IC: Ch 5. A chance meeting at the Chapel

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Re: IC: Ch 5. A chance meeting at the Chapel

Post by BenTheRat »

You see Richard dig around in the fire a bit then come up with a torch. He then appears to be heading towards the woods.
Richard,you follow the tracks for a few minutes then the drag marks stop, then its just foot prints. When you get to the woods, the tracks become fainter. Make another tracking roll to keep going.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by DrVendetta »

Ben,track chance = 45% roll = 92% so a failure [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4266892/[/url]. Richard looks at the drag marks to see if they just end or if they kind of fade away slowly, are the footprints deeper after the drag marks go away like maybe Phil picked up the Reverends body? Richard looks to see if this was a path that Phil was following or just underbrush in the woods going in no general direction. Richard tries to remember how big the woods would be right here and where they might lead to
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Richard,the tracks do look deeper, like maybe he picked up the body. The tracks were going in a straight direction. If you want to continue in the same direction let me know.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Ben,this is probably a mistake but I feel I can catch him if he is carrying a body so I continue to go straight
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Richard,As you try and go straight, you eventually run into a fence. It has wide boards and some of them look rotted and loose. You can lift them easy enough. As you climb through the opening you see blood on the edges of the wood. . As you get through you see Phil's car speeding away.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Ben,I note what direction he takes off in and the high tail it back to the others now that I have a light
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Richard,ok sounds good. I need to let the other players post to catch up. You've done a lot with this bit.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Harrison curses as he sees Richard move off.

"Damn it, Richard, we have to get out of here!"

He looks at the two other men and says:

"I'll be in my car, I'm off no use with this leg. If you want to go after Dick, be my guest, but I'm splitting as soon as I hear sirens."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

""Ok man, just be ready with the engine running - I'm gonna take a quick look see what grabbed his attention. Give me 2 minutes. I'll turn back if I hear sirens, please wait - there ain't nothin' good can happen to a black man out here when the keystones turn up!"

With that Sonny turns and sprints after Richard - once more crossing the rubble strewn yard.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine
Ben,how am I doing, have I enough strength to investigste the rubble where I saw something myself?
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Harrison,you move towards the cars with the others and when you get close to the collapsed archway at the front of where the chapel was, you see what [b]Warren [/b]and [b]Jordie [/b]are looking at. [img]http://imageshack.us/a/img28/5239/a0d3.jpg[/img] . It looks freshly painted and you immediately get a headache and things get dizzy. You see Warren walk over to the symbol and it looks like he is going to touch it.
Sonny,As you sprint off after [b]Richard [/b]you hear footsteps behind you, [b]Joe [/b]is running with you,[color=#0000FF] "what the hell has Phil done now."[/color] You have your flashlight, so that helps, but its still uneven ground preventing sprinting. As you get close enough you see him pull a torch out of the fire and check the ground. He then pulls his pistol out and heads for the woods. You follow him up through the woods and you catch up to him at the fence. [b]Richard [/b]has lifted a board and is looking through. Then turns back to face you.
Richard,As you turn around to head back to the cars, you see [b]Sonny [/b]and [b]Joe [/b]coming up behind you.
Warren,Your strength is returning but it will still be a while before you are at full strength. I've been updating your character sheet. You walk over to the symbol, and the closer you get the worse the headache becomes. Make a POW resistance check. Your target = 50%. In case you missed it, which it almost sounds like you did it was the freshly painted on symbol. You can click on [b]Harrison's [/b]button on this post to see the image again.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine
Pow Resitance Roll,1d100 → [36] = (36) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4267474/ Made the roll do I still touch it?
- Anais Nin
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"Damn it, Warren, no!"

Harrison limps as fast as he can to intercept Warren, the blade of the shovel clinking on the gravel.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Warren,Your head stops spinning for a minute and you touch the symbol. Nothing happens. It appears to be recently painted onto the stone. Within a couple days.
Harrison,as you race (as best you can hobble) up to Warren he reaches down and touches the symbol on the stone. You need to make a Resistance roll, (target = 50%) a wave of naseau and vertigo engulf you.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard points the gun in Joe's general direction to ensure that he understands that at this point he is staying with the group and says "Com'on you two back to the cars quickley" and Richard waits so he can follow Joe to ensure he dosen't wander off and he keeps his pace up.
Ben,you never said what direction Phil went in when he left
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Richard - Sonny,As Richard points the gun at you two Joe drops to the ground, [color=#0000FF]"What the fuck man, stop waiving that thing around you're going to kill someone.[/color]" You hear him whimper a bit, or at least it sounds that way. Sorry, he went East. to your right.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

"You heard the man! On ya feet, come on, move it!" Sonny moves out of the direct line of fire, giving Richard a 'what the fuck?" look.

"Let's get outta here!"
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Deciding he does not want to be around when his former colleagues arrive, Michael follows Harrison.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine

"Whatever this is meant to be its recent" I look at Harrisson and notice that he is looking particularly ill, "C'mon pal lets get the hell out of here".
- Anais Nin
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Harrison is drawn from his focus on the symbol by Warren's voice.
He shakes his head to clear the nausea and cobwebs and looks up at the man.

"All right, let's go, this place is giving me the creeps!"

Harrison hobbles as fast as he can over to his car.

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”