IC: Ch. 4g: A car chase (Richard)

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

DrVendetta
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Re: IC: Ch. 4g: A car chase (Richard)

Post by DrVendetta »

I reach out and shake his hand and say "remember no article until Monday, now let me see the article you wrote on the house and what you have now and lets see if you can help me connect any of the dots that I have."
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Phil smiles, "done." He pulls out a folder and shows you the article he wrote 3 years ago that was a feature about the house.
While the article doesn't go into a lot of depth there is a some background and research material there with it that didn't make it into the article.
It talks about a family of French immigrants that moved into the house in 1880. They fled after a series of violent accendents left the parents dead and all 3 children crippled. The accidents reported were written off by the police as nothing more than that, just accidents. You can tell the story wanted to go into a more supernatural vein but stopped short.
The notes go a little deeper into the supernatural aspect of the ghosts in the house of one Mr.Corbitt, who is reportedly buried in the basement or attic. It seemed there were no real facts to go with this side of the story, which is probably why they were left out.
Phil smiled, "Ok, so tell me what you have found so far and we can figure out where the dots connect."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard looks up from the file, "wow not a whole lot hear at all, The pongus is a special knife, we are not sure of its origins or where it comes into play but we feel that someone is trying to get there hands on it. There was an incident at the house where a previous tenant had stabbed himself in the face with a knife, ended up killing himself with it, not sure if this is the same knife or not I need you to dig up everything you can on that incident. Also there was a recent tenant there named Tom Lawrence he goes by Tom Law at times, has a pretty long rap sheet. I need everything you can find on him, he is connected with the goings on at the house somehow. So where are your notes on the Chapel and The Reverand? I dont see any refferences to that in here?" says Richard as he looks back up to Phil

as he is waiting for a response he continues "Also might want to check to see if Tom is connected to the Chapel in any way. Also what happened to the Reverands trial it just seems to end, and there is not a whole lot of news coverage on it someone in power had to be suprressing the story I would like to know who it was and why" Richard stops for a moment then gives Phil the name of the cop that said someone was trying to supress the story and case "He might be able to give you some information on that part of it"
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Phil pulls out the other articles, they are the ones you've already heard about and he didn't write these, so says he can't give you any more background on them.
"But I have a lot of info that never got written down here. The knife huh, well I know the knife the guy who killed himself had was a butcher knife, but the marks on the body didn't match at all. And I know Tom, he is a vagrant, or was till about a year ago, up and disappeared. You say he lived in the Corbitt house for a bit, that is interesting. You know he wasn't albino a year ago. That's recent.'
Phil lights up another cigarrette. "The chapel is a strange one, that thing was shut down, a few years back. Seemed they were all into devil worship and shit. Tom was still a vagrant long after that went down. But Corbitt was definetely a member.
Yea the good reverend ended up going to trial. Got sentenced to 40 years, that was back about 10 years ago. He escaped 4 years back, no one has seen him since."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

"The Reverand escaped eh? Well I would not be suprised if Tom isn't connected to the Revrand or the Chapel. I think if you can track Tom down he might lead you to the Revrand. So you got any idea how Tom became an albino? And why was there so little news coverage on the Chapel raid, I mean that many killed and arrested it should have been front page news for weeks and the trial as well?"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Phil put the cigarette out, "Before my time, but I talked with my editor, Sam, about it. He was here then. Said some suits showed up, didn't threaten them directly, but if the globe ran anything it might go up in flames. He said the editor at the time tried to stand up to 'em but when his family was mentioned he backed down. "
Phil looked down kind of sad. "The editor quit the next day and Sam was promoted. I came to work for em not long afterwards. When I wrote that story, I wanted to include all that but Sam said all the info disappeared with the suits and said I couldn't mention it. It was ..."
Joe pokes his head in, "Hey Phil, there's someone else at the door. Hasn't knocked yet just kind of messing around and looking in."
Phil looks a bit surprised, "Friend of yours?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard sports a puzzled look on his face "no one knows I'm here"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Joe, lets go see who's out there." Phil says and they get up and head towards the front door.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

I stand back out of view but try to set it up so I can get a view of anyone who enters
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

ooc,just fyi, we need to wait for someone else to post first before we can continue here. He is pretty quick to post.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Ben,np I am figuring on warren
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Joe opens the door, "Anyone out here," he asks.
From where you are, you can't see whats going on. You hear a voice from outside.
"Oh Warren, you surprised me there. What are you doing lurking around out here? Com one in" Joe says.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine
"Just needed an address from my desk" I take another drag from the cigarette and start to move towards the door, "You never answered, what keeps you here so late?"
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

As you step into the doorway you see Phil further back into the room, "Evening mate," he says.
There is someone else also in the shadows but you can't make out who it is. Joe answers, "Just working late with Phil on a story."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard thinks to himself, ok now I know how they managed to follow us, but why did they need me if they already have Warren in there pocket? I try to get a better view without revealing myself to anyone for when Warren walks in and goes to his desk, I want to ensure I know which desk is his and who is with him that I can't make out.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine
I smile at Phil, "Busy?", I don't want him to know I spotted him following me earlier. I move towards my desk, while trying to see who it is trying to stay out of sight.
So Phil and Joe are working together, interesting.
spot hidden,65% 1d100 → [66] = (66) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4245088/ damn missed by 1%
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Richard,you are the one Warren can't make out.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Phil smiles, "I thought you had a hot date with Jenn tonight, wasn't expecting to see you here."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine
I walk to my desk open a drawer and start rummaging as though I'm searching for something. "Really, what gives you that idea?"
I can't figure out who is keeping out of sight, and I'm not going to give away that I know someone is there.
- Anais Nin
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Ben,I don't want Warren to see me so I try to stay out of sight I am assuming whoever was outside with him did not come in so I could not get a look at them?

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”