IC: Ch 5. A chance meeting at the Chapel

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Re: IC: Ch 5. A chance meeting at the Chapel

Post by BenTheRat »

Richard - Sonny,[b]Joe [/b]is stammering, "[color=#0000FF]yea man whatever, what the hell you pointing that thing at me for?" [/color]he tries to get up and falls back down. He puts his hands over his head and starts to curl into a fetal position. [color=#0000FF]"please don't hurt me, I don't know what the fuck is going on[/color]."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

"yeah pal! Whether you know nuthin or not - you're coming with us now! Simple choice - get up and walk or lie down and die, my friend will shoot you like a mangy cur if you don't move that skinny white ass of yours! "
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

With a bit more coaxing Joe gets up and heads for the cars. By the time you get there the 5 others are already there waiting.
As you see Richard and Sonny walking towards you, you see Richard holding a gun on Joe.
OOC,ok, where to next?
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Harrison starts the engine and grunts as he pushes down the gas pedal.
He drives away from the scene and heads towards the hospital.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"So what story are we going with?" Michael inquires. "I'd rather not have any more eyes prying around here than need be. If the police get a little curious and dig up that altar, we're all in for some trouble.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine
OOC:   hopefully Jordie will follow in my car which will be better than all of us trying to squeeze into one car.  
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard puts his gun away as he jumps into the same car as Joe "So lets have it everything you know about Phil Joe, I will keep the gun away if it makes you feel better but I swear if I catch you in a lie you are going to regret it. Why don't you start with how you first meet him and how and when you started working with him, and then you can follow up with everything he has been having you do as far as following us abd checking on the house and the church lot" Richard stares at Joe intently as he awaits his answer's.
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Joe eyes the pocket where the gun is. "Listen, I've only worked at the paper for 6 months. That's when I met Phil. We cover stories together, he asks the questions I take the photo's, I've never seen anything like this shit tonight. Earlier today he comes to me and says we need to do a stakeout. It was the first time I've ever done one of those, so we get in the car and go to the museum. Nothing happens for a long time then he tells me,that's him. It was Warren and we follow him to the back. We saw a bunch of you guys going down into the basement there. He wanted to go sneak around, we went and took some pictures but I wouldn't go in. Then we heard you guys talking so we beat it back to the car. When we saw Warren get in the car and you guys heading across the street, he told me to follow you, take what notes I could, get a pic and take a cab back to the paper. So I hopped out and Phil followed Warren."
He stops to see if you are buying the story or not. He keeps going, "After you guys left the paper, I guess Phil and Warren hate each other, I mean I've worked with Warren before also, I'm just the photographer. Anyways, Phil said you would cut us out so we followed you. When you went in the alley for the Chapel he said he knew another way. We went around the block and came in through some loose boards in the fence, we were barely there when we hear the gunshots, so we ran up to where you were. Honest mister, that's the whole story."
ooc,if you want to make a psych check to see if he's lying or not, let me know.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Everyone starts to hear sirens in the distance.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard says ok lets get going to whoever is in the drivers seat, if its me I shout out "Everyone in a car NOW we are leaving, back to the museum first we can patch up there and then go to the appropriate places for medical help"
Ben,psych chance = 5% roll = 63% so a failure [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4268354/[/url] I need to know who is in what car and who is driving (possible me of course), also need to know if I have someone I may know who can help us medicaly so we do not have to use an official hospital, figure I may have had to have help like this before
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

The siren was a crescendo of the ominous threat approaching. The boy scouts of Boston won't be happy to see the community garden ablaze in the air, as if the fire was an exclamation mark of everything that happened on that lot. Quite frankly, it forecast something awful as Jordie went into deep thought about the funhouse around the corner.

It felt like the city was howling after Jordie, and she wasn't in the mood in making new friends. She slid the key into ignition and turned the gear into drive, ready to escape into the closing act of the show.
Psychology Roll 25%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4268573/]Success = 17%[/url]
OOC,So [b]Warren[/b], [b]Charles[/b], [b]Harrison[/b], and I are in [b]Warren's[/b] car. [b]Richard[/b], [b]Sonny[/b], and [b]Michael[/b] in the other? Isn't there 3 or 4 cars here that we own? Btw [b]DrVendetta[/b], we should just leave towards the hospital instead, as we don't want the nature of our enterprise to be known if we are followed. Especially the location. Unless, you want to check for something at the Museum, otherwise, we can catch our breaths at the hospital.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

There are 3 cars here.
Jordie,you hear Joe spilling his story before you get in, you get a good look in his eyes, the kids scared but telling the truth.
One of you remembers the museum was locked up when you were last there, one of the reasons you came here.
OOC: For those heading to the hospital go here.
OOC: otherwise let me know where you are going?
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine

"Not much point in heading for the Museum we'd best go direct to the hospital. Harrison and Charles need a doc quick and I'm in no shape to go visiting the museum at the moment."
I wince as Jordie pushes the gear stick into first, "Steady, this old girl need to be coaxed"
Everyone in this car,Hospital I think.
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Ben,you did not respond to my questions So I guess I am following Jordie in the lead car
Jordie,we don't have our stories straight so I will be taking your lead at the hospital on trying to explain all of these injuries
Richard continues to talk to Joe as he follows the car Jordie is driving (ok at this point I guess I am driving) "Ok here is the deal Joe we can try to help keep you out of trouble if you want but I currently believe that Phil is the mastermind behind everything here, he took the reverends body and replaced it in the Fire which is where he left Toms body. I believe that Joe helped the Reverend escape from the prison and has been helping ever since. Now you can choose to help us try to make things right and let us know everything that you know about Phil or you can choose to be an acomplise of Phils when the straight scope comes out, and trust me we will make sure it does, the choice is yours but I would be very carefull about who you talk to about all of this. So relax and try to think of anything else you may know about Phil and or his interaction on this case and or with the Chapel site. You have nothing to fear from me going forward but you need to decide which side you want to be on in this."
Ben,Presuade chance = 75% roll = 72% so a success
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Ben,I will switch to hospital thread as soon as we clear this conversation
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Dr V,Sorry I kind of glossed over that question. You don't really know anyone for medical stuff anything you've run into before you've been able to handle yourself or went to a hospital/doctor. You had no idea on if Joe was telling the truth or not. As far as who is in what car is up to you guys. I'm not going to dictate that. I think that covers everything.
You pile into the 3 cars and head out of the alley just before a police car and fire truck turn into the road.
Richard and anyone in his car,[b]Joe [/b]looks at you his eys wide,[color=#0000FF] "[b]PHIL[/b]?? I don't buy it. What about his sister and all that mess? I can't believe he is part of this. Even if he is, I'm not. Never even heard of this Chapel till tonight."[/color]
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard responds to Joe "Slow down take a deep breathe and relax Joe, I mean think about it, how do you think Phil new of a secret back entrance to the Chapel lot? Was there anything in the car you guys were in when you came to the lot? Did you actually know Phil's sister? How long ago was she kidnaped? Had he ever mentioned that to you before or do you think he was just saying that to cover his tracks with us when he got there. I mean how did he find out about us to start with? If he was so interested in all this why did he never publish any of the stories he has been working on for all this time? What else would he want the Reverends body for why didnt he just leave it in the fire with Tom's body and why did he throw a dummy in the fire to make us 'think' the Reverend had been burned to death?"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Joe just blinks at you with a blank stare, "Wow, do you really think he was involved." And he drops his head and looks down at his hands.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

"At this point yes I do believe he is involved Joe, I mean you saw some of what was going on back there, I mean what reason would he have for taking the reverend out of there and placing a dummy next to Tom and then lighting them on fire? How does a Reverend escape from a prison that hardened criminals can't get out of, unless he had help from someone on the outside, so take a minute and ask yourself what do you REALLY know about Phil and what he has been up to with this case. Try to think of anything that he may have said in passing or you may have over heard him speaking about by accident that seemed off or different at the time, it may help us to figure out what is going on and where he may have taken the Reverend to." Richard says to Joe
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Joe looks up and shakes his head, "I'm sorry sir, I don't think I've ever heard him say one word about this." He looks back down and then pops his head up, "he was looking through some files on Jenn's desk earlier. There was a weird phone call, then Jenn went and did some research. Then when she walked out, he went and looked through it, I din't take any mind to it. Then he made a call, I think he was finding out where that weird call came from. Thats when he told me to come on and we hopped in the car and went to the museum."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”