IC 3f: Back together again

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

Mouchinator
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Re: IC 3f: Back together again

Post by Mouchinator »

"Whelp, maybe I'll just head over to the PD right now. Anyone want to join me?"
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

"Sure, why not - can't help to get to know the local PD when you're a new boy in town
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
Yigcredible
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Yigcredible »

With a buzz going, Harrison decides to make himself a sandwich and fill his stomach. As he does so, he listens to the others discussing what their next move should be. "Yeah, it sounds like this house is bad news no matter what time of day it is, but I would also feel better checking the place out in broad daylight than at night. Haunted or not, it makes sense that this albino will only come creeping around when the sun goes down... Although it doesn't sound like he's playing with a stacked deck either." He goes over and looks at the drawing of the knife that the albino is in search of. "I was thinking maybe I could hit up the library, check out the archives and see if there are any news stories on the Chapel you all mentioned. I might also check out some of the occult books they have there, see if they have anything that resembles this knife our albino friend is after. Maybe find out why he wants the knife so bad and what his angle is." He takes a bite out of his sandwich. "Maybe someone else could go back to the occult store and show them a copy of the knife drawing, see if the clerk recognizes it or his significance?"
"Save during infrequent local scares, only wonder-loving grandmothers and retrospective nonagenarians ever whispered of beings dwelling in those hills..."
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine
Again I place a hand over the mouthpiece of the phone and turning to Harrison, "Yeah, I can pay a visit to the occult store. Talk to the clerk and then find you over at the library. After all if the knife means something to him he might have information that will help with the library search"
I scratch the back of my neck with my free hand, "I have some private business to attend to at eight, until then..."
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine
With a click I hang up the phone and turn back to the group, "Okay the phone's free if anyone wants to use it"
- Anais Nin
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Occigon »

"I can head back to the library with you," Charles tells Harrison.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by BenTheRat »

The clock shows it is already getting close to 2. The new found friendships, food and good booze is keeping you here longer than you know you should.
Ms. Patton says, "Were you ladies and gentlemen planning to return here later tonight, the morning or lunch time again tomorrow?"
OOC ALL,Time to wrap this part up and move onto chapter 4. So everyone needs to tell me where they are heading first.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine

"Uh okay, I'll head over to the occult store, if someone has an address, and see if the guy there knows anything about the knife, after that i'll drop by the library and see how its going"
OOC,occult store first.
- Anais Nin
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard tells Warren where to find the occult store, and tells him that money is what motivates this guy and to make sure he talks before giving him the money.
after Richard tells Warren where to go he chimes in "Well I am off to the county clerks office to check into the court records for those old cases, Michael if you get any word on what the cases where or when give the county clerks office a ring and let the clerk know what they are, it might help us track the records down faster. What time do we all want to meet back here?"
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

After a long while of absorbing all the facts, Jordie opens up, "I'll head out with Warren to the Occult Store and meet up with you fellas at the library."
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard who is starting to get upset at the complete lack of the direction of this group says "So do we want to meet back here at 8pm?"
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine

"8pm is no good for me I've got a previous engagement"
I walk over to the chair where I left my hat and coat and pick them up, looking over to Jordie, "So you coming with me?"
As I head for the door I turn back to Richard, "I'll see Harrison at the library after I've talked to the guy in the occult store so he can tell me where and when we meet up."
With that I take a cigarette from my case and light it as I leave.
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC: I'll leave this thread open if you want to do last second arrangements on when to meet up again.
But you can start on your new threads also.
Richard goes here.
Warren and Jordie go here.
Harrison and Charles go here.
Michael and Sonny go here.
Remember you can only read your own thread until you get back together.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

"If Warren is busy this evening and a few of us think that heading to the house in daylight would be preferable, why don't we meet here at 8:30 tomorrow morning?" suggests Charles.
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

As Jordie saunters along with Warren, she looks back towards Richard and takes a moment to herself about this character. "Don't look so upset love, Warren and I are dropping by at the library this evening, for some light reading of cults and murder trials. Perhaps a few of us can meet up there around 6?"

Jordie began to reflect upon herself. She had thought her trip to the Insane Asylum was bizarre, but the stories of what others had to say, made her day seem like a walk in the park. She was afraid that the final picture of this puzzle, the mystery she was fixing together, would be her lying on the floor in that awful funhouse some people have called home.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard reply's to Jordie, "Well I am sure were I will be will be closed by 5pm so I guess I will meet up with you there"
Richard turns and leaves for his destination.
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Jordie raises an eyebrow, as she watches Richard walk out the door, wondering what cacophony of a sentence that has been stringed together. She caught 5 o'clock in the air, so perhaps that was more of a suitable time to arrive at.

Jordie leaves the room and attempts to catch up to Warren

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”