IC 3c: Richard chasing down an Albino

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

IC 3c: Richard chasing down an Albino

Post by BenTheRat »

As you wake up in the morning in your own bed, you half wonder if it was all a dream. But that flask on your bed table and the $20 under it verify it was true. Now, where do I go to track down this Albino.
OOC,You are the only one without a specific location to go to, so let me know your plan.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Re: IC 3c: Richard chasing down an Albino

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard reviews all of the things that were gone over last night at the meeting in his head. He checks his pocket watch before placing it in his pocket, 8:05am. After dressing Richard goes out to seek the closet market, occult shop, police station, hospital, and fire station to the haunted house. He figures that he might stop in and check a few neighbors and or gangs of kids playing near the house to see if anyone has noticed the Albino or has any leads.
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

sounds good, where do you want to start first.
edit: I'll start with the first one you listed and we can go from there.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

As Richard heads to Norman street, its a warm and bustling Monday morning. But turning onto the street is a disappointment.
The majority of the street is now made up of businesses that are offices, warehouses and such. Not much in the way of grocers and vendors. There is one small shop that sells Cigars and magazines on the block and a bit further down is a small grocer selling fresh fruits and dairy.
At the Cigar stand an elderly man is sitting on a stool reading a newspaper, while in the grocer a young man, maybe 14, is talking a lady into buying some tomatoes.
You also see the house, sitting alone among the businesses. The overgrown yard, the unpainted house looks old.
It seems to withdraw itself into the shadows even in the morning light.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard walks over to the cigar stand and looks over the different brands of cigars that are laid out for sale. While looking over the cigars (without looking at the old man) Richard ask "Any recomendations on what is offered here?"
Last edited by DrVendetta on Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Morning sir. I have some excellent Cuban's here, or if you'd like a little more South American flavor, I have several of those. I also have most cigarette brands. And of course all the magazines and newspapers you see here." The vendor says.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

"South American sounds good, do you have any from Peru?" ask Richard
Last edited by DrVendetta on Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Yes, I have 1 Peruvian brand here, very nice. $1."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard seems surprised with his response "$1, wow that seems a little high" Richard picks one up an runs it under his nose smelling the cigar. "So have you been selling at this stand here long?"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Yes, $1 is a bit on the high side, but Peruvian's are the best there are. If you'd rather have a 5 or 10 cent cigar, I have plenty of those as well. To answer your question, yea, I've been selling here about 3 or 4 years."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard replys "I agree with you Peruvians are the best there are and they are much harder to come by then the standard Cubans, so did you ever notice the gentleman that used to live in that house over there" Richard points at the house with the cigar that is still in his hand, he watches the old mans eyes to see if he looks at the house he is pointing to as he reaches into his pocket for his money clip.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Yea, nice man, though I usually dealt with his wife. She'd come buy a paper once a week or so." A gentleman walks up and picks up a Boston Globe and hands the vendor a nickle. "Thank you sir," the vendor says, but the man doesn't even look up and heads into one of the nearby offices.
"That's 90% of my business right there, not even a you're welcome. I might have to find a new place." He picks up a package of matches to hand to you with the cigar. "Terrible what happened to them. Heard they both went to the looney bin. That Corbitt place will do it to you."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

"Corbitt? who was Corbitt?" Richard ask
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

The vendor thinks for a minute, "You know I have no idea. I've always just heard it called that. Stay away from the Corbitt house, its haunted." He smiles for second. "Must have been the original owners or something. Things got to be a hundred years old. Corbitt is probably long dead and buried by now. Wish they would have just tore it down with the rest of the homes on this street. So you want the Peruvian?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

"Yes I will take the Peruvian" Richard hands the man a dollar coin. "So what did the wife use to tell you about the house? Did she say anything about it being haunted or any strange things that they experienced? Richard ask
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"We didn't talk a whole lot." He paused and thought for a moment, "I remember after the husband was taken away she didn't like to leave the 2 boys in the house alone for long. She did say something about one of the bedrooms being off limits. What did she say? Something like 'they better not be in that last bedroom.' That's about all I remember her saying about the house. Thank you." You notice him hold it up for a sec then slip it in one of the many pockets of the cloth belt he has on. "Anything else I can get you?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard tucks the cigar into his shirt pocket and says "Well actually I did not know about the couple you were talking about, I believe there was a half albino that lived in there I guess before them. You ever see him around?"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

The old man looks a bit shaken when you say that, "Well I got a business to run here, I don't have all day to talk to you. Thanks," Then as a lady walks up, he rushes over to pick up a paper and hand it to her, "Here you go mam, you have a good day." As he takes the coin and slips it in his pouch, he turns his back to you while he straightens his stack of papers.
The vendor whispers over his shoulder, "I don't want no trouble here, so just move on."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard turns to the vendor an apologiticaly say "Sorry I didnt mean to offend him, I take it he had issue with the Albino then?"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

The vendor turns around, "You haven't offended anyone," the vendor looks left and right "But I think its time you move on your way."
OOC,Make a psychology roll for me
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”