IC 3d: Warren and Jordan to the Asylum

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

IC 3d: Warren and Jordan to the Asylum

Post by BenTheRat »

Date: Monday, March 21, 1921 8:30 AM

Warren picks up Jordan in the morning after a restless night. Everything seemed so surreal, and now you are heading for an insane asylum. Talk about taking a turn. As they make the 20 minute drive just outside of Boston, the Roxbury Sanitarium looks intimidating.

Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Re: IC 3d: Warren and Jordan to the Asylum

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"Love, you happen to have the time?" Jordie's voice did not come off as alluring nor disdainful, but strong. She had an earthly air to her, she smelled of honey, timber, the musk of rain, and spring. Sweet yet dry. There was something promising of her beauty. Jordie had all the qualities that appeared organic and intrinsic to her character; without any excessive makeup most flapper girls wore or the loose morals. Jordie did not share the same taste in beauty like most of her youth, she left her breast unbound unlike her peers, who pursued the fashion of appearing flat-chested. Jordie was not slim but wholesome. She was naturally beautiful.

Jordie understood the nature of her beauty and the nobility that entails. Of how it made men want to escape from themselves, with someone so ideal, yet judge their worth too corrupt for her beauty. And this, Jordie took advantage of.
OOC,Sorry if I'm rambling on and making drawn out descriptions. I'm just having too much fun writing, hahaha :D
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

It is around 8:30 am when you pull up. There are only a few cars parked out front, no one is outside. It is already unusually warm for a March morning.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine
Gently pulling the car to a halt alongside the others, I pull my pocket watch from my waistcoat and glance at the time.
"8:30" I answer trying, with some difficulty, to ignore the obvious charms of my companion.
Picking up my hat and coat from the back seat, I climb from the car and move towards the main entrance, noting, and ignoring, the visiting times posted next to the front doors.
With my free hand I knock, hard, on the door. As I wait for an answer, I take my cigarette case from my jacket pocket and flip it open. Then thinking better of it I close it with a 'snap'.
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

After a few minutes pass the door opens a bit. A young man is looking out at you.

"What do you want? Visiting hours aren't until 9:30." He seems to notice the cigarette case in your hand. "And no smoking."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"It's terribly hot outside and you can't leave us stranded in the heat," Jordie fans herself with her hand in a very feminine posture. "We can wait in the lobby, we won't bother you," Jordie winks at the young man, with a very inviting look in her eyes.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Well it is going to be a hot day. I guess it can't hurt to wait in the lobby. All the patients are having breakfast right now, unless you are here to see someone else. Come on in, but still no smoking." The intern lets you in.
Just past the door is a lobby area. It is full of single seat comfortable stuffed chairs. They are setup in pairs. You notice a lack of other furnishings.
"Please wait here. I'll be back in a bit when we are done with morning rounds."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"Thank you kindly," as Jordie gives a warm smile to the orderly, she helps herself to a seat and patiently waits.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

After what seems like a long time, and you feel like maybe the orderly forgot about you, he shows up. He is smiling this time.
"Hello, sorry if I was rude earlier, we were in the middle of a crisis. My name is Kevin, how can I be of assistance?" He says as he holds out his hand.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Jordie quickly glances at Warren and back at Kevin the orderly, "my friend and I are interested in visiting Mr. and Mrs. Macario? Vittorio and Gabriella?"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Ok follow me." He says., "You'll have to sign the book."

Then he mumbles something else.
OOC,both of you make a listen check to hear it.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine;
As we follow the attendant I overhear his low mumble
OOC,Sorry I have been unable to log in for the past couple of days
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

You over hear him mumble "The Macario's seen to be popular this week."
He leads you to a desk, "You'll have to sign in here. The dude doesn't talk much, his wife is a bit more."
ooc,no problem, it happens
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine

Giving no evidence of hearing his mumble, I follow him to the desk and the book to be signed, "Where do you want me to sign?"
As I speak I look at the previous visitors names and hope they indicate who they were here to see, so as to see who had suddenly been visiting the Macarios.
"Tell me - uh Kevin is it? Who is the doctor in charge of the Macarios treatment?"
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Just the next line on the sheet. And put in who you are visiting." Kevin responds.
As you look through the sheet, you can see a spot to write your name, who you are visiting, date of visit and time.
You can see that 1 sheet lasts several weeks as there are very few visitors for anyone. You see 2 lines above where you are supposed to sign, a visitor 'Tom Law' written in from March 17th, just 4 days ago. He only stayed about an hour and visited Gabriella.
"The Macario's don't have their own, they are treated by the staff doctors. Yea, both of you need to sign in," as he looks over at Jordie and smiles.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

As Jordie saunters toward the desk, she leans over it and examines the visitors' lists. Jordie politely returns the orderly's smile, and flourishes Claire Bloomfield on the sheet. As much as Jordie enjoys candlelight dinners and inviting herself to art galleries; Jordie was on edge, a place like this is meant to keep people in and Jordie didn't want to stick her nose around in the wrong places. The narrow hallways divested of all colours and imagination, made the hallway no different than the dark alleys of Boston. Especially the dangers that wait around the corners.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine

I notice the signature that Jordie has submitted and smile as I look away from the book. As I turn toward the waiting attendant, I continue the smile making it as friendly as I can, "So Kevin. That takes care of the formalities may we see Gabriella Macario now?"
I glance toward Jordie, "I'm afraid Miss Bloomfield has limited time available to her, so we would like to make this interview as short as possible."
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

He leads you up some stairs and down a hall. He comes to a small door and knocks gently. "Gabriella, you have some visitors."
Kevin opens the door slightly, "Do you feel up for talking today?" He looks in and you can see a smallish woman sitting on the bed.
As he sees the woman nod, Kevin opens the door the full way, he looks back at the 2 of you. "The door must stay open and don't upset her." He steps aside for you to enter, its a small room maybe 8x8, with a writing table, 1 chair, a photograph of 2 young boys, some paper and a pen. Then the small bed and a cabinet in one corner. A picture hangs on the wall of a peaceful meadow.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine

Allowing Jordie to enter the small room first I turn to the attendant, "Kevin before you go, a question if I may?"
Raising my voice enough so that it carries to the sitting Gabriella, "I couldn't help but notice that Mrs Macario here was visited a couple of days ago by a Tom Law. Were you on duty then and can you describe this Mr Law?"
I look for any unexpected reaction to the name from Kevin or Gabriella.
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Gabriella looks up but doesn't seem to have any reaction out of the ordinary. Kevin responds, "Yea he did, strange fellow, though nice enough. He was one of those albino types, you know white hair, real pale blue eyes. He only stayed a couple minutes and left."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”