IC: Ch 2. The Job

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Re: IC: Ch 2. The Job

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC,I have setup place holders in anticipation of moving to the next chapter. If the plans of who is going where changes, I'll change the threads. You can ignore them for now until you guys are ready to move on.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

There was a lot of information to absorb out of this freak show, and quite frankly, Jordan was caught off guard and left uneasy that she was expected. Sarah, Vera, and Nicole, or whatever she could think up on the spot, were the false aliases Jordan would use under a facade. The atmosphere in the room was friendly and full of colourful faces, yet Jordan felt vulnerable, her mind plagued with the anxiety that other's may already know her true colours.

Jordan roamed around the lounge, scanning the room of it's decor and contents, walking off the dread in her mind. The facts were tough to swallow and Jordan needed something strong to wash it down. Jordan swished the contents of the flask in her hand and upon opening it, Glenfiddich scotch. It was her favourite. In disbelief, she closed the content and stowed it away in a fast flurry motion.

Feeling rather reserved and distant, Jordan gestures her hand towards Richard, "Jordan Lynch, pleasure to make your acquitance. Most people call me Jordie," her voice tightened, Jordan under the right light could take on a certain manner that mislead and deceive men, but this music wasn't right for her. Jordan gestures her hand towards Warren and rehearses the same line.

Jordan wasn't sure why she came, the five finger discount got her away with many things in life, but some hard earned cabbage can go long ways. Her youth could've earn her easy pocket change, but she was better than that.

There was a lot troubling Jordan's mind, she crossed her arms in and stroked her shoulder slowly, keeping her thoughts to herself.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine

I respond to Jordan's greeting. Then replacing my hat on my head I finish the contents of the glass,
"Well that's that then, if there's nothing else may I suggest we call it a night?"
I turn to leave, then turn back toward Jordan, "How do you want to work this, meet somewhere in the morning or can I pick you up somewhere?"
To the others in the room I touch the brim of my hat, "Untill tomorrow here at 1pm, as Richard suggests."
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by BenTheRat »

As each of you are getting ready to leave Ms. Patton hands each of you a small satchel. The letters M.A.P.S. are stamped into the soft leather. She also hands you a $20 bill. "Good Luck and I'll see you tomorrow."

If you look in the satchel, each bag has a flashlight, pocket knife, some rope, box of matches, a notepad, pen, small first aid kit and a set of 20 business cards with your name, the initials M.A.P.S., a fancy seal and a phone number you don't recognize, but it is a Boston city area number.
OOC POST:
I think we are ready to move onto chapter 3. Unfortunately my company has decided to lock image shack from my access even if I bypass their firewall, damn IT. Luckily they haven't locked this site yet.

So I have pictures for everyone but I'll have to post them tonight when I get home.

While in seperate threads you may not read the other threads. This is an honor system. When you get back together and someone says they tell you all about what happened, then you may read it. Otherwise you have to play with what info they give you if any.
Sonny and Harrison will go here.
Charles and Michael will go here.
Richard will go here.
Warren and Jordan will go here.
I'll leave this thread open for another day or 2, so if you have some last thoughts or questions you can post them here. Feel free to post on your new thread now.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”