IC 3e: Richard, Sonny & Harrison at the house

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

IC 3e: Richard, Sonny & Harrison at the house

Post by BenTheRat »

Date: Monday March 21, 1921 12:30 PM

Sonny get's out of the car and calls out "Hola! Richard, what brings you out here this fine sunny day?" he gives him a big grin.
Harrison gets out of the car and leans on the roof to prop him up.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Re: IC 3e: Richard, Sonny & Harrison at the house

Post by DrVendetta »

"Greetings" Richard says to Sonny and looks over and gives a nod to Harrison.
Answering Sonny, Richard says "I am gather what information that I can on are Albino friend. So have you guys obsereved anything interesting yet?"
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

Sonny looks over to Harrison and winks. Turning back to Richard he says "Well, our albino friend was poking around in the house last night. Old Harry there and I went in to try and ask him some questions, though to be honest we didn't know it was him when we first went in. Anyway, he's one quick and slippery snake and was in no mood to be asked no questions, he ducked outta the kitchen window and was gone quicker than a rat up a drainpipe."

"Seeing as we were now in the house we thought we'd take a look around - see what was interesting our friend so much. We heard some noises upstairs and went to take a look see. I swear i saw someone climbing up onto the roof - so I goes to the window to try and see who it is but the window is nailed shut and then the bed just flies straight at me outta nowhere. Lucky for me I is quick and got outta the way - but this is the strange thing...there weren't nobody in that room 'ceptin me and no one ran out past Harrison. I looked but I couldn't see any way that the bed coulda been thrown by no rope or counterweight or something"

"Anyway - that was enough excitement and strangeness for me for one night - the Doctor's newspaper ad, MAPS, that strange flask already with our names on it, flying beds and scary white people. No sir, this poor nigger decided it was time to get some good old fashioned sleep"

"And that's how you find us this morning - watching the house, waitin to see else might turn up"
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard addresses both of them "Well that confirms part of what I found out as well, mainly that our half albino is still around, the other thing I got was that he is now a full albino"
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
Yigcredible
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Yigcredible »

Harrison raises his eyebrows after Richard briefly replies to them. "That all you found out? Nothing else to go on about this guy? Name? Anything? Sonny here almost got his arms broken trying to catch this guy. You got nothing else to tell us?"
"Save during infrequent local scares, only wonder-loving grandmothers and retrospective nonagenarians ever whispered of beings dwelling in those hills..."
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard turns an looks at Harrison "Did you have to much coffee today or something Harrison? Its been 60 seconds here how about giving a man a chance to respond? And what have you REALLY come up with? The fact that Tom is still around? Not a big surprise to me, I told you I thought he had a major role in this whole thing yesterday and that he simply didn't just 'run' away. You are confronted with our currently most wanted suspect and you let him get away. So did you manage to come up with anything else that might be useful Mr Harrison?"

While Richard is waiting on Harrisons response he turns to Sonny and says with a compasionate voice "Is you arm ok? What did he do to almost break it?"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC: I'll leave this open for a day or 2 if you want to continue to roleplay a bit before moving to the museum.
after that You should move to this thread.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

Sonny glances quizzically at Harrison whilst thinking to himself "man, fella sure is bitchy on a hangover, remember to tread lightly round him in the mornings" before turning to Richard

"It's nothin' serious, thanks for your concern. He jumped outta the kitchen window and I made a grab for him - had a handful of his robe or cloak or whatever you want ta call it and he slammed the window down on my arms, hard enough to make me let go but no serious damage, just some bruising."

"I can still my play my trumpet just fine" he smiles and mimics playing his trumpet, waggling his fingers across the pistons.

"Ok,so your hunch was right - our 'bino friend is still in the picture and as we discover last night, still very interested in our house. Also, there may be 'strange' tings going on - I'm not saying ghosts or ghouls or hauntings or stuff like that but I ain't saying it's not, I seen some strange shit down in New Orleans so my mind is open"

"So we due back at the museum anytime now - lets go grab some quick pancakes and coffee see if we can put ol' Grumpy Sulkbottom over there in a better mood and then go see what fun everyone else got upto last night" his stomach let out a long a grumble to emphasise the need for breakfast.

"Come on Richie, there's room for all of us in the car".
Last edited by Papa Gateau on Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Sonny,You missed what I posted, you guys slept through the morning, its already time to head to the museum. Check the time at the top of the thread.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

OOC,my bad - have edited the post.

DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

"I'm glad your arm and hand is ok Sonny, I'd love to here you play next time you have a gig you will have to let me know" Richard says to Sonny as he starts to step towards the car to get in at Sonny's direction.
Yigcredible
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Yigcredible »

"Normally I'm a ray of sunshine after almost getting killed by a crazed albino and a murderous piece of furniture and then sleeping in a car," Harrison says, his words dripping with sarcasm. "And far be it from me to deprecate the detective skills of a compadre, discerning that our half albino is in fact a full albino pales in comparison -- pardon the pun -- to what my Southern fried partner and I had to endure last night, if I may say so. I've never been to New Orleans, but the fact one of us coulda been killed last night establishing the paranormal nature of this here residence makes me damn curious to actually find out what's going on here. But don't mind me, I must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed." He gives Sonny a knowing look, lights up a cigarette and gets back in the car to head to the museum.
"Save during infrequent local scares, only wonder-loving grandmothers and retrospective nonagenarians ever whispered of beings dwelling in those hills..."
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

Sonny gets in the car, gives Harrison a big grin and claps him on the thigh "That's alright my man, take it easy, I'm just playin' with ya, didn't mean no harm by it - it's been a strange night that's for sure - now 'bout that coffee and pancakes...?"

DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard says "Sounds ok to me" as he pulls out his pocket watch to double check the time.
Ben,Need a time check please
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC,the time at this point in the game is right about 5 mins till 1.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”