IC: Ch. 4g: A car chase (Richard)

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Re: IC: Ch. 4g: A car chase (Richard)

Post by BenTheRat »

You already tried that and failed. They are just too small to hide you completely.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC,sorry I had to change the start time of when this all started. Otherwise things didn't line up right. My bad. Its now about 8:20 PM
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by DrVendetta »

Ben,ok so I am going to be seen if I here the door become locked correct? If the answer to this is yes I know what I am going to do. I have a plan when it starts depends on how when I am detected. It is very important to me that I get the drop on them though, or I am the first one to speak as soon as I am discovered I should say. I will be on skype at 8pm est and we can wip through this pretty quick with me asking questions on skype as I am posting as oppossed me posting questions and you posting answers here. All actions and reactions will be posted here though. Let me know if you will e around tonight.
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Dr V,sorry got scouts tonight, probably won't be home till late.
As you sit figuring out what you want to do, you hear the photographer walk by on your left, and then go to the door. "Damn, forgot to lock it." You hear the lock click.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

I stand straight up with my hands crossed behind my back to not reveal the gun in my hand turn and say to them "Thank you I also forgot to lock it as well when I came in" as a menancing smile crosses my face for them to see.

"I believe that you know me but you have yet to introduce yourselves to me so why don't we start there, who would you be?" and Richard looks at the man that is farthest from the door while keeping the desk and some room between himself and the photographer, Richard also ensures that he can see the photographer out of the corner of his eye to not allow him to get the drop on him.
Ben,[b]Richard[/b] has been taking them in to try to understand what he is up against if this comes to a fight (are they big, small, young, old). If either of them makes a rush at Richard he instantly points the gun directly at there face and say's the following [color=#0000FF]"[b]STOP[/b] or Die your choice"[/color]
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

You can easily see both the guys. The one to your right looks big, strong and handsome. One of those guys who seem to get everything for no effort. In his early 30's. The one to your left by the door is younger mid to early 20's. He is very average and was the one in the restaurant with you that took the picture. Neither seems to be moving to attack.
"Well, well, well who do we have here? Looks like you brought a stray home with you Joe. My name is Phil, reporter for the Boston Globe. And as you may have guessed this is Joe, photographer for the Globe. Which if I'm not mistaken is where we are at. Where we are supposed to be. You on the other hand..." Phil looks over at Joe.
Joe responds as if on que, "This one is Richard."
"Ahhh, Richard, so what brings you to our small rag?" Phil asks.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard smiles and says "Good looks like we can do this the easy way, I would prefer it that way. So why have you had Joe following us and checking into myself and my friends?"
Ben,so now if anyone tries to make a move at me I point the gun at there face and calmly say[color=#0000FF] "I repeat I would prefer to do this the easy way but the choice is yours"[/color]
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Phil sits down on the corner of one of the desks and seems very relaxed. He lights up a cigarette.
"Just following up on the story. Group of ghost hunters running around town, its news. So what exactly is your plan for the old Corbitt house?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard replies "What makes you think we are ghost hunters? And what story are you following up on?"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Phil laughs, "I'm not an idiot, I did an article on the Corbitt place a couple years ago. I know all about that house."
"Joe, head on back and get those pictures developed."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

"Well I new nothing of it 24 hours ago, I am just checking into it for an interested party, what can u tell me about it and its past?"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"You read all the articles, if not you then your friend Warren has. So if you and your group don't want to be called ghost hunters, what would you call yourself?" Phil asks.
You see Joe walk back towards where he was earlier.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

"I havent read any articles and Warren has yet to give the group any usefull input. You want a good story give me some information I can use Like what happened to the reverand from the chapel I could find no record of him going to court?"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Phil takes a puff, "You seem to be confused, I'm the reporter. I ask the questions. Tell me about this Pognus of the unknown. What is that?"
You hear someone try the door handle and then someone knocking on the door.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

"as a reporter you should know you have to build up the trust of your sources, right now I dont know anything about you or if I should trust you. I could care less who gets the story but if you want help from me a guy on the inside you have to help me trust you by giving me some helpfull information, then I will start trusting you and start sharing back with you." If he goes to answer the door I will walk back to where he and Joe had been talking.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Phil ignores the door, "Ok, mac it seems both of us want something here, maybe we can help each other. How about I give you all the info I have and you give me an exclusive on the story?"
You hear more banging on the door, then from outside. "Hey no one stiffs me on a fare. Open the door or I'm breaking it down."
Phil smiles again, he has that kind of smile most guys hate because woman love it. "I think its for you."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard says "sounds like a deal let me go let the driver go"

I then walk over to the door and say through it "Hang on I am unlocking it now"

I reach into my trench coat to hide the gun in my pocket trying to keep it out of view of Phil.

I pull my wallet out of my pocket after opening the door and ask the driver what the fare was then I give him the fare and a handsome tip and apologise about the wait. I also thank him for the ride.

After completing this I turn back to Phil and says "lets go sit down at your desk and talk about what you know and what I can to to help you with your exclusive story."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

After you deal with the driver who is disgruntled but the tip calms him down, you realize you have run through the whole $20 you were given last night.
Phil smiles and says, "sounds great, lets go talk." He leads you to the back room where Joe is laying out an article that features the pic of your team around the diner table. The headline looks like a work in progress but says Ghost Hunters Stalk Boston.
Phil says, "Joe, scrap that one, we'll run tomorrow as set. We're going to do something even better. Get your camera gear ready."
Then back to you, "Ok, I want access. I want to be there when you investigate, I want to do interviews, and I promise I'll make you guys out to be heroes. In exchange I'll stay out of your way, give you all the info I have on it, and have contacts all over that can be of use. Sound good."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

"Your terms sound fine but I have 1 term that must be guarenteed" Richard says as he sits down

"You can't run the story before Monday"

"Before you get all fired up against this lets talk this through, we have no documented facts yet but alot of collected data that we are still connecting the dots on. We will be done by Sunday at 5pm one way or the other this way you can run it and have 'The Complete' story as opposed to a bunch of unconnected dots that you try to piece together that may come back to haunt you if they are proven to be wrong after it goes to print."
Ben,persuade chance = 75% roll = 48% [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4243307/[/url]so a success
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Sounds good to me," He reaches over to shake your hand.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”