfire, so we ran to see if we could help out."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Ben,not sure what that post means, the description dosent allow me to understand my current situation and what my reactions can be so I attempt to get unstuck and continue towards the fire, once again I am travelling as fast as possible without risk of falling I have been this way before. Let me know if I need to make any rolls
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Richard removes some of the rubble around his foot and frees it from the debris. It hurts to put weight on it, but you continue on across the rubble, a bit slower and trying to be more careful.
After a few minutes you finally get close enough for the light from the fire to help you see where you are stepping. It does appear that Phil burned the bodies. And is now no where to be seen.
The stench of burning flesh hits you like a lead brick.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard takes a close look around looking for tracks in the dirt indicating the direction that Phil may have went
Ben,track chance = 45 roll = 14 so a success [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4266343/[/url]
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Richard,You can see his tracks heading back into the woods, and it looks like he was dragging something.
The rest of you see Richard shoot off into the darkness towards the fire. About half way there he slips and falls, then gets up and continues on.
What are the rest of you doing?
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”